LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hader-Closing Out Games

Offline  Hader-Closing Out Games

Posted: May 28, 2019, 6:13 AM Post
When are the Brewers going to give Hader some music and board displays when he enters a game. Trevor Hoffman's Hells Bells was awesome; Jonathan Broxton's Iron Man in Kansas City was even better. Are closer entrances a thing of the past?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader-Closing Out Games

Posted: May 28, 2019, 6:33 AM Post
Hader could be the first to have a last out-getter entrance song.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
Is Renegade not a closer enough song?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 8:25 AM Post
I am also a steelers fan and Renegade is used their to get the fans fired up. But I sure songs are used across leagues anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 11:57 AM Post
I think I read it here but the Darth Vader theme music (The Imperial March) would be a good fit for Josh. I have heard it around other sporting events but don't know if a closer has used it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 11:57 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
I am also a steelers fan and Renegade is used their to get the fans fired up. But I sure songs are used across leagues anyway.

I question the sanity of anyone that gets fired up when they hear Renegade. There are literally thousands of other better crappy 70's, 80's, hair metal, whatever songs you could choose from.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
For a AAAA pitcher, Burch Smith has a top-class entrance song with Led Zeppelin’s “When the Levee Breaks”. Hader could use something that level.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 12:53 PM Post
I think if Hoffman is ever here, visiting with the Padres, they should play "Hells Bells", just for kicks.

Last edited by Zad Fnark on May 30, 2019, 1:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 2:20 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
brewmann04 said:

I question the sanity of anyone that gets fired up when they hear Renegade. There are literally thousands of other better crappy 70's, 80's, hair metal, whatever songs you could choose from.

[laughing] [laughing]

I don't mind the song in particular, but a former coach and teacher of mine who I worked with during summers in HS and College(he owned a side business) loved exactly that type of music. The big hair music, particularly the 80's. The worst decade for music in my opinion. Of course he thinks I'm nuts, but a lot of it is hard to listen to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2019, 6:56 PM Post
I'd like to hear the Imperial March song from Star Wars for Darth Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2019, 9:10 AM Post
Pitchers, in general, pick their own music to come out to - the same way hitters pick their own walk up music. Josh could change it anytime he wanted.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 29, 2019, 6:35 PM Post
BrewersSuperCollector said:

Oh man, this would be perfect.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 12:24 PM Post
I always liked Turnbow coming out to Metallica's Fuel.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Hader-Closing Out Games

Posted: May 30, 2019, 12:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
HiAndTight said:
jerichoholicninja said:
brewmann04 said:

[laughing] [laughing]

I don't mind the song in particular, but a former coach and teacher of mine who I worked with during summers in HS and College(he owned a side business) loved exactly that type of music. The big hair music, particularly the 80's. The worst decade for music in my opinion. Of course he thinks I'm nuts, but a lot of it is hard to listen to.

BANNED [smile]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 1:01 PM Post
I have been attempting to get a closer/reliever to enter to enter to the Phantom of the Opera Overature since Turnbow. So far no luck but I have not talked to Hader yet. Most of the guys I have talked to seem confused so this year when I went to ST I had it loaded up on my phone but I had no contact with Hader/Knebel, or Jeffress.

Check it out it is literally perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhttZz9lmpk

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 1:24 PM Post
BrewCrewForever said:
BrewersSuperCollector said:

Oh man, this would be perfect.

This has to be used in other parks, right? It just seems too obvious now that someone mentioned it.

Guessing his May 4th name is Darth Hader, right? I like the Star Wars themes and all that, the only thing is May 4th is my birthday, so I get inundated with bad Star Wars puns and jokes on facebook.

But the imperial march...man, that's just awesome.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 14, 2019, 7:13 AM Post
Hader's HR/9 is now up to an eye-popping 2.10. I don't see the home run number as a bit flukish either. Hader's GB% is 22.8%, that is the lowest in MLB for pitchers with 40+ innings. He is the most extreme K and FB pitcher in the game. The 24.1% HR/FB looks like a "bad luck" figure on paper, but I don't know how anyone could see it as bad luck when watching the games. He's basically 90% fastball, and the opposition has figured that out and it's obvious that hitters are sitting on fastballs low in the zone that they can handle and then just launching them.

In his last 14 appearances, Hader has pitched 15 innings, given up 10 earned runs (ERA = 6.00) and allowed 7 home runs.

I am encouraged that the slider rate seems to be moving up. IMO, moving forward, % of sliders thrown needs to end up in the 20-25% range. That 90% fastball worked for a pretty good stretch but it's obvious that MLB hitters have figured out what he's trying to do and have made the adjustment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 14, 2019, 7:17 AM Post
The juiced ball maybe makes that HR/FB% look not as much luck-based. Should probably be down from that high # a bit, sure, but if the ball stays like this, maybe not so much.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 14, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
bill hAll Star said:
The juiced ball maybe makes that HR/FB% look not as much luck-based. Should probably be down from that high # a bit, sure, but if the ball stays like this, maybe not so much.

I mean Chase Anderson has always been homer prone and his personal HR rate didn't spike to the moon. Is a juiced ball really making the ball fly 40 feet farther? It isn't like Hader is giving up wall scrapers.

He should probably worry about not throwing his fastball knee high down the middle of the plate. That is probably a bigger issue for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 14, 2019, 8:17 AM Post
Or throw slider first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply