LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers sign Brett Lawrie? [Latest: Brewers Release Lawrie]

Offline  Re: Brewers sign Brett Lawrie? [Yes - MiLB deal w 2020 club option - see post #7]
Posted: February 24, 2019, 9:10 PM Post
Ok, this is just weird now. I was in favor of this signing but Lawrie's inability to do any baseball activities does not bode well for the future.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers sign Brett Lawrie? [Yes - MiLB deal w 2020 club option - see post #7]
Posted: February 24, 2019, 9:24 PM Post
Lets see what happens down the road.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2019, 1:21 PM Post
Interesting that there is an option for next year, does that imply he would have to be on the 40 man roster for the team to exercise its option? It seems that if they could exercise their option for 2020 without adding Lawrie to the 40 man roster he would be Rule 5 eligible?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2019, 4:17 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Interesting that there is an option for next year, does that imply he would have to be on the 40 man roster for the team to exercise its option? It seems that if they could exercise their option for 2020 without adding Lawrie to the 40 man roster he would be Rule 5 eligible?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to be on the 40 man for the team to exercise the option. I would guess he would be eligible for the Rule 5 which certainly makes that an interesting situation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2019, 6:51 PM Post
I really like the Brewers approach with him. It’s Stearns and his team thinking outside the box. Taking a long term flyer on an interesting player. I like the medical/science based strategy and hope it’s successful enough to help others with extensive injury histories.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 18, 2019, 9:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think this was also mentioned in the minor league transaction thread, but since we had 100+ posts on the subject in this thread we will note it here...

Brewers Release Brett Lawrie

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers sign Brett Lawrie? [Yes - MiLB deal w 2020 club option - see post #7]
Posted: June 20, 2019, 3:09 PM Post
Eye Black said:
I think this was also mentioned in the minor league transaction thread, but since we had 100+ posts on the subject in this thread we will note it here...

Brewers Release Brett Lawrie

This is too bad. Lawrie seems like his issues are more than just physical. It's a shame. I thought he was going to be a helluva baseball player for a long time. I pretty much thought he was a more athletic version of Keston with an inferior hit tool, but a better arm and more versatility.

But he doesn't sound well.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers sign Brett Lawrie?
Posted: June 21, 2019, 12:30 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
owbc said:
I hope it works out of course but I predict he will be released without ever seeing the big league club.

Let it be known that I got at least one prediction right after 15+ years on this forum!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers sign Brett Lawrie?
Posted: June 21, 2019, 6:43 AM Post
owbc said:
owbc said:
I hope it works out of course but I predict he will be released without ever seeing the big league club.

Let it be known that I got at least one prediction right after 15+ years on this forum!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply