LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Can Yelich hit 50 home runs this season?

Offline  Re: Can Yelich hit 50 home runs this season?

Posted: May 20, 2019, 8:19 AM Post
I don't think he'll be pitched to enough to get to 50. He's intentionally walked and pitched around at least once or twice a game. But he'll get close, likely 45-47. Much more likely is that he walks at least 100 times.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 9:16 AM Post
He definitely COULD get to 50, heck he's on pace for over 60 I believe. If I had to bet over/under on 50...I'd bet pretty heavily on the under. If that line was 45 instead of 50...I'd have to think about it but would probably take the over.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 10:03 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
He definitely COULD get to 50, heck he's on pace for over 60 I believe. If I had to bet over/under on 50...I'd bet pretty heavily on the under. If that line was 45 instead of 50...I'd have to think about it but would probably take the over.

70...he is on pace for 70.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 10:15 AM Post
long ball said:
BruisedCrew said:
I would be interested in seeing Yelich’s spray chart. It seems to me that he isn’t getting as many hits to left and left center as he did last year.

Most of his ground balls are to the pull side, but his balls in the air are well distributed including ~half his homers up the middle or opposite field.

Source: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-p ... isuals-mlb

Seems to me he doesn't really turn on and drive inside pitches very often. His swing seems to be very much up the middle or the other way. Which is certainly odd for a guy who's hitting so many homeruns.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 10:48 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
KeithStone53151 said:

70...he is on pace for 70.

Danggggggggg. I'll take your word for it. I'm still going to stick with my response in general...but crazy that he's on pace for 70.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 1:02 PM Post
Purely by games left to go for the Brewers, Yelich is on pace for 62-63 homers. The week he missed probably skews that number down by a homer or two, but not sure what calculation would put him on pace for 70 at this point.

But yeah, 50 seems very possible at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 1:18 PM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
Purely by games left to go for the Brewers, Yelich is on pace for 62-63 homers. The week he missed probably skews that number down by a homer or two, but not sure what calculation would put him on pace for 70 at this point.

But yeah, 50 seems very possible at this point.

Ahhhhhhh, I forgot he missed all that time. Yes, you would be correct.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2019, 6:33 PM Post
The way I figured his pace at this point was: take his insane 19 hr / 44 games played, cross multiply by x / 113 games remaining, because I want him to be healthy forever and play every single day. Solve for x and add 19 and you get 67.7954, which seems about right.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 11:50 AM Post
From the last 52 team games last year he hit 21 HRs. Through 49 team games this year he has 19 home runs. That's 40 HRs in 100 team games.

That's a 65 HR pace. I would imagine he has a shot at 50 [smile]

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 1:34 PM Post
If the pitchers in major league baseball are real men, as opposed to wimps, I think Yelich could have a very huge year. Part of that is having folks who make them pay for being total cowards and wimps with the intentional walk...

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Can Yelich hit 50 home runs this season?

Posted: May 21, 2019, 1:47 PM Post
clancyphile said:
If the pitchers in major league baseball are real men, as opposed to wimps, I think Yelich could have a very huge year. Part of that is having folks who make them pay for being total cowards and wimps with the intentional walk...

Come on Clancy, you know that there is no pitcher in the majors who decides to intentionally walk a batter. That is coming from the manager 100% of the time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 2:32 PM Post
It almost goes without saying, but Yelich's ability to hit 50-60+ HR is going to be based in-part on the hitters around him. It's a lot harder to walk Yelich if Cain is on first, and if Moustakis, Braun, Grandal, etc. are punishing teams who put an extra runner on-base.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
Random tidbit, Barry Bonds hit 50+ homers, once. Hank Aaron, zero.

Slow and steady wins the race. Kinda amazing the two HR hitters of all time have one single 50+ homer season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2019, 10:19 PM Post
bjkrautk said:
It almost goes without saying, but Yelich's ability to hit 50-60+ HR is going to be based in-part on the hitters around him. It's a lot harder to walk Yelich if Cain is on first, and if Moustakis, Braun, Grandal, etc. are punishing teams who put an extra runner on-base.

True, but intentional walks to Christian Yelich need to be shamed. Vigorously.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2019, 9:20 AM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
Random tidbit, Barry Bonds hit 50+ homers, once. Hank Aaron, zero.

Slow and steady wins the race. Kinda amazing the two HR hitters of all time have one single 50+ homer season.

Sammy Sosa hit 60+ HR three times & never led the league in any of those three seasons.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
At this point 40 seems like a lock and a good change at 50. 60 seems out of range. Especially if he misses time due to his back flaring up time to time.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2019, 4:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
BrewCrewForever said:
At this point 40 seems like a lock and a good change at 50. 60 seems out of range. Especially if he misses time due to his back flaring up time to time.

I'd say anything less than 45 would be a disappointment, honestly. Either because he tails off, or misses a lot of time because of an injury or multiple injuries, 24 more dingers in 100+ games should be easily doable considering his pace.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 27, 2019, 9:57 PM Post
The brewers are at the 1/3 point of the season. Yelich is currently on pace for 63 Hr and 30 SB. He would be the first player in MLB history to do that.

I dont think he will get there as there is a lot of season left, but it is quite amazing the pace he is on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 4:53 AM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:
The brewers are at the 1/3 point of the season. Yelich is currently on pace for 63 Hr and 30 SB. He would be the first player in MLB history to do that.

I dont think he will get there as there is a lot of season left, but it is quite amazing the pace he is on.

And it looks like he has no shot at the MVP, which is amazing!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 6:18 AM Post
Menotti80 said:
ClosetBrewerFan said:

And it looks like he has no shot at the MVP, which is amazing!

Whole lot of season left. A lot can happen. Bellinger isn't Hercules.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply