LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 347 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck

Offline  Re: Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck
Posted: April 28, 2019, 8:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
It appears that Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from his scheduled start today, but it is not for an injury related reason.

His wife gave birth to twins overnight: Twitter Link

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2019, 8:35 AM Post
Eye Black said:
It appears that Jimmy Nelson has been scratched from his scheduled start today, but it is not for an injury related reason.

His wife gave birth to twins overnight: Twitter Link

Atta Boy Jimmy. Spending the rehab term in a good way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
Damn you Mrs Nelson! Why don't you want Jimmy to succeed.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2019, 5:00 PM Post
Jimmy Nelson (elbow) will make his first minor league rehab start at Triple-A San Antonio on Sunday.

Nelson had to take a leave from his minor league rehab program due to the premature birth of his twin daughters, but now that everything is under control, he's back and ready to go. He'll probably need a couple of starts in the minor leagues before he's deemed ready to rejoin the Brewers' rotation -- a return that should happen before the end of the month barring any setbacks.

Source: Tom Haudricourt on Twitter

May 4, 2019, 6:50 PM ET

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2019, 6:23 PM Post
I hope his first game back in the bigs is at home. It would be a very cool home crowd moment when he came to the mound.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
2 2/3 2 hits 3 runs....4 walks 2 KS for Jimmy so far today 64 pitches only 34 strikes

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 2:35 PM Post
Final line 3.1 ip 2 h 4 bb 3 ks
72 pitches 40 strikes 1 hit batter

Long layoff, so not surprised with the lack of control, most of walks came early, got better as the game went on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
72 pitches. That's what I'm happiest with. The control will come. Assuming his velocity is in the ballpark, and his arm is none the worse for wear, that's a positive trip to the mound, imho.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2019, 5:26 AM Post
Nelson up to 94 in yesterday’s game. Thinking the more he pitches can bump that up a tick or two.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2019, 6:36 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Nelson up to 94 in yesterday’s game. Thinking the more he pitches can bump that up a tick or two.

Yes, extremely positive step. He's on pace to make a couple more starts at the AAA level, then be up at the end of May/early June. A little later than I had originally hoped, but certainly not worrisome. I'm not looking for him to come back and immediately be 2017 Jimmy, but even if he can come in and provide Gio-like lines of 5 IP, 2-3 ER, I'll take it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 07, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
Per Stearns on Jimmy’s status: “He’s probably got a couple more (starts) to go before we can realistically start talking about him here in Milwaukee . . . we think he can be a real benefit to our rotation . . . we’re looking forward to getting him back here hopefully over the next month”.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 11, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
Jimmy is through 5 innings and still pitching

2 runs in the first but nothing since......0 walks 5 ks so far

Running into some trouble in the 6 TH but I like that they are stretching him out

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 11, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
Final line of 5.1 IP / 3 R / 5 H / 1 BB / 5 K / 84 pitches, 54 strikes

2 solo shots in the first, only one hit allowed in innings 2-5. Pretty positive for only his second appearance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 11, 2019, 7:31 PM Post
He’s stretched enough to go 90-100 pitches in his next outing. Is it gonna be in AAA or phillie or Atlanta?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 12:47 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
He’s stretched enough to go 90-100 pitches in his next outing. Is it gonna be in AAA or phillie or Atlanta?

I can't see anyway his next start isn't in AAA. They are not in a rush to bring him up with the rotation stabilizing. If he could replace shaw then maybe

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 1:30 PM Post
I think he gets at least one or two more starts in AAA. There is really no room for him right now with everyone in the rotation currently pitching terrific. Anderson will be back soon as well. It is a great situation to be in for sure.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 1:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I think he gets at least one or two more starts in AAA. There is really no room for him right now with everyone in the rotation currently pitching terrific. Anderson will be back soon as well. It is a great situation to be in for sure.

well, they're definitely stretching him out to start, so that muddles the picture up. We'll see how things shake out. Like you said, good situation to be in. I'd be happy if Jimmy comes back and is just effective. Not counting on "ace" Jimmy, just effective Jimmy would be nice.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 2:41 PM Post
So another 6 days between starts for jimmy. Wondering now, when he’s promoted to the big club, if that will continue, 6 days between, 6 man starting staff? Or back to 5 days with the 5 man?.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 49216?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2019, 8:28 PM Post
jjfanec said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I can't see anyway his next start isn't in AAA. They are not in a rush to bring him up with the rotation stabilizing. If he could replace shaw then maybe

If Nelson comes back he'd replace one of the 13 pitchers (Houser-Smith-Hart). Shaw is so screwed up now he needs a trip to AAA to get back on track. I don't know if he would balk at the idea, or if Stearns would even consider it. They know he has to do something! Right now he is as easy an out as most pitchers.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 347 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply