LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next  [ 444 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 BREWERS OPTIMISM THREAD

Offline  Re: 2019 BREWERS OPTIMISM THREAD
Posted: August 22, 2019, 2:46 PM Post
This team is going to go 24-11 to win the central by multiple games. The Reds Cubbies Mets and Nats finish with the same record forcing chaos for the wildcard.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 3:03 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
This team is going to go 24-11 to win the central by multiple games. The Reds Cubbies Mets and Nats finish with the same record forcing chaos for the wildcard.

Because this is a Brewers optimism thread I won’t comment on your prediction for the Brewers’ finish.

But what’s with the love for the Reds? What makes you think that a team that has drifted below.500 all season, is in 8th place in the wild card race and 7.5 games behind WC2 , and has lost 6 of its last 10, is suddenly going to soar to the 86 or more wins that it will likely take to get a wild card spot. To get to 86 wins they have to finish 26-10; I’m not seeing it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 4:54 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Because this is a Brewers optimism thread I won’t comment on your prediction for the Brewers’ finish.

But what’s with the love for the Reds? What makes you think that a team that has drifted below.500 all season, is in 8th place in the wild card race and 7.5 games behind WC2 , and has lost 6 of its last 10, is suddenly going to soar to the 86 or more wins that it will likely take to get a wild card spot. To get to 86 wins they have to finish 26-10; I’m not seeing it.

Why the reds?

1.) 3 #1’s in what’s by far the best rotation in the central.

2.) very good, very underrated bullpen.

3.) with Aquino the best lineup in the central.

4.) plus run differential, the team has not gotten hot yet.

For whatever reason this team has underperformed their talent and run differential > so far > but with Bauer and Aquino on board and the big lefty Garrett back pitching after serving his suspension, this team will finally get hot, and thank goodness, because they will keep the Cubbies from winning the central. Just hoping to win a game(Woodruff?)vs them that last week in cinc.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
Can we not wreck this thread with this stuff? I get that it’s fun to see the show this poster has become but this is one thread, one damn thread, that is dedicated to something positive around this place.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 6:18 PM Post
Ditto ... this is the Brewers optimism thread. The last thing I want to read is an ode to one of their division rivals. A hugely overrated one at that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 7:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
op·ti·mism
/ˈäptəˌmizəm/
noun
hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something.
"the talks had been amicable and there were grounds for optimism"
synonyms: hopefulness, hope, confidence, buoyancy, cheer, good cheer, cheerfulness,

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2019, 7:44 PM Post
homer said:
op·ti·mism
/ˈäptəˌmizəm/
noun
hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something.
"the talks had been amicable and there were grounds for optimism"
synonyms: hopefulness, hope, confidence, buoyancy, cheer, good cheer, cheerfulness,

How's this ... the Brewers are substantially better than the Reds right now, and will be for the next several years as well.

And that's no even misguided optimism. It's the truth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 24, 2019, 6:31 AM Post
We all know this team’s built for September, but, I’m liking what I’m seeing now, with the pitching:

Rotation is solid, giving this offense and bullpen a chance just about every game to do its job.

Offense isn’t as bad with RISP as it’s been virtually all year, and will regress towards the mean, biding well this last 5 weeks.

Bullpen is showing signs of the shut down pen this team will have in September. When Nelson Suter Peralta Black are back, joining Hader Pomeranz Claudio Williams Guerra Jackson Jeffress Albers and Lyles for the last 2 weeks > Best pen in the NL, and if this offense can hit like some thought going into the year > this team could do what last year’s team did > 26-10 and still win 90.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 24, 2019, 7:47 AM Post
Williams and Jackson have been providing solid work out of the pen recently giving the pen the feel of having a little more depth than they've had all year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 24, 2019, 12:52 PM Post
ABC YALL

ANYONE
BUT
CUBS
CHICAGO
CINCINATTI
CRAPSBURGH

WE GOT THIS! SEE YOU IN OCTOBER!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 24, 2019, 1:53 PM Post
torts said:
ABC YALL

ANYONE
BUT
CUBS
CHICAGO
CINCINATTI
CRAPSBURGH

WE GOT THIS! SEE YOU IN OCTOBER!!!

Clearly you missed one.....
but they are never really out of it in St. Louis....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 31, 2019, 6:23 PM Post
I did! I mean Cardinals not Chicago!

Here we go!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
3 games behind Cubs for second WC spot and four games left against them.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
homer said:
3 games behind Cubs for second WC spot and four games left against them.

Two consecutive shutouts in the cubs home park where they usually play very well. Who woulda thunk?? Wouldn't it be great if the Crew overcame the Cubs for the second WC and listen to their fans moan and cry the entire off season!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2019, 8:22 PM Post
Anyone
But
The
Cubs
Baby!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
Split with the Astros while the Cubs split with the Mariners and then take 3 of 4 this weekend and we have got ourselves a fun few weeks ahead.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 BREWERS OPTIMISM THREAD
Posted: September 02, 2019, 12:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
If our pitching staff continues to not allow any runs I think we will win a lot of games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 02, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
sveumrules said:
If our pitching staff continues to not allow any runs I think we will win a lot of games.

I think you may be on to something!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 02, 2019, 6:33 PM Post
Firstly, this team is due for some good luck. They say all calls good or bad even out over time. If that’s the case, and the baseball gods are keeping track like I am, we are going to get a good amount of game changing calls to go our way in these last 25 games. Definitely looking forward to that.

Our Pitching is really really good. Especially the bullpen. Suter looked as good as ever, Peralta looked as good as he has all year, albeit just a couple batters. We now have 7 pen arms, that as it stands right now, imo, we can reasonably count on to do a good job. Then there’s Nelson Black Albers T Williams D Williams Faria, if one or two of them can join the others > Winning Streak Probable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 02, 2019, 6:50 PM Post
It was great to see Suter complete his comeback. I think he was always very underrated and hopefully he's back full time next year. Replacing 150 inning of subpar pitching with 150 innings of reliable above average Suter will be huge.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next  [ 444 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply