LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Primary Logo

Online  Re: Primary Logo

Posted: March 08, 2019, 1:49 PM Post
I’ve always been a big fan of the Ball & Glove/MB logo and I think they did a good job of updating the logo by changing the blue to navy blue. There is nothing worse than the Brewers uniform change of 1994. I’ve never owned Brewers gear from those years and never will

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Primary Logo

Posted: March 08, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
trwi7 said:
I don't like it. Build something now instead of living in the past. If this team wasn't dog crap for 25 years, nobody would be as vocal about bringing the logo back but since it was the logo when the Brewers had their first (and basically only) success until recently, people seem attached to it. Cut the cord.

I wasn’t alive in 1982, and have absolutely zero emotional connection to the 1982 team.

I like the ball-in-glove log because it is perfect, with a legitimate argument for the best logo in all of sports history.

Also because our other current logo is, at best...ok.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2019, 2:43 PM Post

GIF Master
MNBrew said:
The Motre Bame logo was a noble attempt that was ultimately not so ideal in its execution.

Those uniforms & the then-new color scheme were super cool at the time,

and the green as a trim color was fresh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 09, 2019, 5:28 PM Post
You're entitled to your opinions. Not everyone thinks the same way.

How old were you when those new uniforms were unveiled in January '94? How well do you remember the uniform trends happening at that time? Or are you young enough that your lens is only hindsight?

I was there at Brewers Fest (or whatever the name was at the time) when those uniforms were unveiled. Fan reaction was very positive. New merchandise was being sold very quickly.

I still loved the MB/ball-glove logo and I wasn't thrilled they were ditching it. But I liked what they came up with at the time. The '97 revisions were solid enough, toned down in terms of the design (size of the first & last letters on the front of the jersey; and the M was simplified on the cap), and pretty much removed the green except as a subtle trim color that wasn't really present on the jerseys anymore. The net of that seemed like change for change's sake and the results were fine even if a little bland.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2019, 10:25 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
MNBrew said:

How old were you when those new uniforms were unveiled in January '94? How well do you remember the uniform trends happening at that time? Or are you young enough that your lens is only hindsight?

I was there at Brewers Fest (or whatever the name was at the time) when those uniforms were unveiled. Fan reaction was very positive. New merchandise was being sold very quickly.

I still loved the MB/ball-glove logo and I wasn't thrilled they were ditching it. But I liked what they came up with at the time. The '97 revisions were solid enough, toned down in terms of the design (size of the first & last letters on the front of the jersey; and the M was simplified on the cap), and pretty much removed the green except as a subtle trim color that wasn't really present on the jerseys anymore. The net of that seemed like change for change's sake and the results were fine even if a little bland.

I remember that logo launch very well, and remember hating it. This is 100% anecdotal, but I also can't remember one person I knew that liked the new logo. That was a terrible decision by the franchise imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 1:08 AM Post
MNBrew said:

I was 24. I threw up in my mouth when those uni's were introduced. They were horrible then and now. I can honestly say I did not buy one single Brewers item with that logo. Not one. Hideous.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 4:42 AM Post
I am going to get torched for this, but I think the ball and glove logo is one of the most overrated logos in sports..

I apologize in advance for holding this minority opinion.

I think the M with the wheat is perfect. Leave it as is with the ball and glove sprinkled in in both navy and royal blue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
StCroixCtyBrewer said:
I am going to get torched for this, but I think the ball and glove logo is one of the most overrated logos in sports..

I think the M with the wheat is perfect. Leave it as is with the ball and glove sprinkled in in both navy and royal blue

While I disagree with your opinion on the ball and glove logo, I agree to an extent with your opinion of the M with barley. If not for the existence of the ball and glove, I would be very content with the M with barley, as I have grown quite fond of it. My issue with the M with barley has always been the uniform and the script used that says "Brewers" or "Milwaukee" and the use of Times New Roman for the name/number font. The uniforms need a serious adjustment if the M with barley is to remain the primary logo in the future.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 5:31 PM Post
As a side note, I went to Friday's game between the Brewers and the Diamondbacks. What was speculated about the M with barley tarp being temporary was correct. Now there is a American Family Fields of Phoenix tarp at that location. Only question I have...Why the tarp?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
As a side note, I went to Friday's game between the Brewers and the Diamondbacks. What was speculated about the M with barley tarp being temporary was correct. Now there is a American Family Fields of Phoenix tarp at that location. Only question I have...Why the tarp?

That's interesting they replaced a tarp with another tarp. Obviously that means the signage is temporary but why and what else would they put there?

It also probably gives you a little bit of a preview of what the new big league stadium logo will look like.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 6:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Could it just be that the deal with American Family was finalized fairly late in the off-season, and they haven't had time to prepare a permanent piece yet?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 7:16 AM Post
Just take notice at how much ball and glove logo merch is out. The Kohls by my house has probably 90% retro vs 10% new logo gear. Also, looking at the pics from the store in AZ, it looks like its all retro everything.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 7:52 AM Post
StCroixCtyBrewer said:

There's really no sense in me arguing this, but I don't understand how anybody can think this. You could put 1,000 designers in a room and none of them would ever think of creating a glove with a ball in it that has the initials of the team.

An M with barley under it is better than that? I just don't get it. That's run of the mill agency work. And I've always wondered if it was just another piece of their deal with Miller because it sure as hell looks like one.

There's just nothing special about their logo. You could probably show it to fans of other teams and they'd have to think whose it is.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 3:33 PM Post

I haven’t been there to confirm...but based on the previous pics it appears that is just the opposite side of the sign/tarp. So one side has the barley M, and one side has the AFFP logo.

Again...on a brand new sign/stadium, it would seem to suggest there’s something else underneath that they don’t want revealed yet. Or, as noted above, perhaps it was just a last minute update when the AmFam deal came together, and is a temporary solution for this spring until they can update the sign permanantly after Spring Training.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 5:26 PM Post

GIF Master
mattsr0625 said:
Just take notice at how much ball and glove logo merch is out. The Kohls by my house has probably 90% retro vs 10% new logo gear. Also, looking at the pics from the store in AZ, it looks like its all retro everything.

My kid's little league team last year was the Brewers. In Atlanta. The official, league-issued cap was the current logo, but the gear the coaches bought was all retro. None of them were Brewers fans, either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:07 PM Post
To be clear:

- I think the ball-glove logo is design genius and is a classic. I don't want it to go away. I like it remaining in the picture. I still greatly prefer it in navy and wish and the yellow would be gold.
- I think the M-barley logo is classic & classy. I don't want it to go away, either.

Both logos say "Milwaukee Brewers" in definite yet different ways that are both timeless in their own right.

Both logos remaining (1a & 1b, or whatever you want to call the co-existence) is probably best for the franchise's lasting identity and, of course, merchandise sales.

Whichever one's on the cap in a current uniform arrangement, the other should be on the sleeve. And if they ever go back to pinstripes, I'd prefer it be in the navy.

The royal blue & yellow were inherited from the Seattle Pilots and were the team colors for 25 seasons (1969-1993). Navy & gold have been the primary team colors for 26 seasons - including this one - & counting (1994-2019). Both have roughly equal claim to usage over the club's history. Both have been worn by good teams, playoff teams (2x for the blue/yellow incl. the '82 WS; 3x for the navy/gold incl. 2 NLCS appearances ending 2 & 1 wins, respectively, short of the WS) & horrid teams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 15, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
I like both. The M and Barley... and the BiG.

The Gothic was not a favorite. Didnt like it at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 15, 2019, 10:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
BuckyBrewer61 said:

I haven’t been there to confirm...but based on the previous pics it appears that is just the opposite side of the sign/tarp. So one side has the barley M, and one side has the AFFP logo.

Again...on a brand new sign/stadium, it would seem to suggest there’s something else underneath that they don’t want revealed yet. Or, as noted above, perhaps it was just a last minute update when the AmFam deal came together, and is a temporary solution for this spring until they can update the sign permanantly after Spring Training.

My wife and I were there today and can confirm that this is incorrect. The American Family Fields of Arizona logo is on BOTH sides of the tarp.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 17, 2019, 8:27 AM Post
pitchleague said:
My wife and I were there today and can confirm that this is incorrect. The American Family Fields of Arizona logo is on BOTH sides of the tarp.

Hmm interesting, thanks for the intel. Still could just be a result of the AmFam deal coming together after the sign was constructed...but wild speculation and conspiracy theories sound like more fun.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 79 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply