LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: August 11, 2019, 8:55 PM Post
After lighting it up the first couple months Jonathan Schoop has turned back into Jonathan Sch-uck. His OPS is a little over .600 since the break and he appears to have lost his starting job.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 6:07 AM Post
In 6½ seasons with the Brewers, Lucroy averaged 5.5 fWAR. In total fWAR from 2010-2016 (Does include his first half season with the Rangers) his 37 is second only to Buster Posey (44) among catchers, and 8th most overall behind Trout, Posey, Cabrera, Cano, Beltre, McCutchen and Votto. If that's the standard for "solid", I wouldn't mind a team full of even "pretty solid" or "decent" or "OK" guys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 10:54 AM Post
MLB published the 2020 schedule and the opening day series is against the Cubs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:01 AM Post
nate82 said:

Just looking at this. Being that we have a dome, what is the point of opening on Thurs and having Friday off? Friday opening days are kind of the best you can ask for, I think 2012 vs STL was a Fri opening day and it was by far the best opening day experience I've had. I also want to say they started the game at 3 or 4 as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
Dang it, the Brewers finally come to Baltimore for a series the year after I move away. I would highly recommend a road trip to Camden Yards.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:15 AM Post
I think the wife and I may travel to Boston for the weekend series. Possibly San Diego, but we went there for our honeymoon, so I doubt she wants to do that again

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:22 AM Post
nate82 said:

I also see that all 3 home Cubs series are on weekends.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:35 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
nate82 said:

Just looking at this. Being that we have a dome, what is the point of opening on Thurs and having Friday off? Friday opening days are kind of the best you can ask for, I think 2012 vs STL was a Fri opening day and it was by far the best opening day experience I've had. I also want to say they started the game at 3 or 4 as well.

I would guess everyone starts Thursday and they want us to match?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 12, 2019, 6:16 PM Post
Reds claimed INF Freddy Galvis off waivers from the Blue Jays.

Galvis was sporting a career-high .743 OPS with 18 home runs through 115 games this season for the Blue Jays and holds a relatively inexpensive $5.5 million club option for 2020, so it's a bit of a surprise that Toronto placed him on waivers. It's even more surprising that he made it through all of the American League contenders in the waiver claim order before falling to the Reds. The 29-year-old should get semi-regular action between shortstop and second base in Cincinnati, and he could maybe move into a starting role next season. He'll meet up with the team on Tuesday in Washington, D.C.

Source: Shi Davidi on Twitter
Aug 12, 2019, 1:17 PM ET

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:29 AM Post
Cards can asst hitting coach, Mark Budaska.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/cardinals-relieve-mark-budaska-of-duties

Scapegoat?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:32 AM Post
The Phillies just fired their hitting coach as well, and have hired former manager Charlie Manuel to take his place.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:33 AM Post
Jeez, there is assistant hitting coaches too? If the main hitting coach is irrelevant imaging how useless these guys are

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2019, 9:44 AM Post
Astros recalled RHP Cy Sneed from Triple-A Round Rock.

Sneed will return to the Astros' bullpen ahead of Wednesday's matinee game against the White Sox. He has posted a 3.75 ERA and 12/3 K/BB ratio in 12 innings of relief this season at the major league level.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:14 AM ET

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Misc MLB News
Posted: August 15, 2019, 11:22 AM Post
This day in 2012 Felix Hernandez tossed the last perfect game in history. This is notable because three balls total were hit to RF and the first play of the game was a fairly tough out for the RF to get.

Eric Thames everyone. A pitcher managed a perfect game with Eric Thames playing RF.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2019, 8:23 PM Post
Harper smokes the Cubs with a walk off Grand Slam.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Harper smokes the Cubs with a walk off Grand Slam.

Bote with an error at short in the 9th. Probably why its not wise to put guys out of position if not needed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2019, 1:10 PM Post
Jesus Aguilar got tossed for the first time in his career. Knowing Aguilar, I figured this was an ump being stupid as he's not the type to argue and get tossed. But I rewound on mlb.tv and watched, he slammed his bat on a called 3rd strike and started talking to the ump. He seemed calm enough in talking, but he's such a big and intimidating dude...coupled with slamming his bat, I'm not surprised by it. I generally disagree with tossing guys out of games in almost all cases, but considering what is standard practice...his actions are an ejection almost all the time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2019, 1:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
Since 2003 Mike Trout has 73.5 WAR, second only to Albert Pujols (75.5), who he will likely pass by the end of the season.

Which means Mike Trout has been the best player in baseball since his age 11 season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 21, 2019, 8:53 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Jesus Aguilar got tossed for the first time in his career. Knowing Aguilar, I figured this was an ump being stupid as he's not the type to argue and get tossed. But I rewound on mlb.tv and watched, he slammed his bat on a called 3rd strike and started talking to the ump. He seemed calm enough in talking, but he's such a big and intimidating dude...coupled with slamming his bat, I'm not surprised by it. I generally disagree with tossing guys out of games in almost all cases, but considering what is standard practice...his actions are an ejection almost all the time.

My memory tells me Aguilar seemed to have some sort of discussion with the ump pretty much anytime he struck out looking. Not arguing but some sort of "that's not a strike" conversation. I'm quite surprised that was actually his first ejection because he seemed to complain a lot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status ... 0302319616

Apparently Astros security blocked a specific reporter from the clubhouse during Justin Verlander's post game interview. Very interesting argument here.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply