LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 SSH

Offline  Re: 2019 SSH

Posted: March 04, 2019, 12:40 PM Post
AJOHNSON104 said:
You'd think they would give the Bernie's slide to everyone who wants it. Costs them absolutely nothing and seems to be something people want to do. I have no desire to go down a slide. I can go to a public park and do that. But then again maybe by denying it to people they are building up demand and make it more special.

You can pay like $100 a person to do it. The problem is they only allow 8 people per game. So that is a max 648 people and I am sure they won't book that all to SSH.

The ticket upgrades suck in my opinion. You can just do that through the ballpark app. I have done it numerous times and it costs $35 a ticket to go from anywhere to one of the first 3 rows in the diamond box. I have even gotten first row in the first section of the outfield box for like $25 a ticket.

There are always tickets they are holding for 20 gamers or other reasons in those premium section that just become upgrade eligible before the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
We pretty much do the batting practice every year and have received it. The best part is just being on the field. We also choose the Refillable Cup as our "Blue Reward".

Got the season ticket package last week. No tickets? I didn't really look through it thoroughly (was out of town last week and just kind briefly looked at it when I got home). Is there some communication I missed that they are not doing physical tickets this year?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 1:21 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
We pretty much do the batting practice every year and have received it. The best part is just being on the field. We also choose the Refillable Cup as our "Blue Reward".

Got the season ticket package last week. No tickets? I didn't really look through it thoroughly (was out of town last week and just kind briefly looked at it when I got home). Is there some communication I missed that they are not doing physical tickets this year?

I believe you had to pay extra for the physical tickets. Maybe $35-50. I'm pretty sure I went with the ballpark app.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 1:32 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Patrick425 said:

I believe you had to pay extra for the physical tickets. Maybe $35-50. I'm pretty sure I went with the ballpark app.

I see. I must have missed that. May have to contact my ticket rep to see if I can still get them. It's not that I'm an old guy afraid of tech. I work on a computer all day, do all my banking and bill paying electronically, etc. However, I do have a fear (as illogical as it may be), that I'll get to the park and my phone will not function properly and/or I will not be able to access the ball park app for some reason. In addition, my wife has a work phone and is unable to install "unapproved" apps on her phone. So, I can't transfer tickets to her and I would have to show both tickets on my phone as we are going through. Not sure why I prefer not to do that, but rather not deal with that. I think it's more of me having a phobia of holding up the line behind me (same reason I hate the TSA check - doing pre-screen is the best money I ever spent).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 1:39 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Patrick425 said:

I see. I must have missed that. May have to contact my ticket rep to see if I can still get them. It's not that I'm an old guy afraid of tech. I work on a computer all day, do all my banking and bill paying electronically, etc. However, I do have a fear (as illogical as it may be), that I'll get to the park and my phone will not function properly and/or I will not be able to access the ball park app for some reason. In addition, my wife has a work phone and is unable to install "unapproved" apps on her phone. So, I can't transfer tickets to her and I would have to show both tickets on my phone as we are going through. Not sure why I prefer not to do that, but rather not deal with that. I think it's more of me having a phobia of holding up the line behind me (same reason I hate the TSA check - doing pre-screen is the best money I ever spent).

I thought I saw during the postseason that they have some sort of workaround for phone malfunctions or a dead phone battery(out of 10,000 people, at least 1 case of this is inevitable) it just takes time. It's definitely nice for resale via craigslist if you are trying to avoid stubhubs increasing ridiculous fees, people trust a paper ticket and paper cash over ballpark app and paypal. Good luck with your rep, hopefully they can still get you paper copies.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
AJOHNSON104 said:
You'd think they would give the Bernie's slide to everyone who wants it. Costs them absolutely nothing and seems to be something people want to do. I have no desire to go down a slide. I can go to a public park and do that. But then again maybe by denying it to people they are building up demand and make it more special.

You can pay like $100 a person to do it. The problem is they only allow 8 people per game. So that is a max 648 people and I am sure they won't book that all to SSH.

The ticket upgrades suck in my opinion. You can just do that through the ballpark app. I have done it numerous times and it costs $35 a ticket to go from anywhere to one of the first 3 rows in the diamond box. I have even gotten first row in the first section of the outfield box for like $25 a ticket.

There are always tickets they are holding for 20 gamers or other reasons in those premium section that just become upgrade eligible before the game.

Agree. There are too many restrictions on the ticket upgrades and they only go up one level. Just use Ballpark and don't waste the reward item.

I did want to mention again though, did anyone renew early? I did, in September, at the behest of getting an "early renewal gift," which I still haven't gotten. I think it was food vouchers or something, but I never got anything.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 04, 2019, 3:33 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
MrTPlush said:
AJOHNSON104 said:

Agree. There are too many restrictions on the ticket upgrades and they only go up one level. Just use Ballpark and don't waste the reward item.

I did want to mention again though, did anyone renew early? I did, in September, at the behest of getting an "early renewal gift," which I still haven't gotten. I think it was food vouchers or something, but I never got anything.

I always renew right away as well, I'm pretty sure I end up getting $100 in F&B vouchers for paying right away. There was one year that I debated whether or not to renew(and made that clear to my rep), and was offered on field BP and ticket vouchers by waiting until February to renew...so not sure which is better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 05, 2019, 10:29 AM Post
The F&B card comes mid March per rep. It also is sent separately from your tickets. Sure seems the Brewers could cut back a bit on postage by sending this stuff all at once rather than 8 separate mailings.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
MrTPlush said:
I bit the bullet the bullet a few days ago and got a 20-game pack. I will kick myself for awhile because I should have just done it last September as they were willing to give me a silver reward even though it was a new account. Of course I would have gotten better rewards too because as you can imagine at this point in the venture anything decent is well sold out.

Oh well, hopefully I get some decent stuff in the next 40 years to make up for that.

What did you end up getting? I did the same thing last year and did the movie night which was an absolutely massive hit with my kids. It was so great I ended up picking again as my blue.

I got the movie night this year and was wondering a bit about it. Basically, I'm guessing I didn't really care for the blue rewards much and just clicked buttons. I don't have kids and don't care too much to do this. I was thinking about letting a friend of mine take his wife and 2 kids instead. Do they closely check ID's or anything, would this be possible to do in your opinion? Also roughly what time did this start up last year?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 10:34 AM Post
You just get tickets that look like game tickets, IIRC. There is no checking of IDs. It's August 16, last year it was in July sometime, on one of those 95 degree nights but oddly the field was extremely comfortable. I want to say it's at 7pm or so. It was definitely the night sky about half way through the film. There was a game that night and they had it on the jumbotron until the start of the movie. I actually thought it would have been cool to just let us watch the game from there. They open a few concession stands as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 07, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
You just get tickets that look like game tickets, IIRC. There is no checking of IDs. It's August 16, last year it was in July sometime, on one of those 95 degree nights but oddly the field was extremely comfortable. I want to say it's at 7pm or so. It was definitely the night sky about half way through the film. There was a game that night and they had it on the jumbotron until the start of the movie. I actually thought it would have been cool to just let us watch the game from there. They open a few concession stands as well.

Thanks for the info.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2019, 4:26 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
We got our rewards by email sent to the SO around the start of March. We will be meeting Robin Yount, which ought to be sweet, and getting a Hader signed print (no meeting for that).

For a few years we had the ticket upgrade vouchers, but we hardly ever used them, so we've bypassed that for a while now. Since we picked our SSH locations, how often would we want to switch anyway? and if we did, we were usually interested in upgrading more than one seat level (which is what the vouchers permit).

We have been renewing early enough to get the $25 in food/merchandise vouchers per seat. Since we have two pairs of 20-packs, we get a total of $100 in vouchers. Between that, the SSH discount nights, and the fact that we don't always get food at the ballpark, it's been a while since we paid full price for any food item at the park. I bring water to drink and the SO gets a designated driver soda voucher.

Last year we went down Bernie's slide, which was pretty cool and also very brief. The SO (official name on the account) could bring three guests and each guest could slide twice. There were six non-game dates available to us, which we ranked. We didn't return that ranking promptly and got a date in April, along with an assigned time. I think we had 20-30 minutes to sign the waivers and take the slides. Other SSH parties were before and after us.

Our slide date was shortly before last year's country concert, so before we slid, we had an interesting birds-eye view of the concert setup, but I would have preferred a birds-eye view of just the field and park. Since we come from Madison, we spent way more time traveling there and back than at the slide itself.

In 2017 we opted for the soft drink cups (not realizing we'd get four, which we therefore underutilized) and the family play day. We brought my then-11 year old nephew to the play day. Although the slide was worthwhile, I'd say you get more out of the play day. The outfield is open (not the infield) for playing catch or just running/walking around. The Brewers' bullpen was open (except for the mounds), so I have some great photos of SO and nephew playing catch there, me stretched out on the bullpen bench, the motivational material on the bullpen bulletin board, the contents of the bullpen mini-fridge (Gatorade and Red Bull) and even a shot of the inside of the bullpen restroom, which is unisex.
The visitors' dugout was open for wandering around and photo ops. There were also tours of the service level, press box (including the radio booth) and more. We were there for probably 2-3 hours.
Although we had a youngster with us, I wouldn't have felt out of place doing the play day without a traditional family, and the play day is an event I would consider selecting again some time.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2019, 4:33 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator

We opted for hard tickets for the regular season (we did go electronic for the 2018 postseason). I'm Patrick425's age and also not afraid of tech, but I'd like to avoid phone problems - keeping the phones sufficiently juiced for the game + 3 hour round trip is challenging enough.

More importantly, I have been saving Brewers ticket stubs since my first game ever in 1983. I jot the score on the back along with anything I think was interesting about the game. I'd been doing this for over 20 years already when my grandpa died. Among his things were a few ticket stubs that also have the score and other tidbits written on the back. So apparently it's genetically prescribed that I do this!
(At several 1969 CWS games that were held at County Stadium, he also sat in the same lower grandstand section that our County partial pack was in. Even more coincidental.)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 9:37 AM Post
hawing said:
We got our rewards by email sent to the SO around the start of March. We will be meeting Robin Yount, which ought to be sweet, and getting a Hader signed print (no meeting for that).

For a few years we had the ticket upgrade vouchers, but we hardly ever used them, so we've bypassed that for a while now. Since we picked our SSH locations, how often would we want to switch anyway? and if we did, we were usually interested in upgrading more than one seat level (which is what the vouchers permit).

We have been renewing early enough to get the $25 in food/merchandise vouchers per seat. Since we have two pairs of 20-packs, we get a total of $100 in vouchers. Between that, the SSH discount nights, and the fact that we don't always get food at the ballpark, it's been a while since we paid full price for any food item at the park. I bring water to drink and the SO gets a designated driver soda voucher.

Last year we went down Bernie's slide, which was pretty cool and also very brief. The SO (official name on the account) could bring three guests and each guest could slide twice. There were six non-game dates available to us, which we ranked. We didn't return that ranking promptly and got a date in April, along with an assigned time. I think we had 20-30 minutes to sign the waivers and take the slides. Other SSH parties were before and after us.

Our slide date was shortly before last year's country concert, so before we slid, we had an interesting birds-eye view of the concert setup, but I would have preferred a birds-eye view of just the field and park. Since we come from Madison, we spent way more time traveling there and back than at the slide itself.

In 2017 we opted for the soft drink cups (not realizing we'd get four, which we therefore underutilized) and the family play day. We brought my then-11 year old nephew to the play day. Although the slide was worthwhile, I'd say you get more out of the play day. The outfield is open (not the infield) for playing catch or just running/walking around. The Brewers' bullpen was open (except for the mounds), so I have some great photos of SO and nephew playing catch there, me stretched out on the bullpen bench, the motivational material on the bullpen bulletin board, the contents of the bullpen mini-fridge (Gatorade and Red Bull) and even a shot of the inside of the bullpen restroom, which is unisex.
The visitors' dugout was open for wandering around and photo ops. There were also tours of the service level, press box (including the radio booth) and more. We were there for probably 2-3 hours.
Although we had a youngster with us, I wouldn't have felt out of place doing the play day without a traditional family, and the play day is an event I would consider selecting again some time.

Curious what happens if you have a F&B voucher on an SSH night. Do you pay the discounted rate with your voucher or do they use the voucher before it comes off? I assume it's the latter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 9:51 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Curious what happens if you have a F&B voucher on an SSH night. Do you pay the discounted rate with your voucher or do they use the voucher before it comes off? I assume it's the latter.

Vouchers are in increments of $5 usually, at least for me they are though I have seen $10. And you don't get change. So no sense using a voucher on a $3 purchase. If a beer is normally 10 bucks, SSH day it's $7.50, you'd pay $2.50 cash plus a $5 SSH voucher.

Also you can't use them at Fridays and I don't think the walking vendors will take them. I think you have to actually go to a stand.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 11:15 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Vouchers are in increments of $5 usually, at least for me they are though I have seen $10. And you don't get change. So no sense using a voucher on a $3 purchase. If a beer is normally 10 bucks, SSH day it's $7.50, you'd pay $2.50 cash plus a $5 SSH voucher.

Also you can't use them at Fridays and I don't think the walking vendors will take them. I think you have to actually go to a stand.

That's all accurate. They're good at the stands or in the team stores. There's also no change, so as pointed out, if your purchase is $6, you'd only want to use one voucher and pay the difference in cash. You can the most bang for your buck on the SSH days obviously, as you can combine the two.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2019, 12:09 PM Post
brwrsfan said:
KeithStone53151 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

That's all accurate. They're good at the stands or in the team stores. There's also no change, so as pointed out, if your purchase is $6, you'd only want to use one voucher and pay the difference in cash. You can the most bang for your buck on the SSH days obviously, as you can combine the two.

That's what I was getting at. So if I ring up a $40 face value bill on an SSH night, I only have to use $30 in vouchers on it?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:26 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Yeah, you can "stack" the discounts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2019, 12:30 PM Post
Interesting not in today's email. The concession vouchers will be on a "debit-style card" rather than individual $5 vouchers. Mailed out in April.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2019, 1:02 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Interesting not in today's email. The concession vouchers will be on a "debit-style card" rather than individual $5 vouchers. Mailed out in April.

Sweet, that's by far a better option than the paper vouchers.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply