LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 17 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

How nice would this look in our rotation this year?

Offline  How nice would this look in our rotation this year?

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:28 PM Post
Without looking it up, anyone with an idea who this is?

GS -11
IP - 58.1
W-L: 7-2
ERA 2.16
K - 61
WHIP - 0.99

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: How nice would this look in our rotation this year?

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
Davies

5-3 in 12 starts
1.14 whip
54 K

Woulda been nice too

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 3:50 PM Post
Odorizzi

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 4:32 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Odorizzi

Who is mine?

Clue older and at half the cost.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
I wish they would have resigned Wade Miley.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:42 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Odorizzi

We have a winner!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:42 PM Post
turborickey said:
Without looking it up, anyone with an idea who this is?

GS -11
IP - 58.1
W-L: 7-2
ERA 2.16
K - 61
WHIP - 0.99

Odorizzi has been great this year which is crazy because he wasn't good at all last year and really before that. He wouldn't have been in the rotation to start the year but would have been the anderson out of the bullpen and would have definitely had a chance to start.

There are quite a few reclamation projects that would have looked nice so far. It will be interesting to see what we are saying in august

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
justwinbaby said:
I wish they would have resigned Wade Miley.

Yup that's my blind stats.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 5:50 PM Post
I was and am still ticked they didn’t sign Miley. Can you imagine the difference if we had Miley in stead of a Burnes/Peralta in the rotation to start the year? Wow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I was and am still ticked they didn’t sign Miley. Can you imagine the difference if we had Miley in stead of a Burnes/Peralta in the rotation to start the year? Wow.

I thought he was a for sure resign. I can't complain about our big signing of Grandal and Moose. Our offense would be in trouble without them but not signing Miley was a big blow. Maybe he wanted to be in Houston but still

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 6:51 PM Post
Miley was a free agent.... perhaps he simply wanted to be at a few other places.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
rickh150 said:
Miley was a free agent.... perhaps he simply wanted to be at a few other places.

Perhaps we didn’t pony up the money. Sure we don’t know why he didn’t sign here or if we even offered him a contract...but 99% of cases money talks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 7:12 PM Post
I figured at least one of the 3 youngsters would flop out of the gate in the starting role, thus I wanted either Miley or Gio. We missed them both, then we half fixed that miss by picking up Gio late. If they were confident that Nelson was going to come back strong then I get not signing either right away, but it still seemed a bit risky.

With Chacin's poor start we still aren't anywhere near having a settled rotation. Woodruff and Davies are locked in for the next month anyway, then we'll see who emerges at that point. I love the fierce competition. Everybody knows they are going to get a fair shot and it is probable that we are going to end up with quality numbers at the end of the year once everything shakes out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 02, 2019, 10:36 PM Post
Oxy said:
I figured at least one of the 3 youngsters would flop out of the gate in the starting role, thus I wanted either Miley or Gio. We missed them both, then we half fixed that miss by picking up Gio late. If they were confident that Nelson was going to come back strong then I get not signing either right away, but it still seemed a bit risky.

With Chacin's poor start we still aren't anywhere near having a settled rotation. Woodruff and Davies are locked in for the next month anyway, then we'll see who emerges at that point. I love the fierce competition. Everybody knows they are going to get a fair shot and it is probable that we are going to end up with quality numbers at the end of the year once everything shakes out.

Not sure why Anderson doesn't get the love he's due. He's never posted an ERA north of 4.39 and has a 3.86 career ERA and has been a 3.68 ERA in MKE. There's zero reason to remove him from this years rotation. 3 are locked in. I also would pitch Gio every start he's healthy for.

Chacin, Nelson are totally up in the air.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
TJseven7 said:
Oxy said:

Not sure why Anderson doesn't get the love he's due. He's never posted an ERA north of 4.39 and has a 3.86 career ERA and has been a 3.68 ERA in MKE. There's zero reason to remove him from this years rotation. 3 are locked in. I also would pitch Gio every start he's healthy for.

Chacin, Nelson are totally up in the air.

There are two reasons I'd consider Anderson to the pen:
-his velocity goes up in relief
-he's struggled with pitch efficiency.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 4:32 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

I was very surprised they were comfortable starting the season with Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta in the rotation especially after losing Knebel and having Jeffress shut down. Gio and Miley could both have been had for little money, yet Stearns chose to roll with the status quo and it didn't take long to scramble for bodies and pick up outside options. This was a head scratcher from the beginning.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 03, 2019, 6:11 PM Post
MrTPlush said:

I felt the same and Miley signed for under 5 million which is pocket change for a competent starting pitcher.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 17 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply