LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next  [ 779 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: June 04, 2019, 4:34 PM Post
Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the season. The play was interesting; he was on first and Segura hit a pop fly the second basemen let drop. He then threw Segura out at first and then McCutchen got into a rundown when he hurt his knee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
yfinn6 said:
Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the season. The play was interesting; he was on first and Segura hit a pop fly the second basemen let drop. He then threw Segura out at first and then McCutchen got into a rundown when he hurt his knee.

I wonder if this is symptomatic of why Segura has been on 5 teams in his young career. McCutcheon has a torn ACL directly due to Segura not running out a pop fly. Is he considered a selfish player or teammate. I’m pretty sure he was in a huge locker room brawl in Seattle last year. For all I know that was the first time all year he didn’t hustle, but I bet it wasn’t.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 6:30 PM Post
The bigger issue is a star player got hurt on what should have been a meaningless play that resulted in one out. There is no question that King Manfred should decree that as soon as a pop fly leaves the bat the umpires should immediately just rule it an out to avoid such needless injuries.

P.S. This wasn't meant to be a serious post. Should have put it in blue.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 6:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
Ehhhh..... Segura took a big swing and dropped to a knee, and then ran out the pop fly. He was out by two steps. It's not like he popped it up and then just stood in the batters box.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
The mistake was on McCutchen for leaving the base in the first place. He panicked when he saw the throw going to 1st.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
trwi7 said:
The mistake was on McCutchen for leaving the base in the first place. He panicked when he saw the throw going to 1st.

It would have been a DP either way, but at least he wouldn't be out with the ACL.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
trwi7 said:

It would have been a DP either way, but at least he wouldn't be out with the ACL.

Pretty sure it wouldn't have. The ball dropped and the throw went to 1st. Once the force out is made on Segura, McCutchen has the right to still occupy that base and there is no force out at 2nd at that point.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
trwi7 said:
wntrtxn21 said:
trwi7 said:

Pretty sure it wouldn't have. The ball dropped and the throw went to 1st. Once the force out is made on Segura, McCutchen has the right to still occupy that base and there is no force out at 2nd at that point.

If the 1B tags McCutchen FIRST and then steps on the base it's a DP even if McCutchen is standing on the base.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 05, 2019, 7:26 AM Post
Miguel Cabrera has been diagnosed with "Chronic changes in his knee."

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/11 ... 2268642305

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 08, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
Man, those couple days felt like forever. Welcome back Brewerfan.net!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 09, 2019, 5:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
Max Muncy hit a homer about a quarter mile into san francisco Bay and red ass baby and noted tantrum thrower madison bumgarner had a fit when Mumcy stood for a few seconds to admire his moon shot. I wish someone would get up the gall to just hit madbum with a heater in the back. His "play the right way" stuff is old and tired.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 09, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
RoCoBrewfan said:
Max Muncy hit a homer about a quarter mile into san francisco Bay and red ass baby and noted tantrum thrower madison bumgarner had a fit when Mumcy stood for a few seconds to admire his moon shot. I wish someone would get up the gall to just hit madbum with a heater in the back. His "play the right way" stuff is old and tired.

Max Muncy’s response to MadBum while he was nearing home has already been transformed into a tee shirt...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 09, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
I hate Bumhole and would find it very difficult to cheer for him if he was ever a Brewer. He was already yelling at Muncy when he was about one step out of the box. And of the homeruns I've seen "admired" this was incredibly tame and barely noticeable. Get over yourself you crap turd.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 10, 2019, 8:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
David Ortiz shot while at a club in the Dominican. Seems like he was targeted? Curious to see what this was all about. I believe his wife is a Wisconsin native.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 10, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
I hate Bumhole and would find it very difficult to cheer for him if he was ever a Brewer. He was already yelling at Muncy when he was about one step out of the box. And of the homeruns I've seen "admired" this was incredibly tame and barely noticeable. Get over yourself you crap turd.

Especially when they're the Giants, with probably the most elaborate admirer of HRs in Bonds still beloved there.

Also one of the things that annoyed me the most about the Cardinals. They had the 2nd worst guy in the league for watching HRs in Pujols yet drilled anyone on the other team that did anything.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 10, 2019, 5:49 PM Post
Joe Musgrove was just thrown out of the game for hitting Josh Donaldson in his jersey in the first inning. Donaldson stared him down, then shoved the catcher, and Musgrove was hardly even doing anything. Both ejected. Ridiculous.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 10, 2019, 8:30 PM Post
yfinn6 said:
Joe Musgrove was just thrown out of the game for hitting Josh Donaldson in his jersey in the first inning. Donaldson stared him down, then shoved the catcher, and Musgrove was hardly even doing anything. Both ejected. Ridiculous.

Absolute joke of a call by the umps. No way Musgrove should have been thrown out and really Donaldson didn't do all that much either. He was walking to first until the catcher put his hands on him and that's when he shoved him. The catcher should have been tossed too then.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 10, 2019, 10:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
A little bit of alpha staring and 50 grown men are ready to pretend fight. Baseball men have more fragile feelings than bi-polar pre school children.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2019, 4:19 AM Post
homer said:
David Ortiz shot while at a club in the Dominican. Seems like he was targeted? Curious to see what this was all about. I believe his wife is a Wisconsin native.

That’s really something. The details will be interesting when they finally emerge.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 11, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
3 teams (including the Brewers) on pace to break the MLB season HR total for a team. 13 HRs in the AZ/Philly game last night. Hmmmm...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 39  Next  [ 779 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply