LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Lineup Thread (Batting Order)

Offline  Re: 2019 Lineup Thread (Batting Order)

Posted: May 19, 2019, 11:19 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
PeaveyFury said:
Thames has quietly been pretty bad over his last 25-30 ABs as well. They're getting virtually no production from 3 of their 4 corner IF's, and they're still winning a lot of games. If the lineup ever starts hitting from top to bottom, this team will be very tough to beat.

Thames AB’s have been sporadic, I think with consistent playing time he’ll do better than a powerless, sloth like Aguilar.[/quot

Thames isn't going to get anything close to consistent playing time unless Aguilar get hurt. Thames is a strikeout waiting to happen. Last year 40% or the time and so far this year 45% of his ABs have been Ks. I think the Crew is looking to move him in a salary dump.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Lineup Thread (Batting Order)

Posted: May 19, 2019, 11:38 AM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
PeaveyFury said:
Thames has quietly been pretty bad over his last 25-30 ABs as well. They're getting virtually no production from 3 of their 4 corner IF's, and they're still winning a lot of games. If the lineup ever starts hitting from top to bottom, this team will be very tough to beat.

Thames AB’s have been sporadic, I think with consistent playing time he’ll do better than a powerless, sloth like Aguilar.[/quot

Thames isn't going to get anything close to consistent playing time unless Aguilar get hurt. Thames is a strikeout waiting to happen. Last year 40% or the time and so far this year 45% of his ABs have been Ks. I think the Crew is looking to move him in a salary dump.

You keep using his AB's rather than his PA's to determine his K rate which is really misleading. He's actually striking out 34.8% of the time which is still a lot but it's certainly not 45%. He's also got a 124 OPS+ which is well above average and gets on base nearly 40% of the time. As long as his OBP stays up over. 350 he is far from a liability in the lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 11:39 AM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
PeaveyFury said:

Don’t like Thames either, but going with the lessor of two evils here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2019, 5:48 AM Post
Shaw off to a bad start in his rehab, 1 for 9, with 3 Ks. Thinking he might be down there a while. He’s been too good a hitter to not eventually hit again right?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2019, 4:29 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Shaw off to a bad start in his rehab, 1 for 9, with 3 Ks. Thinking he might be down there a while. He’s been too good a hitter to not eventually hit again right?

Because it’s baseball, Shaw will hit .450 in the second half.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2019, 8:18 AM Post
I wonder when they’ll start to think about dropping Cain. OBP is his game and so far it’s not there yet. Arcia has a higher OBP right now. Gamel could start seeing more starts in CF if it continues.

Edit: Time to flip Arcia and Cain in the order? Cain looks old this year. Soft contact and not working walks.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 12:21 PM Post
At what point do we consider starting Braun at 1b and Gamel in LF on a semi regular basis? Something like

LF Gamel
RF Yelich
1b Braun
3b Moose
C Grandal
CF Cain
2b Hiura
SS Arcia

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 1:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I wonder when they’ll start to think about dropping Cain. OBP is his game and so far it’s not there yet. Arcia has a higher OBP right now. Gamel could start seeing more starts in CF if it continues.

Edit: Time to flip Arcia and Cain in the order? Cain looks old this year. Soft contact and not working walks.

I feel like just about the time we start talking about sitting guys or moving them down in the order they start hitting. So time to buy low on Cain in daily fantasy leagues I guess [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 1:14 PM Post
homer said:
Brew4U said:

I feel like just about the time we start talking about sitting guys or moving them down in the order they start hitting. So time to buy low on Cain in daily fantasy leagues I guess [smile]

Agree. I love Cain. Wish we had him for an entire career. Hope he gets going and last nights game was a good sign to see.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 4:19 PM Post
Brew4U said:
homer said:
Brew4U said:

Agree. I love Cain. Wish we had him for an entire career. Hope he gets going and last nights game was a good sign to see.

Odds are, based on his age, he will get worse each year while Hiura gets better each year. At some point, Hiura bats 1 or 2 and Cain hits 6 or 7. My guess is it will happen in 2021.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 01, 2019, 7:34 AM Post
Here’s what I’d do:

Go with a 12 man staff.

Shaw/Peréz/Braun 1B

Hiura 2B. Arcia SS. Moose 3B

Braun/Gamel. Cain. Yelich

Grandal C

Aguilar Thames pinch hit

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 01, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
^ sounds perfect. Eventually either someone will have to go on the IL or one of Aguilar or Thames will keep performing badly and we'll cut bait

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:09 AM Post
The conversation about moving arcia up in the order needs to start, and so I will start it. Over his last 28 days, he is hitting .321/.409/.519. The issue as I see it, is that he has earned a spot higher up on the order, but there's not much room for him to fit in there. Yelich, moose(assuming he doesn't end up on the IL), and Grandal are pretty much locked into the 2, 4, and 5 spots respectively and huira is thriving in the 6 spot. The 3 hole doesn't really fit him and frankly when braun is hot he belongs there. Braun is ice cold right now and I would be interested in dropping cain to the 3 hole with arcia leading off, but I just don't see braun being dropped in the order. The 7 spot would be ok, but I don't see it as much of a change to be worth risking rocking the boat. So that would leave moving him down to the 9 spot with the pitcher 8. I think this would be the move the has the best chance of actually happening that would be the greatest benefit. Try to get some more runners on base for yelich.

Ultimately I expect nothing to happen, but it would be nice to benefit more from what I think is arcia finding it.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 9:13 AM Post
Hiura batting cleanup today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 2:41 PM Post
I'm not sure where this Braun being ice cold thing is coming from. He's had 4 multi-hit games in his last 7 starts since May 24th. He hasn't hit a homer in awhile, but I didn't really expect him to hit 35 bombs as a non-full time player this year. The microscope on him is ridiculous around here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
I'm not sure where this Braun being ice cold thing is coming from. He's had 4 multi-hit games in his last 7 starts since May 24th. He hasn't hit a homer in awhile, but I didn't really expect him to hit 35 bombs as a non-full time player this year. The microscope on him is ridiculous around here.

Well, Thames has a nearly .400 OBP for the last month and about half the posters here feel like we're in dire need of a 1st base upgrade so.....

Perception is a funny thing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
young guns said:
The conversation about moving arcia up in the order needs to start, and so I will start it. Over his last 28 days, he is hitting .321/.409/.519. The issue as I see it, is that he has earned a spot higher up on the order, but there's not much room for him to fit in there. Yelich, moose(assuming he doesn't end up on the IL), and Grandal are pretty much locked into the 2, 4, and 5 spots respectively and huira is thriving in the 6 spot. The 3 hole doesn't really fit him and frankly when braun is hot he belongs there. Braun is ice cold right now and I would be interested in dropping cain to the 3 hole with arcia leading off, but I just don't see braun being dropped in the order. The 7 spot would be ok, but I don't see it as much of a change to be worth risking rocking the boat. So that would leave moving him down to the 9 spot with the pitcher 8. I think this would be the move the has the best chance of actually happening that would be the greatest benefit. Try to get some more runners on base for yelich.

Ultimately I expect nothing to happen, but it would be nice to benefit more from what I think is arcia finding it.

He completely deserves it but other than batting 1b 8th, what do you do? I can't see his hitting type batting 1st (yet) despite the fact that he's been on at the rate you'd like to see. After that, its hard to move him up in a lineup that can go, Yelich Hiura Moose Braun Grandal. Thames as an 850 OPS shouldn't bat below him. Aguilar is another story.

I can't see Cain jumping out of the 1 spot yet. On the season wide look, Hiura and Arcia are only .018 OBP higher. Cain's been rough this year but I don't think its time yet. Arcia isn't an 8 hitter but this lineup is loaded.

What's exciting is if he can keep around 340-345 OBP there's a future where Arcia Yelich Hiura are hitting 1-2-3 if Cain's defense needs to be hidden further down the order.

Arcia Yelich Hiura Moose Grandal Shaw Cain Gamel would be fun in 2021 and 2022.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:15 PM Post
Oxy said:

Before today, over the past 2 weeks, he was 2 for his last 18(.111) and 7 for his last 32(.219). Small sample sure, but that's what streaks are, clumps of small samples.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
young guns said:
Oxy said:

Before today, over the past 2 weeks, he was 2 for his last 18(.111) and 7 for his last 32(.219). Small sample sure, but that's what streaks are, clumps of small samples.

So, he had 2 bad games on Friday and Saturday, going 0 for 9. Before that he was 2 for 9 in the previous week, and 7 for 21 (.333) in the last 2 weeks. Then he had a couple of hits today.

Again, he had back-to-back bad games-- which will happen about another dozen times this year, and every single time it happens it will be cited, unlike every other player on the roster.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:43 PM Post
I would agree that Braun hasn't been ice cold but if you take a snap shot of the team today...

Cain/Gamel, Yelich, Grandal, Moose, Hiura, Thames, Braun, Arcia should be the lineup... ducks

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply