LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

To Extend or Not Extend: Jeremy Jeffress

Offline  Re: To Extend or Not Extend: Jeremy Jeffress

Posted: March 26, 2019, 8:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
phnxcrew said:
MrTPlush said:
How is it a low blow to mention the drug problems? I don’t care what drug or why. Last I checked the suspension punishment didn’t change for marijuana. Not sure what his next positive test would put him at. If I recall the previous times were in the minors....does it reset in the MLB?

Regardless it is a past problem one would have to consider.

Oh boy the original arguments here.... Jeffress is horrible for being a pothead. Braun terrible for steroids... who cares? Get off your high horse. If you haven't smoked weed before, I feel bad for you. I wish him a speedy recovery and a long, lucrative contract. Marijuana has so many potential positives that the older generation keeps denying. I'll stop there.

I'm not sure a single person called Jeffress a horrible person (or even subtly hinted at it), so I'm not sure what you're getting at. I think some people weren't sure if his MiLB suspensions carried over (which is a valid concern.

Should pot be illegal? Should MLB test for it? Those are arguments for a different forum. The reality is that MLB does test for that substance if they feel it's warranted, and that's the rules. It's a valid question to bring up for those that may not be 100% aware of how the rules work, and absolutely nobody said that he's a horrible person, or questioned anything other than how his past may potentially put him at risk of being on the field. I think that's valid, and those questions have been answered.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 8:49 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Just curious when we get more info on jj, would think he had another pen. Is he in Arizona? With the team? I’m sure brewers have the gun readings and have a good idea what to do next.

JJ's agent posted this over in the minor league thread on Sunday:

agent39
Rehab moved up 2 days. Throwing in an extended game 29th. Them well see. Fyi guys

Thanks for the info! Guess we’ll know a little more Friday eve then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
At this point I would t do anything with Jeffress. He has arm questions right now that may be minor and really just a case of a tired arm or it could be the beginning of something major. The good thing is the Brewers don’t have to make a decision on their future with him until the end of the season.
Pitchers are difficult to bet on long term and if teams can maintain control of pitchers with short term contracts it’s definitely to the teams benefit.
I think Jeffress truly feels at home pitching for the Brewers. Of course as fans we always want to think that about players who play for our favorite teams, but with Jeffress I really think it’s true. He hasn’t pitched well for any other team he’s been a part of and was even traded back to the Brewers from Texas. I think this benefits the Brewers when it comes to negotiating in the future.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 31, 2019, 11:10 AM Post
Has anybody heard how his sim game went yesterday?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 31, 2019, 11:13 AM Post
@AdamMcCalvy

Jeremy Jeffress’ inning went as planned yesterday in Phoenix, per CC. He’ll pitch again in some kind of camp game Tuesday, then (if that goes well) get a taste of the real thing at Triple-A San Antonio at the end of the week. Progress.

McCalvy followed up by saying that while they didn't get velocity readings, they must have been fine, or they wouldn't be letting him throw.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 31, 2019, 11:44 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
@AdamMcCalvy

Jeremy Jeffress’ inning went as planned yesterday in Phoenix, per CC. He’ll pitch again in some kind of camp game Tuesday, then (if that goes well) get a taste of the real thing at Triple-A San Antonio at the end of the week. Progress.

McCalvy followed up by saying that while they didn't get velocity readings, they must have been fine, or they wouldn't be letting him throw.

Thanks for posting that!

I think it’s safe to assume jj gonna be back now, maybe as soon as 3rd week of April. Hope he can still get it up to 96-97.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 31, 2019, 11:46 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
@AdamMcCalvy

Thanks for posting that!

I think it’s safe to assume jj gonna be back now, maybe as soon as 3rd week of April. Hope he can still get it up to 96-97.

Probably safe to assume that he won't be back if he's not.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 5:34 AM Post
Any word on jeffress and when he starting rehab with San Antonio?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 5:36 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

He's slated to pitch for the Missions today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 5:49 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

He's slated to pitch for the Missions today.

Thanks for the update.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 6:16 AM Post
After listening to Jeffress’s interview with bill michaels, I’m not too optimistic regarding jj. Not too difficult to read between the lines:

Velo down
Not sure when he’ll be back
Not enough time in offseason for his arm to rest.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 6:35 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
After listening to Jeffress’s interview with bill michaels, I’m not too optimistic regarding jj. Not too difficult to read between the lines:

Velo down

If he takes a little longer, fine. You make due ... just as they have. Houser was terrific last night in his first AAA start, and has lined himself up to make an impact either in the rotation or the pen later. Another power arm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 6:47 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Velo down

If he takes a little longer, fine. You make due ... just as they have. Houser was terrific last night in his first AAA start, and has lined himself up to make an impact either in the rotation or the pen later. Another power arm.

Agree, make due it will have to be. Gonna be tough for stearns to get high leverage arm by trade this early in season. Kimbrel ain’t happinin. We have good arms waiting down below, gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2019, 6:33 AM Post
Missions manager sweet said low 90s, so gonna guesstimate 90-92. Hopefully over time he can bump it back up to 94-97. This bullpen could sure use a strong jj.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2019, 6:57 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Missions manager sweet said low 90s, so gonna guesstimate 90-92. Hopefully over time he can bump it back up to 94-97. This bullpen could sure use a strong jj.

That's a heck of a lot better than 84. Great first step in his first appearance on a rehab assignment. This is basically his spring training, so it makes pretty perfect sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2019, 3:11 PM Post
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 82501?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2019, 4:36 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/1114634496408682501?s=21

Must be coming along as they had hoped.

The bullpen is not our weakness, that starting pitching is. Till it proves otherwise, on paper, it’s a pretty bad group.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2019, 8:45 PM Post
90-91 means he’s not ok. Counsell said expect to see him in Milwaukee on this coming homestand?!?!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2019, 8:46 PM Post
I fully expect him to blow a couple of games for us early on in his return... Hopefully, I am wrong.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2019, 9:00 PM Post
https://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx ... min=&ymax=

Looking at his velocities from April last year, I don't think its too concerning. Maybe a tick or two slower this year, but he had a full spring last year too.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply