LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 64 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 Brewers Season Predictions

Offline  Re: 2019 Brewers Season Predictions

Posted: March 26, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
The Jimmy Nelson prediction to the pen could be interesting. Say the young guys, Chacin do well and no one needs to get pulled from the rotation fro a while. Jimmy comes into the pen in the Burnes role of last year and tears it up or even takes Knebels place. I could see something like that happening.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 Brewers Season Predictions

Posted: March 26, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
The Jimmy Nelson prediction to the pen could be interesting. Say the young guys, Chacin do well and no one needs to get pulled from the rotation fro a while. Jimmy comes into the pen in the Burnes role of last year and tears it up or even takes Knebels place. I could see something like that happening.

And with Kimbrel and jeffress a superpen is born.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
Record 85–77
Playoffs No
All Star Hader, Yelich
Offensive player Yelich
Starter Chacin
Reliever Hader
Most surprising Arcia
Most disappointing Huira

Bold prediction: Brewers get crushed the 1st month of the season by Cards and Dodgers, spending the rest of the year playing solid, entertaining baseball that gives us hope next year

Hope for the future: Peralta, Burnes, and Woodruff keep their collective heads above water

Story of the year: injuries injuries injuries Cain misses most of the season, Nelson moves forward, gets injuries again, Knebel lost season, Jeffress basically a lost season, Thames less than 30 games, Braun plays less than 81 games, etc.

Comeback player: Albers

Personally I’m not discouraged by this. I think it’s more a matter of this is the kind of stuff that happens in baseball. The organization is on the right path and I’d expect he following year to be more competitive.

Crazy prediction: so much parity in the NL that only one team wins 90 games (not gonna happen)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 5:19 PM Post
Clemente’s Dream said:
Record 85–77
Playoffs No
All Star Hader, Yelich
Offensive player Yelich
Starter Chacin
Reliever Hader
Most surprising Arcia
Most disappointing Huira

Bold prediction: Brewers get crushed the 1st month of the season by Cards and Dodgers, spending the rest of the year playing solid, entertaining baseball that gives us hope next year

Hope for the future: Peralta, Burnes, and Woodruff keep their collective heads above water

Story of the year: injuries injuries injuries Cain misses most of the season, Nelson moves forward, gets injuries again, Knebel lost season, Jeffress basically a lost season, Thames less than 30 games, Braun plays less than 81 games, etc.

Personally I’m not discouraged by this. I think it’s more a matter of this is the kind of stuff that happens in baseball. The organization is on the right path and I’d expect he following year to be more competitive.

Crazy prediction: so much parity in the NL that only one team wins 90 games (not gonna happen)

Are you sure your not a cards fan? Be honest. I think you also want baseball to strike. Wouldn’t affect you much, if memory serves me right.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 7:03 PM Post
Sure, why not:

2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 89-73

Playoffs (Yes, No): No

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: N/A

All-Star Game Representative(s): Shaw, Grandal

Offensive Player of the Year: Shaw. Career year, 285/370/590 with 42 HR.

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Peralta develops his secondary pitches and refines his pitching acumen to become the lone bright spot in an otherwise mediocre rotation.

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Hader, natch.

Most Surprising Player: Hiura is called up in late May has offensive production similar to Braun's RoY year. Some struggles to get him into the lineup, resulting in a game of musical chairs at 1B and calls for CC to try Moustakas at SS (!)

Most Disappointing Player: Aguilar

Solid offensive production from Shaw and Grandal can't overcome regression from Aguilar and injury and inconsistency from Braun and Moustakas. Starting pitching is lacking depth and experience but unlike 2018 doesn't have the bullpen to minimize the effect.

Despite all this the Brewers are still in the playoff hunt for most of the season, dealing at the trade deadline to bring Wily Peralta to try and stop the bleeding from a depleted bullpen. He and Freddy combine for a 13K shutout in September, but this is not quite enough to catch the Cardinals for the division, with the Reds taking a WC spot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 10:24 PM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 84-78. I just feel like this team is due to find ways to lose this season after a crazy September and October 2018. Score a ton but bullpen can't hold it. Shutdown the opponents bats, but lose 2-1.

Playoffs (Yes, No): No. More wins than losses, but not in the Top 5 in the NL.

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: None.

All-Star Game Representative(s): Shaw, Yelich, Burnes

Offensive Player of the Year: Yelich

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Burnes

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Petricka

Most Surprising Player: Gamel

Most Disappointing Player: Tie: Hader, Jeffress, Knebel, Guerra, Barnes, & Albers

Bold Predictions:
1. Brewers find a trade partner for Arcia bringing in some starting pitching to try and make a Postseason run, all for naught.
2. Due a thumb, back, whatever, Corey Ray sees more plate appearances than Braun from July through September.
3. Brewers set franchise record for runs scored in a season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2019, 11:56 PM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 82-80

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: N/A

All-Star Game Representative(s): Yelich & Hader

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Chacin

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Hader

Most Surprising Player: Arcia, continues to listen Yelich.

Most Disappointing Player: Grandal

Last year was special. This year goes the other way! Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff will all be inconsistent, at times they will dominate, other times we'll wonder what happened. Davies and Anderson will yo-yo as the #5 starter with neither being able to take command. It's not until July when Nelson returns, that the outlook brightens. Outside of Hader and Guerra, the bullpen will be a trainwreck. Knebel is lost for the year and Jeffress will visit the DL a couple of times. At the plate, Brauns "days off" become more frequent and Gamel will make us long for the days of Santana. Cain and Yelich continue from last year, but Yelich doesn't match last years superhuman streak. Shaw and Moose are solid, I expect their numbers will be close to last years. The Jesus experiment fails as the dip in the second half of last year continues. Arcia blooms as a hitter, as he copies the Yelich approach, sans the power. Grandal, despite expectations, is only so-so and many will want Manny to be the primary catcher. All in all, it's a brutal year in the NL as "parity" will become the buzzword and the slightest weakness on each team is magnified. Like I said, last year was special and I would love to see it again, but the magic eludes the Brewers this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 12:22 AM Post
With Opening Day just a few short days away, I thought it would be a good time to make some predictions about the Brewers for the upcoming season. Feel free to add other predictions if you think of another category to include.

Win-Loss Record: 91-71

Playoffs (Yes, No): Yes.

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: World Series title.

All-Star Game Representative(s): Yelich gets voted in. Hader makes it. Two others, probably.

Offensive Player of the Year: Yelich.

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Nelson.

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Hader.

Most Surprising Player: Arcia gets back to being a passable bat.

Most Disappointing Player: Grandal, but his production is still more than the Pina/Kratz platoon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 11:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 93-68 (In the tradition of last year's screw up, I'm leaving one game off my prediction, for good luck)

Playoffs (Yes, No): Wild Card

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: Lose In World Series

All-Star Game Representative(s): Yelich, Grandal, Hader, Cain

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Woodruff

Most Surprising Player: Arcia

Most Disappointing Player: Braun - I think he falls off this year during the regular season (besides some hot streaks). I do think he redeems himself in the playoffs!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record:96-66

Playoffs (Yes, No):No doubt

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: World Series, 7game tbd

All-Star Game Representative(s): Yelich is obvious. Hader easy. Grandal on acct of LA voters plus Milwaukee voters. Shaw or Aguilar will be one of those vote in to the AS game and not get in.

Offensive Player of the Year: Yelich continues his 2nd half performance of 2018 for his 2019 season

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Chacin. Why? Because he is the glue to this rotation. He holds up the rotation filled with young starters in their first season as Starters.

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Josh Hader may be the Relief pitcher of all time so clearly the RPOY.

Most Surprising Player: Yasmani Grandal. HR power and OB skills will improve this offense more than anyone would think.

Most Disappointing Player: Moustakas. The reason behind this is 2b defense, lack of offensive production, and Hiura being held down in AAA when he goes off as the season goes on and should be obviously playing on the ML team over the Moose.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 4:38 PM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 85-77

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: None

All-Star Game Representative(s): Hader, Yelich

Offensive Player of the Year: Travis Shaw

Most Disappointing Player: Chace Anderson

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 89-73

Playoffs (Yes, No): Yes

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: NLCS Appearance

All-Star Game Representative(s): Christian Yelich, Josh Hader, Yasmani Grandal

Offensive Player of the Year: Christian Yelich

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Brandon Woodruff

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Josh Hader

Most Surprising Player: Ben Gamel

Most Disappointing Player: Zach Davies

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 9:41 PM Post
Sorry, but I see a slight regression to the mean. I don't see a repeat of Aguilar and Yelich's final six weeks.

90 wins.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 27, 2019, 9:52 PM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 92-70

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: WS win

All-Star Game Representative(s): Hader, Burns, Grandal, Yelich

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Bruns

Most Disappointing Player: Albers

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 12:31 AM Post
Jimbo said:
Sorry, but I see a slight regression to the mean. I don't see a repeat of Aguilar and Yelich's final six weeks.

90 wins.

Both have had promising Spring Game Stats in line or better than last season's numbers. Also, what did Aguilar do the final 6 weeks that he can't do this season? He hit fewer HRs on average the last 6 weeks than he had hit before those final 6 weeks. You're talking an OPS that went from about .940-.950 to end of season .890. So at that stage for 6 weeks he must have been around an .840 OPS hitter to have that late season OPS reduce to .890. By the game logs it doesn't look like it was BA, just less power and a lower OB of only 10 pts to his season up to those 6 weeks. .360-.352 roughly. You take his 2017 and 2018 overall the stats are about on point. He's in for around 30HRs 90+ RBIs. So what is exactly your estimate for Aguilar this season?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 8:31 AM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 87-75

No Postseason

All-Star Game Representative(s): Yelich

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Chacin

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Both have had promising Spring Game Stats in line or better than last season's numbers. Also, what did Aguilar do the final 6 weeks that he can't do this season? He hit fewer HRs on average the last 6 weeks than he had hit before those final 6 weeks. You're talking an OPS that went from about .940-.950 to end of season .890. So at that stage for 6 weeks he must have been around an .840 OPS hitter to have that late season OPS reduce to .890. By the game logs it doesn't look like it was BA, just less power and a lower OB of only 10 pts to his season up to those 6 weeks. .360-.352 roughly. You take his 2017 and 2018 overall the stats are about on point. He's in for around 30HRs 90+ RBIs. So what is exactly your estimate for Aguilar this season?

Allow me to clarify, I don't see a repeat of (Aguilar) and (Yelich's final six weeks). I can't see Jesus repeating the first half he had last year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 11:37 AM Post
2019 Brewers Predictions

Win-Loss Record: 88-74

Playoffs (Yes, No): Yes (NL Central Champion)

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: NLCS

All-Star Game Representative(s): Grandal, Yelich, Hader

Offensive Player of the Year: Yelich (in the mix for repeat of NL MVP)

Starting Pitcher of the Year: Woodruff (becomes a true #2 starter)

Relief Pitcher of the Year: Hader (fireman role, as well as double-digit saves)

Most Surprising Player: Barnes (figures out how to harness talent and becomes very competent setup man)

Most Disappointing Player: Moustakas (doesn't hold 2B position well enough to prevent Hiura from being called up)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 12:12 PM Post
Win-Loss Record: 93-69

Highest Playoff Level Achieved: World Series

All-Star Game Representative(s): Cain, Yelich, Grandal, Hader, Burnes

Most Surprising Player: Burnes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 9:29 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Clemente’s Dream said:
Record 85–77
Playoffs No
All Star Hader, Yelich
Offensive player Yelich
Starter Chacin
Reliever Hader
Most surprising Arcia
Most disappointing Huira

Are you sure your not a cards fan? Be honest. I think you also want baseball to strike. Wouldn’t affect you much, if memory serves me right.

If not for the Yankees the Cards, those smug so and sos, are my most despised franchise in any sport. If my wife was a Cards fan I’d divorce her. If my kid was a Cards fan he’d be out of the will. If my boss was a Cards fan I’d quit my job of 35 years.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 64 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply