LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 38 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned

Author Message
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#21

Posted: July 06, 2019, 11:30 AM Post
Posts: 4396
YoungGeezy1 said:
Austin Tatious said:

Is the 95-98 legit? Does he operate there? I thought he was more low 90s.


Yes it is. Williams said in future games article he actually hit 100mph for the first time in a game a few weeks ago. He is definitely a power arm who can now just max out due to switch to bullpen. Glad he is healthy & thriving!


The Crew could sure use Devin this year...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#22

Posted: July 06, 2019, 11:44 AM Post
Posts: 1988
Surhoff5 said:
And he's gone.

@Brewers
RHP Burch Smith has been recalled from Triple-A San Antonio. RHP Deolis Guerra was designated for assignment. The 40-man roster is at 39.


This time probably got it right, impressive in that extra inning Cubbies game at Wrigley, at least to me, even though he gave up that game winning big fly to Contreras. Can give us 3-4 innings if needed too.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#23

Posted: July 06, 2019, 12:12 PM Post
Posts: 414
What the heck kind of name is Burch anyways?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#24

Posted: July 06, 2019, 12:30 PM Post
Posts: 4396
Brew4U said:
Soft contact until the homer really. Making a judgement on a guy based on one outing is pretty silly. And the baby seal comment is just douchey.


Umm... four runs in 2/3 of an inning is really bad.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#25

Posted: July 06, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Even sooner than expected. Now just give him the outright release. They still have to get Williams, Griep, and Ponce into AAA and don't need to be blocked by journeymen.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#26

Posted: July 06, 2019, 12:51 PM Post
Posts: 189
Honestly, if he pitches the last out with empty bases and the Brewers win 6-5, he might still be on the team, barely.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#27

Posted: July 06, 2019, 1:28 PM Post
Posts: 3672
clancyphile said:
Brew4U said:
Soft contact until the homer really. Making a judgement on a guy based on one outing is pretty silly. And the baby seal comment is just douchey.


Umm... four runs in 2/3 of an inning is really bad.

As someone said, there are some things that don't show up in the box score, like a couple of hard luck hits that just found the right spot out of someone's reach. One bad pitch cost him three of those four runs. Junior was worse if you ask me.

As for Burch, I'll believe it when I see it, as with literally all of our AAA call ups.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#28

Posted: July 06, 2019, 2:46 PM Post
Posts: 3400
clancyphile said:
Brew4U said:
Soft contact until the homer really. Making a judgement on a guy based on one outing is pretty silly. And the baby seal comment is just douchey.


Umm... four runs in 2/3 of an inning is really bad.

Umm... so is making comments with zero context.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#29

Posted: July 06, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9697
that was quick and expected


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#30

Posted: July 06, 2019, 3:11 PM Post
Posts: 189
It's kind of a tough call. 3 singles, one soft, one infield, but making outs as well. The first two guys were down 0-2. His location was fine. IMO, Burch is probably equivalent. Whether it is worth exposing Guerra to the waiver wire after one unlucky start is debatable.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#31

Posted: July 06, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9697
these guys are 4 a guys at the very best.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#32

Posted: July 06, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
Posts: 2832
These are fringe guys so yes they have to produce in small samples no context needed. That is professional sports.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#33

Posted: July 10, 2019, 5:32 PM Post

Roster Guru
Posts: 2682
deolis guerra has cleared waivers and has been outrighted to the minor leagues.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#34

Posted: July 12, 2019, 9:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Should have just released him. Now Griep sent back to AA despite being more than ready for AAA. So a 30 year old journeyman is blocking someone with potential to be a good bullpen arm for us in the future. Silly.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#35

Posted: July 12, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
Posts: 1988
folly412 said:
Should have just released him. Now Griep sent back to AA despite being more than ready for AAA. So a 30 year old journeyman is blocking someone with potential to be a good bullpen arm for us in the future. Silly.


Yes, Stearns obsessive compulsive disorder with regards to Depth, has hurt the organization this year. The stupid bullpen shuttle(Barnes Williams Wilson Petricka etc.) Is a good example.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#36

Posted: July 12, 2019, 9:29 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7954
Brew crew 92 said:
folly412 said:
Should have just released him. Now Griep sent back to AA despite being more than ready for AAA. So a 30 year old journeyman is blocking someone with potential to be a good bullpen arm for us in the future. Silly.


Yes, Stearns obsessive compulsive disorder with regards to Depth, has hurt the organization this year. The stupid bullpen shuttle(Barnes Williams Wilson Petricka etc.) Is a good example.


That same strategy worked very, very well for them last year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#37

Posted: July 12, 2019, 10:21 PM Post
Posts: 7881
PeaveyFury said:
Brew crew 92 said:
folly412 said:
Should have just released him. Now Griep sent back to AA despite being more than ready for AAA. So a 30 year old journeyman is blocking someone with potential to be a good bullpen arm for us in the future. Silly.


Yes, Stearns obsessive compulsive disorder with regards to Depth, has hurt the organization this year. The stupid bullpen shuttle(Barnes Williams Wilson Petricka etc.) Is a good example.


That same strategy worked very, very well for them last year.


Peavey, I think its obvious some folks would rather we use Claudio, Hader, and Jeffress in games that we're trailing by 2+ runs, thus making them unavailable in some games where we could REALLY use them.

Seriously, the same bullpen train worked really well last year. Unfortunately when Knebel went down, we also lost our 6-7 inning guy (Hader) and we haven't sufficiently replaced him. Albers, Williams, and many others have struggled at times getting us to the 8th inning, and it doesn't help that when Hader allows a hit, it's likely to be a homer


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: rhp deolis guerra contract selected; aaron wilkerson optioned
#38

Posted: July 12, 2019, 10:49 PM Post
Posts: 1988
Starters can go past 69 pitches and 5 innings when pitching well, or past 90 pitches, even 100, 110.

When you purposely pitch the pen more than any team in baseball, it better not have the likes of Barnes Williams Petricka pitching meaningful innings out of the pen.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 38 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eye Black, Manty Brewer Fan, Surhoff5, The 'stache and 15 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test