LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 38 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned

Offline    rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 04, 2019, 9:03 AM Post

Roster Guru
deolis (day-oh-lis) guerra had his contract selected from san antonio. aaron wilkerson optioned there.

guerra is out of minor league options, and has been outrighted to the minor leagues before.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 04, 2019, 9:28 AM Post
Wouldn’t have guessed this guy. Smith or Jackson, yes. Meh move for me, but we’ll see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 9:36 AM Post
Will be interesting to see what he can do. 9.4 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 1.14 WHIP in over 300 AAA innings, but a 4.41 FIP in 95 MLB innings. If he sticks, he sticks. If not, I think this is the last MiLB reliever the Brewers should cycle through....if Guerra fails it's time to go out and make a trade.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 9:52 AM Post
Good numbers. But only way I can see him over Jackson or just re-calling Hart and saving the 40-man spot is if he's not expected to be around long...easy DFA if they trade for a bullpen arm. Also lets them move up an arm from the loaded Biloxi bullpen. Also got to wonder how long Williams is going to be on the 40 man if he can be dominant in AAA and they make a move like this over giving him another shot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 9:53 AM Post
JosephC said:
Will be interesting to see what he can do. 9.4 K/9, 2.6 BB/9, 1.14 WHIP in over 300 AAA innings, but a 4.41 FIP in 95 MLB innings. If he sticks, he sticks. If not, I think this is the last MiLB reliever the Brewers should cycle through....if Guerra fails it's time to go out and make a trade.

That needs to be done regardless, and probably should have been done already

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 10:07 AM Post
folly412 said:
Good numbers. But only way I can see him over Jackson or just re-calling Hart and saving the 40-man spot is if he's not expected to be around long...easy DFA if they trade for a bullpen arm. Also lets them move up an arm from the loaded Biloxi bullpen. Also got to wonder how long Williams is going to be on the 40 man if he can be dominant in AAA and they make a move like this over giving him another shot.

I believe DEVON Williams to be an option at some point past his futures game this Sunday. Having a great year, and has high leverage stuff, FB 95-98, good breaking ball.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned

Posted: July 04, 2019, 1:11 PM Post
any chance can he hit better than Saladino

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
folly412 said:

I believe DEVON Williams to be an option at some point past his futures game this Sunday. Having a great year, and has high leverage stuff, FB 95-98, good breaking ball.

Devin Williams went from a starter in 2018 to a reliever this year. So far the switch has been a huge success. Big K numbers at AA. I'd like to see him moved up to San Antonio to see how his stuff plays out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
folly412 said:

Deolis Guerra has had more success at the major league level than any arm in AAA. He was quite useful for the Angels in 2016 (3.21 ERA, 1.106 WHIP, 5 to 1 K/BB ratio). He had 21 K's and 2 BB in June. This should not be a surprise.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 04, 2019, 5:05 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
folly412 said:

Is the 95-98 legit? Does he operate there? I thought he was more low 90s.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 05, 2019, 10:23 PM Post
With 12 spots accounted for and 3 open, assuming that thanasis signs tomorrow, I’d be happy with carter and one of the summer league guys mentioned earlier.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 5:50 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
With 12 spots accounted for and 3 open, assuming that thanasis signs tomorrow, I’d be happy with carter and one of the summer league guys mentioned earlier.

D. Guerra may have a better chance being on the Bucks roster than throwing another pitch for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 6:00 AM Post
Seems a little overblown. His outing wasn’t that bad.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 6:09 AM Post
Brew4U said:

The baby seal that became my wallet had a better day when he met that Canadian fisherman than Deolis Guerra had last night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 6:20 AM Post
Soft contact until the homer really. Making a judgement on a guy based on one outing is pretty silly. And the baby seal comment is just douchey.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
I hope they send Deolis back down...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 7:17 AM Post
Brew4U said:

I thought he made one bad pitch to Bell and other than that yeah. Between Deolis and Junior I thought Junior was far worse last night. Deolis unfortunately just didn't have any luck. Sometimes stuff doesn't show up in the box scores.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
Austin Tatious said:

Is the 95-98 legit? Does he operate there? I thought he was more low 90s.

Yes it is. Williams said in future games article he actually hit 100mph for the first time in a game a few weeks ago. He is definitely a power arm who can now just max out due to switch to bullpen. Glad he is healthy & thriving!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:23 AM Post
This is one of days that everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when deolis made is his debut with the brewers

This story will be passed down for generations

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
And he's gone.

@Brewers
RHP Burch Smith has been recalled from Triple-A San Antonio. RHP Deolis Guerra was designated for assignment. The 40-man roster is at 39.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 38 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply