LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 386 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2007 Vent Thread, Part 1

Offline  Official Vent Thread
Posted: April 24, 2007, 5:39 PM Post
I can not remember a single time last year that every position player on the roster and TWO of our starting pitchers were at least at the Mendoza line.

pmg4, just for future reference, I recommend that in the company of Brewers fans, referring to it as the Uecker line. Ueck's career avg=.200

Posted: April 24, 2007, 6:27 PM Post
Quote:
Yeah I really have no problem with the platoon at 3rd. I hope we don't see Braun in the Bigs until Sept.

September? Why that late?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: April 25, 2007, 6:19 AM Post
Quote:
September? Why that late?

The only way I see him called up is if somebody gets hurt or we trade somebody. I don't want to see one of our players get hurt or trade our depth to make room for somebody who may or may not be a good big leaguer. I think he will be good.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Posted: April 25, 2007, 7:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
I get it. If I'm going to fight a deer, I need to wear Right Guard or I will smell. If you are going to force me to watch commercials, can you at least mix it up? And why do I have to watch the commercial to see content I've payed for?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder
EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Posted: April 25, 2007, 7:41 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Elmer Dessens makes me angry

Not just in baseball

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Posted: April 25, 2007, 7:46 AM Post
I think it is time to DFA Elmer Dessens. Someone else can do a better job keeping the game close. Not allowing 3-5 runs every time he is in.

Posted: April 25, 2007, 7:49 AM Post
Ben Sheets and his injuries make me angry.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Posted: April 25, 2007, 10:38 AM Post
I hate people using "Big Ben" in reference to Ben Sheets. I am sure that a lot of people remember another Big Ben AKA Ben McDonald.

I dont want any correlation between the two!

First of all Ben Sheets is just over 6", while Ben McDonald was 6'7. I think that the only acceptable time to call Ben Sheets "Big Ben" is if he goes over 300 lbs.

Second, the term "Big Ben" reminds me of horrific shoulder problems, leading to "Big Ben" never throwing another pitch in ANY uniform.

Maybe I am just being superstitious. Most people don't adopt unlucky nicknames for players they like. Do they? You wouldnt call Sheets "Titanic" would you?

Posted: April 25, 2007, 10:44 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
"Ana-ben Sheetswalker" -- Pitches 8 scoreless innings in game 7 of the 2008 WS, which the Brewers lose. He then signs FA deal with Cubs, and his BB rates instantly skyrocket.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Posted: April 25, 2007, 1:26 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
If I'm going to fight a deer, I need to wear Right Guard or I will smell. If you are going to force me to watch commercials, can you at least mix it up?

Not to mention, does it have to be before every single clip? If I want to watch the video clips of Prince's home run, JJ flashing the leather and Geoff's amazing catch - from the same game, all in one browsing session - I shouldn't have to watch the unsweaty deer fight three times. Once is vexing enough.

Also, I've long referred to Ben Sheets as Golden Ben (as in gold medalist). I suggested that on this site once but it didn't catch on.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Posted: April 26, 2007, 12:44 AM Post
"Big Ben" is very unfitting, and it makes me angry when i hear it too. "Sheeter" is my favorite as in, "the Sheeter is clean through 7."

Bad weather baseball makes me very angry, put a roof on it Chicago, your weather sux in April, sometimes May, September, and God forbid October. Minnesota building an open air ballpark is just starting to make me angry, but will never fully anger me because interleague doesn't start until late May.

Posted: April 26, 2007, 12:46 AM Post
Quote:
If I'm going to fight a deer, I need to wear Right Guard or I will smell. If you are going to force me to watch commercials, can you at least mix it up?

Not to mention, does it have to be before every single clip? If I want to watch the video clips of Prince's home run, JJ flashing the leather and Geoff's amazing catch - from the same game, all in one browsing session - I shouldn't have to watch the unsweaty deer fight three times. Once is vexing enough.

Also, couldn't they find a better pac man player, I get frustated every time mlb.tv goes to that pac man screen between innings.

Posted: April 26, 2007, 1:10 AM Post
"Also, I've long referred to Ben Sheets as Golden Ben (as in gold medalist). I suggested that on this site once but it didn't catch on."

Golden Ben makes it sound like he's 75 years old. I think it didn't catch on for a reason.

Posted: April 27, 2007, 5:21 PM Post
Bumping this because of Spurling, aka Winkelsas. Can we option this guy please? Or is Yost going to keep running him out there to face one batter, give up a base hit, and get pulled?

It's times like these that I wish Capellan wasn't such a hothead. If he just would have played it cool for a couple weeks he would be in Milwaukee giving us quality innings.

Posted: April 27, 2007, 7:25 PM Post
Oh, Cappy should have been called up period. Because of his CHILDISH behavior he got the cold shoulder. But if Spurling keeps the crap up you can guarantee that Cappy will be here very SOON!

:-)

Posted: April 28, 2007, 2:00 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
The display surrounding Capellan's demotion could've been overlooked, but leaving the Sounds couldn't have been. I believe the team has now made its point with José.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Posted: April 28, 2007, 3:34 AM Post
Melvin/Yost should swallow their pride and admit to Capellan they made the wrong decision out of spring training. After they make peace, politely tell him that he will make so much more money in this league if he would just try a little harder.

Spurling now makes me just as angry as Aquino did, just without the two losses to go with it.

Posted: April 28, 2007, 4:54 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator

Melvin/Yost should swallow their pride and admit to Capellan they made the wrong decision out of spring training.
No, no, no! Image

José can be cut slack for shooting off his mouth. He can be cut slack for requesting a trade. He can even be cut slack for making things difficult by making the trade request public. And now that he's been bypassed for a recall, leaving his team can be put in the past. But no way should Yost/Melvin admit they were wrong.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Posted: April 28, 2007, 12:20 PM Post
Chris Spurling really sucks and needs to be remove from the team ASAP.

Posted: April 28, 2007, 12:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Wasn't Spurling one of the "wheel of pitchers" from last year?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 386 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply