LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Alex Claudio

Offline  Re: Alex Claudio

Posted: May 26, 2019, 11:28 AM Post
sveumrules said:
I remember trwi7 saying we should have just gotten Luis Avilan & saved the pick. Take a gander at his stats.

Avilan vs LHB: .154/.313/.231
Avilan vs RHB: .429/.477/.686

Claudio vs LHB: .136/.240/.227
Claudio vs RHB: .361/.425/.722

Stats seem pretty similar, no? At the very least not enough of a difference to give up the 41st pick in the draft.

I also suggested Tony Sipp who has this weird reverse split going on right now (.750 OPS vs LHB, .500 vs RHP), Oliver Perez .222/.276/.370 vs LHB and .250/.333/.458 vs RHB and Jake Diekman, who is shutting down both righties and lefties and only got $2.75 million guaranteed with $500,000 in incentives.

Like I said, there were plenty of options out there that could do what Claudio can that cost only a couple million and don't cost a draft pick.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Alex Claudio

Posted: May 26, 2019, 1:30 PM Post
I have know idea why a front office and manager as smart as ours would continue to use Claudio to face right handed hitters. I’m hoping Saturday’s game the last time we see that this year unless it’s in mop up role.

Claudio is a very unique pitcher, and will be a true weapon if used as the Loogy only.

The fact that lefty’s can’t hit him is one positive.
The fact that if only facing lefty’s he can pitch in every game is also a positive.
And finally he throws the ball so slow it messes with some of the hitters timing, helping the next reliever.

As far as losing the 38th pick in the draft, if we get 3 years of the Loogy only version of Claudio then it was another good trade by Stearn’s & co.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Alex Claudio

Posted: May 26, 2019, 9:13 PM Post
Why is Doug Melvin out of a job as the Brewers GM? Mainly, because the pipeline of talent he built dried up.
Sure, the player selected by Texas with the Competitive Balance A pick is not a sure bet to see the majors, but statistically most players in the majors come from the top couple of rounds, rather than picks outside of the first 100 or so.

When the Brewers had a LOOGY like Cedeno under team control, this is just a unwise gamble

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply