LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 SSH

Offline  Re: 2019 SSH

Posted: March 22, 2019, 7:16 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Interesting not in today's email. The concession vouchers will be on a "debit-style card" rather than individual $5 vouchers. Mailed out in April.

Probably on the SSH card.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 24, 2019, 2:10 AM Post
I picked the ticket upgrades because I only have a 20 game pack and the rest of the options seemed pretty lame. My seats are about 20 rows behind home plate in the infield box, so i'm assuming the only upgrade they can give me is the first couple of rows. Pretty nice thing to get for free imo.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 25, 2019, 9:05 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
BrewersSuperCollector said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Interesting not in today's email. The concession vouchers will be on a "debit-style card" rather than individual $5 vouchers. Mailed out in April.

Probably on the SSH card.

The "debit style card" will be mailed separately, though, so I don't think it's on the SSH card. Plus you can get extra SSH cards if you have multiple people using your account.
I wonder if we will still be able to use it for $5 at a time. That would make our sum go farther into the year. Guess we'll find out soon!
(and since these will apparently arrive in early April, I guess we won't find out in time for the opening series)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
My finances are currently tied up in SSH with the Milwaukee Bucks. But i am a die-hard Brewers fan. I will easily go to 15-20 home games this year, and already have trips to Cin, Pit, Minn booked for this year as road trips!

For 2020 I'm looking to get a 20-game plan. What time of year should I get moving on that so that I can get the best opportunity/seating preferences that I'd like?

Any help is appreciated!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 SSH

Posted: April 02, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
BraunFanatic said:
My finances are currently tied up in SSH with the Milwaukee Bucks. But i am a die-hard Brewers fan. I will easily go to 15-20 home games this year, and already have trips to Cin, Pit, Minn booked for this year as road trips!

For 2020 I'm looking to get a 20-game plan. What time of year should I get moving on that so that I can get the best opportunity/seating preferences that I'd like?

Any help is appreciated!

I think the best thing would be to call their season ticket office directly and hear it from them. Let them know your intentions and see what they say regarding their calendar, and see if you can get on their email list.

I dropped my 20 gamer this offseason, though I think we had until December or maybe even January to renew. Meaning, the seats that had been mine weren't going to be available to guys like you until I declined my renewal.

I would take a look at the existing packages and see which of those would look most appealing to you (Saturday, Sunday, Business, Pick-your-own). That matters regarding seat location.

A couple of things that surprised me were the number of tiers of ticket types, and the lack of significance it meant whether I was a first year package holder or a 10th year package holder in terms of "moving up" into better seats.

I sat in the Family Section (219) for a long time, Row 5, on the aisle. I assumed that over the years, I'd be able to move closer into the first row of the section. But there were lots of games where those seats would be empty. The first rows of the section were in a different price tier than my seats, so really, I was in the best seat that I was ever going to get at the price I was willing to pay.

Another thing that confused/angered me was seeing people in the rows ahead of me who were not SSH, on a couple of occasions, I saw their stubs and saw they paid $25 to sit in front of my $50 seats. It wasn't often, and it's true that they didn't get the SSH perks, but it still stuck with me and made me wonder if being a SSH was really for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
Jim, the reason for a lot of that is that not all seats are released for SSH. They can't do that realistically because they know they can't sell them all as season seats, and they have to leave some sexy options out there for single game ticket buyers and such.

FWIW, last year was my first year, Fan's Choice, in terrace. I was usually row 15, 16 or something, and usually really close to home plate.

This year, I am row 8, which is really row 1 for the terrace, as row 1-7 are terrace reserve. I also have moved to a baseline on either side for most games. To be honest, I love the seats. The view is totally fine for me from up there, IMO the worst seats in MP are not high up, but rather the far outfield sides where you really can't see large chunks of field.

The way they do the playoff presales, I don't really see much point in buying your pack in expensive seats unless it's REALLY worth it for you. You can get playoff seats just about anywhere, so for me the terrace is fine for regular season. Years down the road when the expendable income is really insignificant, I may just splurge anyway.

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of games, it is cheaper to get in with terrace and upgrade via Ballpark once inside.

But I don't get caught up in the seats to be honest. The perks are so cool to me outside of that, the seats are almost an afterthought.

To the original question, I would agree that just calling them is best. End of current season is when they usually offer some kind of bonus for signing up early.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2019, 3:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
OSS, I'm sure that my insistence on being in Family minimized my choices for seat assignments. It's good to hear that you're happy with your seats, and the experience of being a SSH.

I think for me, I had the Sunday pack, and we had too many competing events, where I would have to exchange the seats. I no-showed on some, too, and during the last couple of years especially, I paid for seats that I never used.

And with Seat Geek or Stub Hub, there really aren't any games any more that are truly unavailable. I like the freedom of going or not going on the spur of the moment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2019, 8:06 AM Post
JimH5 said:
BraunFanatic said:

Any help is appreciated!

I think the best thing would be to call their season ticket office directly and hear it from them. Let them know your intentions and see what they say regarding their calendar, and see if you can get on their email list.

I dropped my 20 gamer this offseason, though I think we had until December or maybe even January to renew. Meaning, the seats that had been mine weren't going to be available to guys like you until I declined my renewal.

I would take a look at the existing packages and see which of those would look most appealing to you (Saturday, Sunday, Business, Pick-your-own). That matters regarding seat location.

A couple of things that surprised me were the number of tiers of ticket types, and the lack of significance it meant whether I was a first year package holder or a 10th year package holder in terms of "moving up" into better seats.

I sat in the Family Section (219) for a long time, Row 5, on the aisle. I assumed that over the years, I'd be able to move closer into the first row of the section. But there were lots of games where those seats would be empty. The first rows of the section were in a different price tier than my seats, so really, I was in the best seat that I was ever going to get at the price I was willing to pay.

Another thing that confused/angered me was seeing people in the rows ahead of me who were not SSH, on a couple of occasions, I saw their stubs and saw they paid $25 to sit in front of my $50 seats. It wasn't often, and it's true that they didn't get the SSH perks, but it still stuck with me and made me wonder if being a SSH was really for me.

I strongly appreciate all the feedback so far! This forum is a daily check-in for me! Much appreciated, like-minded Brewer's Fans! Anyone else with experiences/opinions, please leave below for me. I'm willing to bet i'm not the only one here thinking about becoming a SSH.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2019, 10:30 AM Post
JimH5 said:
I sat in the Family Section (219) for a long time, Row 5, on the aisle. I assumed that over the years, I'd be able to move closer into the first row of the section. But there were lots of games where those seats would be empty.

Family section is actually 217. Our seats have been there since Miller Park opened. We are in the last row which I think is the best row in that section, but it's all a matter of preference. We are in the middle of the row and can climb in and out of our seats from behind. I hate getting up and down for people coming and going from their seats and hate to bother other people if I need to leave my seat for some reason (rare). Other people may not be as bothered by that and would rather be closer (although the section is only 10 rows deep).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2019, 10:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
You're right, Patrick, on the section number. My mistake.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2019, 10:54 PM Post
Has anyone actually been able to exchange tickets without going through the rep? I have a 20 pack, I can't go to tomorrow's game. I tried to exchange them through the "my brewers tickets" website and it shows me my seats aren't available to be exchanged (NONE of my April games are except 4/20 for some reason).

I know I can call/email my rep about it, it's just a bit of a hassle. I thought it would be setup to let me do it all myself, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone actually done it?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 11:09 AM Post
brwrsfan said:
Has anyone actually been able to exchange tickets without going through the rep? I have a 20 pack, I can't go to tomorrow's game. I tried to exchange them through the "my brewers tickets" website and it shows me my seats aren't available to be exchanged (NONE of my April games are except 4/20 for some reason).

I know I can call/email my rep about it, it's just a bit of a hassle. I thought it would be setup to let me do it all myself, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone actually done it?

I have not tried to do any exchanges yet this year, but there is a 48 hour window prior to game time where exchanges can not be done. So, that may be your issues with the current exchange for today's game you are trying to do. Other limitations you may be running into would be that you can not exchange tickets for most weekend games and cubs games (those can not be the tickets you are getting in the exchange). Also, you can only exchange for games that occur after the game you are trying to exchange. So, if you are not trying to do any of these things and are still having issues, then yeah, you probably have to talk to your ticket agent (I would just call and ask for another one if he/she is not responding or getting back to you).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2019, 12:01 PM Post
brwrsfan said:

I also have always gone through my ticket rep. They've always made it so easy. I find it easier sending a quick email and letting them do it than figure it out on my own.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2019, 9:44 AM Post
So much for debit style voucher card. I got paper vouchers in the mail today.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 1:53 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
brwrsfan said:

I also have always gone through my ticket rep. They've always made it so easy. I find it easier sending a quick email and letting them do it than figure it out on my own.

The fact that it's 2019 and MLB is still relying on Flash to power a ton of their fan experience is.... well... laughable. I can't exchange tickets on my phone or my work laptop for this exact reason.

Hooray!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 15, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I just got paper today as well, debit card would have been easier but oh well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 18, 2019, 8:55 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
KeithStone53151 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I just got paper today as well, debit card would have been easier but oh well.

Plus the vouchers are now for $10, which means you have to either save them for bigger-ticket food items or not get change back. That's mildly annoying. Maybe I'll use them for merchandise instead of concessions.

Next time I see our rep, I'll try to remember to ask him what went wrong with the debit card plan.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply