LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Primary Logo

Offline  Re: Primary Logo

Posted: March 05, 2019, 2:46 PM Post
The Brewers need to contact the Astros and Blue Jays and figure out how to modernize the ball and glove. As a logo it's fine (I don't love it as much as most everyone else does) but it just screams 80's to me. Even when used in the current colors it doesn't seem very "in the times" to me. Figure out something to freshen up the uniforms and branding of the team while maintaining the feel of the ball and glove like those two teams did with their old logos.

I haven't seen many people calling for a total remake but I really like what the Bucks did a few years ago. Everything about their logo and colors feels very modern and old at the same time. I'd love for the Brewers to do something like that. Not straight up copy it but follow a similar path.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Primary Logo

Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:09 PM Post
I love what they are doing now with the updated ball and glove color scheme. Ball and glove logo on the navy looks great, and UNDATED imo...

Change just for the sake of change sucks.

Leave it as is and build up some recognition, rather than changing the unis every single year.

I hate the fact that the Bucks have so many unis during the course of the season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:15 PM Post
I really question anyone that says they don't like the B&G. Like they're trying to be contrarian. If you don't like that I don't know what your appreciation for design/art can be. It's simply the most ingenious logo in any sport. I don't think any are even close. It was stupid of the team to ever move away from it.

I'd rather the Packers move away from 70s green and mustard yellow (I know it'll never happen) than to see the Brewers drop that logo.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
turborickey said:
I love what they are doing now with the updated ball and glove color scheme. Ball and glove logo on the navy looks great, and UNDATED imo...

Change just for the sake of change sucks.

Leave it as is and build up some recognition, rather than changing the unis every single year.

I hate the fact that the Bucks have so many unis during the course of the season.

Agree but I think that's more of a merchandising thing. NBA jerseys are a fashion statement in a lot of demographic groups, MLB jerseys far less so.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Agree but I think that's more of a merchandising thing. NBA jerseys are a fashion statement in a lot of demographic groups, MLB jerseys far less so.

Although baseball caps - far more so.

I don’t really have any further point here...just saying.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 6:37 AM Post

GIF Master
jerichoholicninja said:
The Brewers need to contact the Astros and Blue Jays and figure out how to modernize the ball and glove.

That would be worse than the Motre Bame logo. If they ever go back to the ball and glove for good, just go back to the ball and glove. Changing it in any way (aside from the color shades) would be a huge mistake. "Hey everyone, we LOVE the classic logo, but since we want to do our own thing, have our "own identity," we're going to make some pointless change that will make everyone wonder what we were thinking every time they see our logo!"

The ball and glove is one of the best - arguably THE best - logo in the history of American sports. I'm not saying this because I'm a Brewers fan. It's the perfect combination of creative, simple, and identifiable. There is absolutely no mistaking what team it represents. I would guess that at least 90 percent of sports fans, if you asked them about the logo, would respond that it's fantastic. There was absolutely no reason to change it way back when.

Changing the logo was simply change for the sake of change and was a colossal marketing flub.

EDIT: (I also kind of like that it's a "happy" logo - enough of this "let's look tough" try-hard crap)

EDIT 2: To an earlier post...changing "kits" (or "outfits") every season? Wow, is that a bad idea.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 6:44 AM Post
Global Moderator
I agree, stay with the modern colors, other than certain "retro" games.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 8:14 AM Post
I all in for the Ball and Glove Logo

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 1:49 PM Post
It looks like we will be due for some big upgrades along with what is likely to be a revamp of uniforms/logo:

"A “master plan” for the reserve fund pledges separate $6 million contributions for scoreboard improvements in 2020 and 2030, and $2 million for new seating in 2021."

https://www.milwaukeemag.com/insidethemillerparktax

So looks like we are getting a new scoreboard next year. If I remember right the last scoreboard debuted in 2011 and judging by the every ten years mentioned above 2021 might be the debut season of said scoreboard. The seats also are due for replacement!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 2:20 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I really question anyone that says they don't like the B&G. Like they're trying to be contrarian. If you don't like that I don't know what your appreciation for design/art can be. It's simply the most ingenious logo in any sport. I don't think any are even close. It was stupid of the team to ever move away from it.

I'd rather the Packers move away from 70s green and mustard yellow (I know it'll never happen) than to see the Brewers drop that logo.

I don't like it. Build something now instead of living in the past. If this team wasn't dog crap for 25 years, nobody would be as vocal about bringing the logo back but since it was the logo when the Brewers had their first (and basically only) success until recently, people seem attached to it. Cut the cord.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 2:36 PM Post
trwi7 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I don't like it. Build something now instead of living in the past. If this team wasn't dog crap for 25 years, nobody would be as vocal about bringing the logo back but since it was the logo when the Brewers had their first (and basically only) success until recently, people seem attached to it. Cut the cord.

Good designs/logos are timeless. See Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Dodgers, Royals, Nationals, Mets, Cardinals, and Giants, to name a few.

I don't see using the ball and glove logo as a "hey the Brewers were good in 1982 so let's be like that again," but rather it's using a really cool and unique logo that should be readopted and then left alone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
trwi7 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I disagree. I'd love that logo whether they were trash or world beaters. Incorporating M and B together to form a ball and glove was an ingenious design and the fact that young/new fans still figure out the hidden meaning of the logo every year is cool. The Packers have an iconic logo and a rich history but that B&G logo blows it away in terms or ingenuity and creativity.

The logos since then have no personality. Just generic agency creations that I could make with 10 minutes in photoshop.

Celebrating the '82 team so often annoys me, but the logo doesn't. I never associated it with winning anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:30 PM Post
trwi7 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I wasn't alive in the era you speak of and love the logo. So no, you are wrong. It also seems strange why it is considered one of the best logos ever by people that care nothing about the Brewers, present or past if your statement is right.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:44 PM Post
I have a lot of friends around the country who are fans of other teams, and their appreciation of the Brewers' ball and glove logo is pretty much unanimous. It's a fantastic logo, period. They should've never gotten rid of it in the first place.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 3:58 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
I have a lot of friends around the country who are fans of other teams, and their appreciation of the Brewers' ball and glove logo is pretty much unanimous. It's a fantastic logo, period. They should've never gotten rid of it in the first place.

Yep. If they didn't switch to the hideous MB logo in 1994, it wouldn't be a "thing". But the mid-90s was when MLB merchandising was really starting to take off, and the Brewers were trying to capitalize. That logo was so, so bad, though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 4:04 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
That logo was so, so bad, though.

That green...just wow...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 4:32 PM Post
trwi7 said:

This opinion is so tired. Placing everyone into one category because it fits your perspective about why people like it is incredibly narrow-minded.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 06, 2019, 4:59 PM Post
False.

I don't like it because it has anything to do with the 82 team. The 82 team just happened to have that logo.

I love the logo because it's brilliant, and classic.

I'd be happy if they used it forever!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 3:49 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
trwi7 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

100% not true for me. I think it's a great logo because I think it's a great logo. No connection to their W-L record at any point.

I also love the white with blue pinstripes, & agree with others about the road grays with script Milwaukee being awesome. I just think they had the logo & uniform look & feel nailed during those years.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 11:42 PM Post
I prefer the current "official" (primary) uniforms & logos, but I at least like the MB/ball-glove logo in navy. However, I HATE the yellow and would far prefer it be gold with the rest of the current color scheme.

I loved the ball-glove logo at the time and still do. Royal blue & yellow? To me it's still nearly as tired now as it was then. Leave those colors on the retro uniform, which is the only place I feel they belong. The yellow on the navy-yellow uniforms & caps is just obnoxious to me. . . . Other than the official navy-yellow ball-glove cap (which I bought because I always buy the official cap when a new one comes out), I won't buy any merchandise with the navy-yellow scheme. I really don't like it. But I'd buy ball-glove stuff if it were navy & gold.

The Motre Bame logo was a noble attempt that was ultimately not so ideal in its execution. Those uniforms & the then-new color scheme were super cool at the time, and the green as a trim color was fresh. Lots of teams also introduced new colors into their looks in that phase/era of new uniforms. . . . Folks now love to rip those uniforms. At the time (going into the '94 season), when so many other teams were modernizing their previously-dated looks, I was so glad the Brewers were finally doing the same -- and weren't last in doing so. Keep in mind that it was another decade or more before "retro" really started to become "in" -- NEW was everything to most teams.

Last edited by MNBrew on March 09, 2019, 5:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply