LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brent Suter Tommy John Update (August 4: Transferred to AA Biloxi)

Offline  Re: Brent Suter Tommy John Update (August 4: Transferred to AA Biloxi)

Posted: August 12, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
Does anyone know if Suter is throwing his full repertoire of pitches? Or is he just throwing fastball/change?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 8:46 AM Post
Does anyone know if Suter by chance has improved velocity due to a better ligament? I know sometimes that happens. He's never struck out guys like this before. Man it could be huge if Suter came back in the next couple weeks for the stretch run.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 11:03 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Does anyone know if Suter by chance has improved velocity due to a better ligament? I know sometimes that happens. He's never struck out guys like this before. Man it could be huge if Suter came back in the next couple weeks for the stretch run.

Read on the twitter that his fastball was 85-89 in his last appearance, so no boost in velo at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
PlayerHader said:
Read on the twitter that his fastball was 85-89 in his last appearance, so no boost in velo at this point.

Thanks, I figured that was probably the case...a guy can hope though right?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2019, 8:40 PM Post
Heaiest workload yet 8/15: 2.2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K. 50 pitches, 32 strikes.

Gave up his first hit, but he did complete his rehab assignment no-hitter: No hits in his first 9 IP through six appearances between Rookie, AA, and AAA.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2019, 8:43 PM Post
Pretty damn impressive for a guy coming off of TJ.......almost amazing

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 20, 2019, 7:44 PM Post
Suter just keeps on excelling

4 innings no runs 2 hits 5 ks

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
Suter looks more and more like Tommy John the pitcher every outing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 7:49 AM Post
It was 3 innings but the point still stands. Has been excellent thus far in his rehab.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 9:55 AM Post
Suter could probably come up and help the team in a big way right now. Unfortunately there isn't much fat left to trim from the 40-man to make that happen. If you are going to drop a pitcher, I imagine Wilkerson is #1 on the chopping block, probably followed by Taylor Williams and perhaps Jay Jackson again. I doubt they even consider dropping any of the 40-man catchers, and Saladino is probably the only 40-man infielder on the bubble. In the OF, Stokes and Taylor are perhaps bubble guys. Taylor has finally found something offensively over the last couple weeks, though, and is playing very well. Stokes hasn't been good, but he's young.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 9:57 AM Post
I’m not sure what the hold up is. Wilkerson/Jackson stink and Suter looks ready. Let’s go.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 10:24 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I’m not sure what the hold up is. Wilkerson/Jackson stink and Suter looks ready. Let’s go.

He pitched four innings yesterday so the earliest he can probably pitch is Friday. If he's replacing another pitcher it makes sense to wait until he can actually be used in a game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 11:30 AM Post
If Suter comes up and the Brewers start winning, I think we will confirm that Suter is the chemistry master to make this work. Maybe we need to see what the Brewers record is when he is on the bench versus not in attendance. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 11:51 AM Post
Roster expands in 11 days...I have to think the organization has already reserved his seat on the flight.

My only hope is the club not push him into leverage situations as the bullpen savior; the goal for Suter should be giving him opportunities to pitch, with time off between outings, to allow him a clear off-season to get ready to fight for a starting rotation spot in 2020. If he can help the Crew win games in the interim, that's a bonus.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:57 PM Post
bjkrautk said:
Roster expands in 11 days...I have to think the organization has already reserved his seat on the flight.

My only hope is the club not push him into leverage situations as the bullpen savior; the goal for Suter should be giving him opportunities to pitch, with time off between outings, to allow him a clear off-season to get ready to fight for a starting rotation spot in 2020. If he can help the Crew win games in the interim, that's a bonus.

If Suter needs to come in for a starter in the 5th inning of a 4-1 game and can give us 2-3 clean innings, that's incredibly valuable. Gives us a chance to come back and saves high leverage relievers for better spots. Suter can absolutely help this club down the stretch...even pitching in those types of situations.

I know this isn't the Jimmy Nelson thread, but take a look at his last 5 outings. If he can continue to build on that, we might get some help from him in the bullpen as well. I would have no problem putting Jimmy into higher leverage spots if he can pitch in a couple low leverage MLB spots successfully first.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:59 PM Post
Nothing against Suter, but the fact we are excited for him to be coming back is borderline depressing and really sums up the pitching staff this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 4:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 93760?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Brew4U said:

Crap. At this point, stick him in the rotation and let him get 3 innings every 5 days. Couldn't hurt right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
Counsell says resting Suter is what they do. They sure rested Wilkerson from the overnight flight and back to San Antonio charade. If you buy that I have choice swampland up in the Northwoods for cheap.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 22, 2019, 8:42 AM Post
Brew4U said:
markedman5 said:
Brew4U said:

Crap. At this point, stick him in the rotation and let him get 3 innings every 5 days. Couldn't hurt right now.

This is a unique case that it might actually make sense to have him "open" and have someone like Lyles come in after he hits his restrictions. Theoretically could be a full blown save the bullpen day if both guys are on. Lots of options, but it definitely makes sense to hold off until September.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply