LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

19 pennant

Offline  19 pennant

Posted: June 23, 2019, 3:49 PM Post
The 19 pennant was lost in the two weeks since Hiura went down, playing against the weakest teams. They will not win 13 in a row at the end of the year to cover this up.

The Super Two is irrelevant when a team’s window is as short as this one, and the minor league talent has slipped so far down.

Online  Re: 19 pennant

Posted: June 23, 2019, 3:54 PM Post
Better tell the Astros they are done too. They just ended a seven game losing streak. They should probably just start selling honestly.

Offline  Re: 19 pennant

Posted: June 23, 2019, 4:15 PM Post
What the heck is going on around here... honestly?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: June 23, 2019, 4:20 PM Post
Brew4U said:
What the heck is going on around here... honestly?

It has somehow gotten worse with us winning the last two lol. I get that the last couple weeks have been frustrating but the response has been pretty ridiculous...

Posted: June 23, 2019, 4:34 PM Post
This is kinda funny to me. Remember this type of nonsense before the ASB last year? We lost 5 in a row to a middling Pirates team?

My god...this 8-8 stretch...how will we ever come back from that!

But it's not even that horrible losing streak, it's hole we've dug ourselves! We're a whole .5 games out of the division as opposed to....(well, I guess we were .5 games back 16 games ago, but still, this half of a game is much worse!).

Also, can people please explain to me why our window is so tiny? Seems to me like we've got a nice 3-4 year window and there is plenty to like in our farm system unless you don't look any further than team rankings.

What have we "stripped" out of it? We've graduated quite a few guys. Guys who look very good despite not being all that highly rated(Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta among others).

I get the frustration with Hiura. I argued with people before the season that he'd hit right out of the gate and be a stud. He was. But it's hardly a shock that the Brewers didn't want to give up on a guy who'd put up ~8.5 WAR over the previous two seasons. I'd honestly rather they give guys who performed that well for them a little extra rope than be extremely reactionary.

Shaw hasn't started to hit and as such, he'll likely be calling SA home in the near future, but we didn't cost ourselves the 2019 Pennant. Calm down and think about it a bit more rationally. We're fine.

Posted: June 23, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
They’re a half game out of 1st...

Posted: June 23, 2019, 5:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
OnTheBlack said:
This is kinda funny to me. Remember this type of nonsense before the ASB last year? We lost 5 in a row to a middling Pirates team?

The 5 straight losses to the Pirates prior to the All-Star break last year is certainly what resonates with everyone, but at the start of August last year (Aug. 1 to Aug. 18) the Brewers lost 10 of 15 games.

I won’t argue that they’ve been playing great baseball lately, but they haven’t done anything worth proclaiming the “pennant lost” at this point.

Posted: June 23, 2019, 6:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Totally thought this was going to be about how they're running out of space in left field so we'll have to put the 19 pennant somewhere else.

Posted: June 23, 2019, 6:34 PM Post
Has a team ever made up a 0.5 game deficit with 84 games to go?

Posted: June 23, 2019, 7:46 PM Post
I am really enjoying this team and the last couple of years. It's been my experience that newer Brewers fans get more pessimistic not realizing there will be slumps and the baseball season is a marathon.

Posted: June 23, 2019, 8:00 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Nothing new here that isn’t discussed in other places...locking this thread.

[ 11 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply