LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next  [ 267 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

Offline  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: January 07, 2021, 8:14 PM Post
I think it all comes down to if there will be fans in the stands. Braun probably wants, and definitely deserves, a final game at AmFam where he can be taken out in like the 7th inning to a standing ovation. Why come back to an empty stadium? He just did that last year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2021, 9:00 PM Post
I think it came up at one point and he certainly does not care for any standing ovation or “going out” party stuff.

He does, however, want fans in the stands and a normal baseball season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 09, 2021, 10:16 AM Post
jjgott said:
I think it all comes down to if there will be fans in the stands. Braun probably wants, and definitely deserves, a final game at AmFam where he can be taken out in like the 7th inning to a standing ovation. Why come back to an empty stadium? He just did that last year.

He deserves a "Joe Mauer" moment. Mauer caught his last inning in the big leagues. If he does return, let him play an inning at 3B on his final day.

The Packers getting approval for 6,000 fans in the playoff games is a start. I can't see any reason that by opening day there's not 25% capacity by opening day even if you have to fans entering the park showing proof of being vaccinated.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 09, 2021, 2:51 PM Post
His “Joe Mauer” moment would have to be an inning at SS. Pretty sure before the 2020 season or maybe 2019 he thought he could play SS.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 09, 2021, 3:05 PM Post
I can't for the life of me remember the details but there was a time where suddenly the Brewers had no MLB shortstops available. I remember Braun really trying to get a shot at it to finish out the game. They made a move the next day to cover until someone came off the DL and I recall wondering if it was possible they were going to bring CC out of the office to play a few games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 10, 2021, 11:08 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
I think it came up at one point and he certainly does not care for any standing ovation or “going out” party stuff.

He does, however, want fans in the stands and a normal baseball season.

I think he would like closure, a loud standing ovation at Miller Park, and all that "going out" stuff. This is Ryan Braun for crying out loud, and I think we know, for right or wrong, his pride and swag. He'll get all this in time..... just has to be a bit patient.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 10, 2021, 1:43 PM Post
A look back on his 5 year, $105M contract extension. I didn't do any deep analysis but I was curious about it. Graph shows Braun's value relative to MLB free agency according to Fangraphs, and shows that he was a good value in 2016 but a bad value all of the other years and overall.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 10, 2021, 2:44 PM Post
Can you take 2020 out of it and see the overall then?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 10, 2021, 5:16 PM Post
Would the Brewers want to risk Braun leaving the field to a chorus of boos? Depending on the opposing team for the game I think the idea that he'd leave to a rousing and standing ovation isn't a guarantee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 11, 2021, 8:43 AM Post
Global Moderator
If the Brewers are looking for the "Braun should retire as a Brewer" sentiment, then they can always sign him to a one-day contract when he's ready to retire so he can announce his retirement in a Brewer uniform.

They should only sign him to a one-year deal if they think it helps the team. Resources are scarce this offseason, so they shouldn't be used for sentimental reasons. I think that with Yelich, Cain, and Garcia as our starting OFs, the Brewers will probably spend their resources elsewhere. It would probably be unwise to go with Urias at 3B and Vogelbach at 1B, but spend money to bring Braun back as a 4th OF.

If Braun decides to play one more year, it probably won't be in Milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 01, 2021, 7:08 PM Post
It very well may be that Milwaukee does not have the money to sign anyone; or that the players available are not to their liking.

If this is the team that we're going to field, I hope Braun comes back for one last season. Certainly a pennant race would be preferable; however, I could also find a Braun farewell tour entertaining.

Field a competitive team. But if they can't do that, they could at least let us cheer a Brewer legend off into the sunset.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 02, 2021, 10:20 AM Post
https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1356613693115670528

I feel like if the universal DH is brought back, the Brewers will announce Braun's return 5 minutes later.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 02, 2021, 12:55 PM Post
I'm sure awaiting the official news of the DH and then wham, he's back!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 5:25 PM Post
https://www.mlb.com/news/ryan-braun-not ... in-playing

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 5:37 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://www.mlb.com/news/ryan-braun-not-currently-interested-in-playing

[sad]

As a father of two young girls under 3, as well as someone who is currently having to come into the office every single day during the pandemic, I get the pull to stay home, especially during this time.

Still though...Ryan Braun Forever. Would be a true bummer for him to not go out to Miller Park/AmFam Field and get the standing ovation from a sold out stadium.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: February 09, 2021, 5:38 PM Post
With the word on no DH this year and the lack of interest from Braun, I think he has played his last inning for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 6:15 PM Post
He’s just playing hard to get. #RyanBraunForever

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 6:25 PM Post
Meh, never been a big Braun fan. Not because of the PED stuff, I assume all MLB players are cheating but not yet caught. He has been dealing with core muscle issues for at least a decade. His skills have been in a steady decline for a while. Might as well move on.

He has made a lot of money and I think he has always been cognoscenti of the value of money so I assume he is well taken care of in that respect. He has no reason to come back unless it is for a ring.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 6:34 PM Post
He's been 'continuing to work out and stay in shape" but he is not in the best shape of his career. Pass.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 09, 2021, 6:40 PM Post
I think it's more about the team not being to keen to bring Braun back rather than the other way around. Or at least, they're not wanting to bring him back in a role or salary that he'll want, in which case he's happy to retire. Ryan and the team are both keeping the door open and not burning any bridges, but I expect him to retire. And I'm perfectly allright with that. Time to move on.

Unless this is all just a way for him to avoid most of ST, which we know he dislikes.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next  [ 267 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply