LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 267 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

Offline  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: February 10, 2021, 9:21 AM Post
The Reds were the February favorites last year.

The Phillies were the February favorites in 2019.

How did things work out for them?

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 10, 2021, 9:29 AM Post
I just can't believe that this has to be explained every offseason as to how the game of baseball works and that the best team on paper often doesn't win. I can't imagine being a fan of any team/sport and having that kind of attitude months before a season begins. Especially when we know how competitive this franchise has been over the last few years to a decade. It just doesn't compute to me.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 10, 2021, 2:01 PM Post
It wouldn't take a miracle for us to be better than the Dodgers in 2021 even on paper. Just need a core of players to match the seasons they have already produced within the last 2-3 years, including Yelich having another MVP year and Woodruff/Burnes both pitching at their best. Obviously that's not guaranteed, but this is not far fetched.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 10, 2021, 2:16 PM Post
I have zero interest in bringing back a 37 year old whose skills have eroded to the replacement level and who says two weeks before Spring Training starts, "I’m not currently interested in playing."

Does that sound like a recipe for success?

I wouldn't touch Braun with a barge pole.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 10, 2021, 2:27 PM Post
I'd sign Braun for the right (low) price. He had a very good year in 2019. I don't have any doubts he can give you 250 good at bats. It all depends on what the alternative is. I'd rather have Braun than Ben Gamel. And I'd want to skip ST too. I couldn't care less about that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 10, 2021, 2:31 PM Post
umphrey said:
A look back on his 5 year, $105M contract extension. I didn't do any deep analysis but I was curious about it. Graph shows Braun's value relative to MLB free agency according to Fangraphs, and shows that he was a good value in 2016 but a bad value all of the other years and overall.

How on earth could FA/WAR be higher in other years than in 2020?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 5:18 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Heh - Cryptic post from Mrs. Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 5:20 PM Post
He’s back!!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 5:31 PM Post
Of course he's a shell of himself and this probably speaks more to how poorly the rest of the team has hit the last two years, but Braun was probably around 3rd-4th best hitter on the team at through those years. The term replacement level seems to be get taken a bit too literally at times as the Brewers certainly haven't had much success at it lately. I'm fairly optimistic on some bounce backs this year though so I'd be really disappointed if he was 3rdish on the team this year.

I think the no DH thing killed it for him along with there is still going to be a lot of covid limitations going on, which he clearly hated. Yea wouldn't be the worst September call up though if they need a depth/PH. Give him 2-3 weeks of prep time in August to get ready.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 6:51 PM Post
Mass Haas said:

Without going all Favre Watch:

Read further down in the comments. Mrs. Braun responds to a poster who asked if she could share Ryan a little so we can hear his name as a Brewer one last time.

Mrs. Braun's response: "Happy to do that if/when the time comes [smile]"

See you in RF on Opening Day Ryan.

Last edited by Warning Track Power on February 18, 2021, 9:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:24 PM Post
Get that damn DH already and let’s play ball!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:51 PM Post
One year, $5 million. Win-win for everyone and let’s go. Mark A and Braun will figure out a dollar figure that works for everyone. I think he will want to play. His tank is not empty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:52 PM Post
If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar who played us all for fools. He deserves no applause.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:55 PM Post
Axman59 said:
If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar. He deserves no applause.

Whoa guys watch out!!!

Lessgo ryan! One more season!! Doooo iiiitttt!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:56 PM Post
Axman59 said:
If Braun comes back I will be sure to buy a ticket so I can boo him lustily in person. The guy is a cheater and a liar who played us all for fools. He deserves no applause.

Let it go man, let it goooooooooooooooooooooo!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:57 PM Post
Axman59 said:

Go for it. You and two other myopic people who think a mistake defines a person. It must be nice to be mistake-free so that you are free to be so judgmental. Judging the entire body of work, Ryan was great for the Brewers. Not good. Great.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 8:58 PM Post
What a shame if he never gets the proper send-off...

I want him back for one more year. Surely we can work him into some kind of a rotation.

He's a top 2 player in Brewers history, he deserves to go out like it!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:07 PM Post
Yes Axman.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:08 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
Axman59 said:

Go for it. You and two other myopic people who think a mistake defines a person. It must be nice to be mistake-free so that you are free to be so judgmental. Judging the entire body of work, Ryan was great for the Brewers. Not good. Great.

A mistake is taking PED's. Giving a sanctimonious "I didn't use PED's and the urine collector is the bad guy" speech in Spring Training is the mark of a truly despicable person. Braun is a piece of garbage. Good riddance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:12 PM Post
We're gonna have an argument about Braun juicing like 9 years after the fact? Lol.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 267 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply