LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Primary Logo

Author Message
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#21

Posted: March 01, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
Posts: 10041
A little unrelated, but can someone explain why a team from Milwaukee would serve this raw baby brat looking thing.

https://twitter.com/dustpan1084/status/ ... 7158971395


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Primary Logo
#22

Posted: March 01, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5803
MrTPlush said:
A little unrelated, but can someone explain why a team from Milwaukee would serve this raw baby brat looking thing.

https://twitter.com/dustpan1084/status/ ... 7158971395


That is ... nightmare fuel.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#23

Posted: March 01, 2019, 4:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 343
jerichoholicninja said:
I posted in the name change thread that there's al lot of red in Maryvale, so I could see that being used as an accent color. And the typeface on everything there is much better than what they are currently using. Having said that, Barrelman or bust. There is no other option.


I’m pretty sure red was already an accent color for the Brewers due to the stitching on the baseball on the Brewers script logo. That might have changed when they made the M logo the official logo prior to last year.


Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#24

Posted: March 01, 2019, 4:30 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8128
areacodes said:
jerichoholicninja said:
I posted in the name change thread that there's al lot of red in Maryvale, so I could see that being used as an accent color. And the typeface on everything there is much better than what they are currently using. Having said that, Barrelman or bust. There is no other option.


I’m pretty sure red was already an accent color for the Brewers due to the stitching on the baseball on the Brewers script logo. That might have changed when they made the M logo the official logo prior to last year.


Image


I don't know if I would count that as an accent color. I thought I remember there being a lot of red used in graphics and things right after Miller Park opened. I could be wrong though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#25

Posted: March 01, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 343
jerichoholicninja said:

I don't know if I would count that as an accent color. I thought I remember there being a lot of red used in graphics and things right after Miller Park opened. I could be wrong though.


I’m pretty sure it was listed as an official accent color because of that... brick red IIRC.

Not sure I’d personally count it as an accent color either though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#26

Posted: March 01, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18079
I think everybody is reading way too much into this. From the font to the red being used, it is a desert after all and they probably want it to blend in.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#27

Posted: March 01, 2019, 7:43 PM Post
Posts: 10041
trwi7 said:
I think everybody is reading way too much into this. From the font to the red being used, it is a desert after all and they probably want it to blend in.


Yah if we are talking about the red that is on the names/numbers going up to the front of the stadium that is 110% just to blend in with the Arizona theme.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#28

Posted: March 01, 2019, 11:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3136
Location: California
trwi7 said:
I think everybody is reading way too much into this. From the font to the red being used, it is a desert after all and they probably want it to blend in.

The font of numbers on the historical jersey wall is not in the public eye. I doubt they are trying to fit a desert motif behind closed doors. It makes zero sense for those not to be in the current number font i.e. Times New Roman


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#29

Posted: March 02, 2019, 6:15 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4818
MrTPlush said:
It is going to happen, the writing is on the wall. The tarp over the sign in Maryville and the fact the BIG is already used on everything. They are just waiting for the big rebrand. Whether that be with the UA jerseys or when the stadium name changes. Changing the logo away from the Miller “M” also means changing the script on the front of the uniforms...it’s nuch more than a different logo slapped on. They have essentially already changed the primary logo.

The BIG logo is going to be the primary logo soon. Everyone will rejoice. If I am wrong I’d be shocked. Seems to be quite obvious.

Regarding the “tarp over the sign” (pictured below), I’ve assumed that was a placeholder for where they were going to eventually place the American Family Fields of Phoenix logo.

Image


It is interesting in looking at all of the other pictures across the facility there are very few uses of any of the Brewers logos anywhere to be seen. I can’t remember seeing a team specific facility unveiled with less use of the team’s logo. Throughout all of the photos of the locker room, weight room, sports medicine areas, training facilities, hallways, team store, etc., there are almost no Brewers logos. I see one in the weight room and one on the wall before they step foot on the field.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#30

Posted: March 02, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13898
Location: Wisconsin
FVBrewerFan said:
They're working on a new logo for 2020 to tie in American Family. This one isn't final, just first pass:

Image


Well, we definitely need one more mascot to go with the eight others we already have (the five racing sausages, Bernie, Hank, and Barrelman).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#31

Posted: March 02, 2019, 10:37 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9111
Invader3K said:

Well, we definitely need one more mascot to go with the eight others we already have (the five racing sausages, Bernie, Hank, and Barrelman).


Bring back Bonnie Brewer!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#32

Posted: March 03, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
Posts: 107
I’d like MLB to do what they do in the European football leagues. Come out with a new outfit design every year. It’s always fun, an anticipatory event that gets everyone’s attention. Over the years some of the better ones become coveted. Plus it’s an interesting way to Mark time—old school vs. new school kinda thing. Jersey/logo design should be fun and exciting.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#33

Posted: March 03, 2019, 10:21 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2285
I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in. I think the red is to fit the branding of spring training, nothing else. Also, does the M logo with the barley really have anything to do with Miller? The team’s name is the BREWERS. I think the logo is 100% because of the team’s name and not because of the stadium sponsor.

I think ball and glove is here to stay, both the throw back and the version with current colors. I like when teams have their alternate hat that fits the color scheme and therefore allows them different uniform options (like Bal and Cle). As suggested by an earlier poster, I’d love to see the pin stripes in navy. Could be awesome!

My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#34

Posted: March 03, 2019, 10:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1350
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Eye Black said:
MrTPlush said:
It is going to happen, the writing is on the wall. The tarp over the sign in Maryville and the fact the BIG is already used on everything. They are just waiting for the big rebrand. Whether that be with the UA jerseys or when the stadium name changes. Changing the logo away from the Miller “M” also means changing the script on the front of the uniforms...it’s nuch more than a different logo slapped on. They have essentially already changed the primary logo.

The BIG logo is going to be the primary logo soon. Everyone will rejoice. If I am wrong I’d be shocked. Seems to be quite obvious.

Regarding the “tarp over the sign” (pictured below), I’ve assumed that was a placeholder for where they were going to eventually place the American Family Fields of Phoenix logo.

Image


It is interesting in looking at all of the other pictures across the facility there are very few uses of any of the Brewers logos anywhere to be seen. I can’t remember seeing a team specific facility unveiled with less use of the team’s logo. Throughout all of the photos of the locker room, weight room, sports medicine areas, training facilities, hallways, team store, etc., there are almost no Brewers logos. I see one in the weight room and one on the wall before they step foot on the field.


I wish the Crew had spring training here in FL so I could see them a couple of times.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#35

Posted: March 04, 2019, 3:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3136
Location: California
RobDeer 45 said:
I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in.

Could very well be. If this is truly much ado about nothing, I will still find it odd that the historical jersey number wall doesn't use the current Brewers Times New Roman font. To me, that is the biggest hint of all of an upcoming change.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#36

Posted: March 04, 2019, 5:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9111
Clemente’s Dream said:
I’d like MLB to do what they do in the European football leagues. Come out with a new outfit design every year. It’s always fun, an anticipatory event that gets everyone’s attention. Over the years some of the better ones become coveted. Plus it’s an interesting way to Mark time—old school vs. new school kinda thing. Jersey/logo design should be fun and exciting.


outfit?

[laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#37

Posted: March 04, 2019, 7:24 PM Post
Posts: 107
Yeah, I’d love to see them in a skimpy little thing!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#38

Posted: March 05, 2019, 10:05 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2285
Warning Track Power said:
RobDeer 45 said:
I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in.

Could very well be. If this is truly much ado about nothing, I will still find it odd that the historical jersey number wall doesn't use the current Brewers Times New Roman font. To me, that is the biggest hint of all of an upcoming change.


I do think there could be a new uniform coming soon. I just don't know if there are "hints" everywhere as to what it will be. Maybe that will be the font on the jersey. I just hope they stay in the general universe of their retro ball and glove stuff and their current scheme. I don't think they need anything major, just some tweaking.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#39

Posted: March 05, 2019, 12:39 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13898
Location: Wisconsin
"My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it."

Agreed! Those were awesome jerseys. I would buy a replica one that isn't insanely expensive.

As far as the primary logo, I used to firmly be in the camp that the ball & glove logo should mostly be left in the past, and that the current logo is a good one. I am starting to soften my viewpoint, and I think bringing back the ball & glove logo in the next season or two could be a good idea. The current logo has had a good run, and could still be used in a secondary setting.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo
#40

Posted: March 05, 2019, 1:32 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 5726
Invader3K said:
"My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it."

Agreed! Those were awesome jerseys. I would buy a replica one that isn't insanely expensive.

As far as the primary logo, I used to firmly be in the camp that the ball & glove logo should mostly be left in the past, and that the current logo is a good one. I am starting to soften my viewpoint, and I think bringing back the ball & glove logo in the next season or two could be a good idea. The current logo has had a good run, and could still be used in a secondary setting.


I used to prefer the new logo but after 20 years it is starting to feel dated. The ball & glove is my preference moving forward, with heavy use of alternatives to keep things interesting. I do not want to see a full-time return to 80s colors or uniforms...those should be for retro night only. The ball & glove looks great with navy and gold.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KeithStone53151, Moose, RoCoBrewfan, Roderick, zagski6 and 9 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test