LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next  [ 449 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck

Offline  Re: Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck
Posted: May 18, 2019, 11:04 AM Post
Great in depth interview with Jimmy after last nights start

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2882823645275168&_rdr

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2019, 4:20 PM Post
https://twitter.com/todd_rosiak/status/ ... 35073?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Jimmy Nelson update from On Deck
Posted: May 18, 2019, 4:47 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
JohnBriggs12 said:
With Anderson taking the start Saturday, and maybe one more, then the logical move would be Anderson to the pen and Nelson taking his rotation spot in Pittsburgh series May 31-June 2. Burnes and Peralta clearly need work in AAA.

I think it really depends on how Anderson does. He stunk coming out of the pen early this year. 10 IPs - 11 hits - 5 ERs - 4 BBs.
He can be a very effective starter if he can keep the ball in the park. IF he pitches well today it will be a good situation to have for CC.

When Nelson returns, it will be either Anderson or Chacín to the pen. Both gonna get a start or two before, if both pitch well I’d say 75/25 Anderson to the pen, mostly because he’s been there already this year, and adjusted well.

Burnes and Peralta should pitch out of the pen. Peralta in the 2-4 inning role and Burnes in high leverage only, pressure packed situations he obviously relishes. Barring catastrophic injuries, neither is pitching out of the rotation anymore this year, but both can help strengthen the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 4:20 PM Post
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/jimmy-nelson-nearing-return.html

One more rehab start, then activated. Nelson, Davies, Woodruff, Gonzalez, Chacin I would think becomes the rotation. Pretty solid.

I would guess Burnes goes down but does Peralta stay in the bullpen, or does he go to AAA to keep stretched out?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 4:27 PM Post
Chacin has been effective outside of two starts, both of which are pretty far in the rear view mirror. I guess his last wasn’t that great, but hardly a disaster.

Anderson will be back in the rotation soon enough. I don’t think there is any chance he would take Chacin’s spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 4:29 PM Post
It's hard for me to see why Chase Anderson shouldn't keep a spot in this rotation regardless of what else they do. Davies, Woodruff, and Gio are certainly locks to keep starting at the moment, so you have 2 spots between Anderson, Nelson and Chacin. Peralta just isn't going to win the numbers game and probably heads down to stay stretched out.

Chacin hasn't had a great season, but he's got leash after last year. I wouldn't be opposed to a 6 man rotation, or even Nelson in the pen. But I really don't want to see Chase go back to the pen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 19, 2019, 4:36 PM Post
LouisEly said:
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/05/jimmy-nelson-nearing-return.html

One more rehab start, then activated. Nelson, Davies, Woodruff, Gonzalez, Chacin I would think becomes the rotation. Pretty solid.

I would guess Burnes goes down but does Peralta stay in the bullpen, or does he go to AAA to keep stretched out?

My guess/Hope is houser not Burnes to AAA. If not houser then it’s Peralta. CC said Burnes will be given another chance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2019, 7:34 PM Post
Jimmy looks ready

https://twitter.com/briggsmissions/stat ... 74816?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
markedman5 said:

It’s been 622 days since he last threw a pitch in the big leagues, so yeah, I’d say he’s ready.

Is it gonna be tue night in Minnesota or Thur in Pittsburgh?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
He gave up 4 runs in the 5th........

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
markedman5 said:
He gave up 4 runs in the 5th........

AS long as the stuff looked good, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2019, 9:46 PM Post
One more rehab start on the 28th and away we go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 6:35 AM Post
TJseven7 said:

Stearns said yesterday morning that last night was his final rehab start, that they would huddle today and decide what to do with jimmy. Reading between the lines, maybe some in the organization think bullpen, others, the rotation. I believe it’s the rotation, with Chacín or Anderson to the pen. maybe they want to see Anderson start one more time before they decide who to the pen?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 6:45 AM Post

Roster Guru
Brew crew 92 said:
Is it gonna be tue night in Minnesota or Thur in Pittsburgh?

advantage to tuesday: he doesn't have to hit or run the bases in minneapolis. given that his injury occurred after putting the ball in play, the club should give him a bye on that aspect of the game and just allow him to focus on his pitching.

also, allows the club to boost his confidence and give him a longer leash by not having to pull him for a pinch hitter because of a scoring opportunity.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 7:16 AM Post
If they opt to start Nelson Tuesday they should just put Chacin or Anderson in the bullpen starting today and move everybody up a day since they have had all these off days. Could afford to bring up another position player and dropping a pitcher the next few games too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 10:00 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
TJseven7 said:

Stearns said yesterday morning that last night was his final rehab start, that they would huddle today and decide what to do with jimmy. Reading between the lines, maybe some in the organization think bullpen, others, the rotation. I believe it’s the rotation, with Chacín or Anderson to the pen. maybe they want to see Anderson start one more time before they decide who to the pen?

CC said it will be in the rotation when he is ready...........they want him to be in a routine.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
Jimmy optioned to AAA

https://twitter.com/brewers/status/1132 ... 83877?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 2:41 PM Post
markedman5 said:

That's interesting. Don't know who he replaces in the current rotation that makes a whole lot of sense. Not a bad move to delay that decision by at least another 10 days.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 2:46 PM Post
markedman5 said:

Well now I know why they have him on 5 days rest between starts, must have planned this all along, to slowly go to 4 days for a certain number of starts before bringing him up to the big club.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
Is there any service time manipulation reasons for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next  [ 449 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply