LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Lineup Thread (Batting Order)

Offline  Re: 2019 Lineup Thread (Batting Order)

Posted: May 13, 2019, 1:45 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
26% in, and now that we know our weakness is NOT our pitching, but our hitting, what to do if anything?

The good:
1.) Yelich
2.) Arcia
3.) Moose
4.) Gamel

The bad:
1.) Grandal
2.) Braun
3.) Thames
4.) Peréz

The ugly:
1.) Shaw
2.) Aguilar
3.) Cain

Can’t have 3 ugly’s. Aguilar is close to the bad category, Cain not so much, and Shaw I have no words.

If this team has at some point half good and half bad, with no uglies, we should be in good shape, just not sure we can get there with-out a call-up and or trade.

Your ranking system is flawed.

Grandal: 105 OPS+
Thames: 126 OPS+
Braun: 103 OPS+

Gamel is 104.
Arcia: 83.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
Yeah, that's a really shortsighted post. Cain has had a rough two weeks after a stellar, consistent, 8 year career with Gold Glove defense in centerfield. The main problems are Shaw, Shaw, Aguilar, and Shaw.

Everybody else has been fine on the whole and have had stretches of excellence this year. Grandal's defense is slightly worrisome, but his switch hitting, excellent approach at the plate and the ability to hit lots of homers in bunches more than makes up for it. Thames is similar (but worse) and is relied upon less. Perez is there for utility defense, enabling us to roster guys like Shaw and Thames. Any offense from him is basically a bonus (and he has some pop and some speed which are luxurious tools for a bench super utility guy). Braun is Braun.

Again, Shaw and Aguilar are the only issues.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 2:26 PM Post
Baldkin said:
Brew crew 92 said:
26% in, and now that we know our weakness is NOT our pitching, but our hitting, what to do if anything?

The good:
1.) Yelich
2.) Arcia
3.) Moose
4.) Gamel

The bad:
1.) Grandal
2.) Braun
3.) Thames
4.) Peréz

The ugly:
1.) Shaw
2.) Aguilar
3.) Cain

Can’t have 3 ugly’s. Aguilar is close to the bad category, Cain not so much, and Shaw I have no words.

If this team has at some point half good and half bad, with no uglies, we should be in good shape, just not sure we can get there with-out a call-up and or trade.

Your ranking system is flawed.

Grandal: 105 OPS+
Thames: 126 OPS+
Braun: 103 OPS+

Gamel is 104.
Arcia: 83.

Ok Thames in the good, so I wrong on him.

Grandal, since the first week and half has been bad offensively.

Braun outside of one 6 hit game bad

Arcia in the last 25 games has been good offensively.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 2:32 PM Post
Oxy said:
Yeah, that's a really shortsighted post. Cain has had a rough two weeks after a stellar, consistent, 8 year career with Gold Glove defense in centerfield. The main problems are Shaw, Shaw, Aguilar, and Shaw.

Everybody else has been fine on the whole and have had stretches of excellence this year. Grandal's defense is slightly worrisome, but his switch hitting, excellent approach at the plate and the ability to hit lots of homers in bunches more than makes up for it. Thames is similar (but worse) and is relied upon less. Perez is there for utility defense, enabling us to roster guys like Shaw and Thames. Any offense from him is basically a bonus (and he has some pop and some speed which are luxurious tools for a bench super utility guy). Braun is Braun.

Cain’s on base 100 points lower than last year, that’s a massive regression.

2 black holes and 1 super massive black hole.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 2:36 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:

Cain will turn it around. Too good of a player not to. I believe in Shaw as well, because the track record is there. Aguilar I'm more leery on, but I think he'll at least be better than he has been. Sometimes guys just go through long stretches of poor hitting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 2:43 PM Post

This is just so factually not true.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:

Grandal last 20 games hitting under .200, so he’s definitely slumping. And Braun I guess you think is having a good year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:

Cain will turn it around. Too good of a player not to. I believe in Shaw as well, because the track record is there. Aguilar I'm more leery on, but I think he'll at least be better than he has been. Sometimes guys just go through long stretches of poor hitting.

I agree with your assessment. This team gonna be fun to watch when Cain and Shaw hitting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:15 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Grandal last 20 games hitting under .200, so he’s definitely slumping. And Braun I guess you think is having a good year.

No, I don't think Braun (or Grandal) is having a "good" year. That doesn't mean they've been bad. A lot of territory in between. You just can't pick out a week here or there when we're in the middle of May and make any conclusions. Overall, both have been fine. But yea, $40MM to be just "fine" is not ideal. But, as with Cain, it is way too early for concern.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 3:45 PM Post
Replying only increases the posting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Oxy said:

Cain with a 5 for 5 game. Who else can you reverse jinx by prematurely saying they suck?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2019, 9:07 PM Post
I try to with Shaw every day it seems.

3-4-5

Batting 3rd 49 42 190 175 20 39 8 0 10 32 3 0 14 43 .223 .280 .440 .720 77 3 0 0 0 1 1 .238 90 78
Batting 4th 53 42 186 155 17 31 7 0 4 18 4 1 24 51 .200 .315 .323 .638 50 5 3 0 2 1 3 .265 73 60
Batting 5th 51 42 184 165 16 33 3 0 8 19 0 0 17 48 .200 .283 .364 .646 60 10 2 0 0 0 0 .229 73 77

Sub 210 BA
Sub 295 OBP
Sub 670 OPS

For reference: Arcia is batting 250/.318/.704

I'm down right excited to put Hiura in the freaking 3 hole at this point. Not that I expect him to be a savior but I also don't expect a .223/.280/.720 slash line.

Other than Yelich 2nd, just DFS our 6th batter every night.
Batting 6th 54 42 176 149 23 44 9 0 9 25 2 0 23 43 .295 .394 .537 .931 80 3 2 0 1 0 1 .357 148 150

Basically you can talk round and round in circles about the batting order but through 43 games we might as well have played Cain Yelich Hiura Erceg Arcia and we'd have been better off until the 6 hole.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
Wow, some of you guys must be spoiled.

1) Braun has been fairly decent even taking out the 6 hit game. Majorly streaky it seems, but overall the results have not been terrible. His OPS was .727 before the 6 hit game....yah not great, but certainly nowhere near bad.

2) Just because Cain has, so far, regressed majorly on offense doesn't make him a black hole. Is a .726 OPS really black hole territory? Seems kinda average to mean.

The black holes are Shaw (obviously) and Aguilar if we are looking at overall stats on the year. Aguilar has really turned it around of late though and Arcia has been good enough to be competent on offense. Though he can become the worst hitter in baseball faster than you blink it seems.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 7:51 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Wow, some of you guys must be spoiled.

1) Braun has been fairly decent even taking out the 6 hit game. Majorly streaky it seems, but overall the results have not been terrible. His OPS was .727 before the 6 hit game....yah not great, but certainly nowhere near bad.

2) Just because Cain has, so far, regressed majorly on offense doesn't make him a black hole. Is a .726 OPS really black hole territory? Seems kinda average to mean.

The black holes are Shaw (obviously) and Aguilar if we are looking at overall stats on the year. Aguilar has really turned it around of late though and Arcia has been good enough to be competent on offense. Though he can become the worst hitter in baseball faster than you blink it seems.

Prior to last nights offensive explosion, he WAS a black hole as a lead off hitter with an on base barely over .300. Zero of us thought that would continue much longer and it looks like that black hole has disappeared.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 8:27 AM Post
I'm shocked that certain people are being dramatic about some of our players. Shocked I tell ya!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
I don't think we'll see it right away, but eventually:

1) Cain
2) Yelich
3) Hiura
4) Moustakas
5) Grandal
6) Braun/Gamel
7) Aguilar/Thames
8) Arcia

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2019, 12:35 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I don't think we'll see it right away, but eventually:

1) Cain
2) Yelich
3) Hiura
4) Moustakas
5) Grandal
6) Braun/Gamel
7) Aguilar/Thames
8) Arcia

I really hope you are right, because that would mean Hiura is killing it in the bigs by the end of the season (I won't contemplate the possibility of all of Moustakas, Grandal, Braun, and Gamel falling off a cliff offensively, which would be the other scenario in which Hiura would hit third). I have no idea how one would find statistical evidence for such a thing, but a rookie being made a #3 hitter on a contender has to be pretty darn rare.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 7:19 AM Post
Enough of Aguilar starting vs righty’s, without power, he’s hurting the team team clogging the bases. Let’s see what Thames can do with lots of ab’s.

This team needs a healthy productive Travis Shaw. No two ways around this one.

Hiura looks overmatched against higher velocity, maybe he’s just Nervous, but it is concerning.

Think Stearns has work to do at the deadline, we need a professional hitter added to this lineup. First baseman. Unless Travis Shaw goes off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 7:23 AM Post
Global Moderator
Thames has quietly been pretty bad over his last 25-30 ABs as well. They're getting virtually no production from 3 of their 4 corner IF's, and they're still winning a lot of games. If the lineup ever starts hitting from top to bottom, this team will be very tough to beat.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Thames has quietly been pretty bad over his last 25-30 ABs as well. They're getting virtually no production from 3 of their 4 corner IF's, and they're still winning a lot of games. If the lineup ever starts hitting from top to bottom, this team will be very tough to beat.

Thames AB’s have been sporadic, I think with consistent playing time he’ll do better than a powerless, sloth like Aguilar.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply