LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Next First Round Pick To Have an Impact?

Online  Re: Next First Round Pick To Have an Impact?

Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:52 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

Oops my mistake.
Good job calling me out on that.
Trees and forest comes to mind though

Give me a break. You are calling on the Brewers to dump one of their top prospects simply because you don't like him, despite the fact that he was their Player of the Year last year. Because he hasn't hit well less than a week into his first run through AAA. And YOU have the nerve to say someone isn't seeing the forest through the trees?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:03 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Oops my mistake.

Give me a break. You are calling on the Brewers to dump one of their top prospects simply because you don't like him, despite the fact that he was their Player of the Year last year. Because he hasn't hit well less than a week into his first run through AAA. And YOU have the nerve to say someone isn't seeing the forest through the trees?

What I said was should have traded him during offseason. Every day that goes buy it’s only gonna get harder and harder to get anything for him. Ok, be brutally honest people, do you really think he’s gonna hit?

Why is the Keon Broxton comparison off? Other that Keon a much much better defender.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:12 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Oops my mistake.

What I said was should have traded him during offseason. Every day that goes buy it’s only gonna get harder and harder to get anything for him. Ok, be brutally honest people, do you really think he’s gonna hit?

Why is the Keon Broxton comparison off? Other that Keon a much much better defender.

Is he ever going to be a .300-type hitter? No, probably not. But I don't see any reason he wouldn't be able to eventually put up seasons with a .250-.260 average, 25-30 HRs and 25-30 SBs, with an OPS of .750+. When combined with the ability to play CF regularly, that holds strong value. All-Star CFs like Cain who provide great defense and a .300 average are rare, which is why his's making the money he is.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
Rays not a plus defender, certainly not for center. I think batting ave high since he’s never hit that high in minors. I hope I’m wrong, and your right.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Next First Round Pick To Have an Impact?

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
If Corey Ray is so terrible, what are you expecting in a return?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:44 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Rays not a plus defender, certainly not for center. I think batting ave high since he’s never hit that high in minors. I hope I’m wrong, and your right.

I never said he was a plus defender ... just that he has the ability to man CF on a regular basis, which is 100% correct. He's got the speed, athleticism and arm to do it, unlike Stokes, who does not have the arm to play CF on a regular basis.

And if you're looking for optimism on his hit tool, look no further than his college stats at Louisville. The ability is there. He's battled injuries throughout his minor league career, and last year was really the first where he could put his tools on display for an extended run.

I think most everyone knew that there would be a learning curve with Ray, as he was more of a raw, projectable prospect coming out of college than a lot of high picks. But the guy has all the ability in the world. It's just a matter of being able to put enough of it together to make himself an MLB asset. I think most everyone was hoping that he'd put things together sooner, but he's only 24 years old, and is playing regularly at the highest level of the minors, so the trajectory is still there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:05 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I never said he was a plus defender ... just that he has the ability to man CF on a regular basis, which is 100% correct. He's got the speed, athleticism and arm to do it, unlike Stokes, who does not have the arm to play CF on a regular basis.

And if you're looking for optimism on his hit tool, look no further than his college stats at Louisville. The ability is there. He's battled injuries throughout his minor league career, and last year was really the first where he could put his tools on display for an extended run.

I think most everyone knew that there would be a learning curve with Ray, as he was more of a raw, projectable prospect coming out of college than a lot of high picks. But the guy has all the ability in the world. It's just a matter of being able to put enough of it together to make himself an MLB asset. I think most everyone was hoping that he'd put things together sooner, but he's only 24 years old, and is playing regularly at the highest level of the minors, so the trajectory is still there.

Ok, just seein box scores lately depressing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:07 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

April box scores are overreaction Red Bull.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:10 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

If that were what you went by, you better get on the trade Huira train pretty fast as he's been pretty awful to start his time in AAA.

These young kids have ups and downs. We see that even when they get to the MLB. Overreaction one way or the other is just generally not good practice.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
I only made mention to both having K problems because thats a reason to hold them down vs call up. They nasically bought themselves another 25 games at minimum down in the minors with this start. You have to show contact skills if youre going to crack Milw's 25man.
On another note. Next 1st round pick to have an impact? Is saying Jeremy Jeffress wrong?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 3:09 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
I can tell you one first round pick that’s NOT gonna make an impact in Milwaukee.

Corey Ray.
Was hoping stearns would of sold high on him this offseason, every game he plays from this point on, trade value goes down. It’s early but he’s on pace to set k records. Another Keon Broxton.

Now of course this is only my opinion, but the scouts I’ve read hate his hit tool. Sell before it’s too late mr stearns, we can do better.

No....no, you literally cannot do that. You have an opinion. People LOVE to conflate the words "opinion" and "fact" all too often.

You've got zero clues what Corey Ray will or will not do in the major leagues unless you've got a magical car that at 88 MPH sends you into the future.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:54 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

If that were what you went by, you better get on the trade Huira train pretty fast as he's been pretty awful to start his time in AAA.

These young kids have ups and downs. We see that even when they get to the MLB. Overreaction one way or the other is just generally not good practice.

After tonight's game, Hiura's AAA OPS is over 1.000...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:55 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Perfect example of small sample sizes in April.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2019, 5:11 AM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

5XBH in 8hits. .600Babip. 13ks\26PAs.

Does now have a walk. Its fun to look at his stats as its like yes, yes, no no!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 27, 2019, 8:49 PM Post
Hirura up to .338 with an OPS over 1.100 now. Still just 3 BB's, but OBP becomes less of a concern when you're hitting .338 with power.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 55 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply