LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

Offline  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: October 22, 2020, 9:51 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
djoctagone said:
owbc said:
I would like to see an Ichiro-style farewell. Sign Braun to a one-week contract and get him a couple of low leverage ABs in front of the fans.

make it a 10-day contract (for reasons outlined here), and it's easier for the club to maintain organizational depth.

Huh. I'd rather sign him in on August 31st and give him 100 high leverage ABs including a playoff spot.

Can a 37 year old Braun stay healthy for 100 ABs? It doesn't seem like it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 23, 2020, 9:45 AM Post
owbc said:
Can a 37 year old Braun stay healthy for 100 ABs? It doesn't seem like it.

Should that be in blue? Otherwise, it's such hyperbole. Hell, he had over 140 PA's this past season in a weird one, let alone having over 500 in 2019.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 10:15 PM Post
Per TH: Brett Phillips said he had some 500 text messages from well wishers after winning Game 4 of World Series, including one from former #Brewers teammate Ryan Braun. "I didn't go to bed until 4 a.m. after replaying to every single one of those messages."

Pay the man.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2020, 11:18 PM Post
Braun's bat just isn't good enough anymore to prioritize making a roster spot for him. Our OF depth isn't great but you've got Cain back next year, obviously Yelich and Garcia.

It was a weird season but Braun was barely average offensively with a 101 OPS+ and a meager. 281 OBP. He's just very replaceable at this point in his career and you are probably just as well off production-wise giving Taylor his spot. I know he can still come up with some big hits at times but when you look at the whole statistical picture there's just not enough there anymore to necessitate bringing him back. Compound that with the fact that he has trouble staying healthy and it's just time to give him his gold watch and move on. Thanks for the great career, Ryan.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 28, 2020, 5:20 AM Post

Roster Guru
the world series has concluded. the brewers have five days to exercise braun's option.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 6:45 PM Post
Brewers have declined his option

https://twitter.com/sportsnet/status/13 ... 80672?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 7:02 PM Post
Bummer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 7:52 PM Post
I'm a little sad

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 8:11 PM Post
Im sad if he retires and we don’t get to see him again ina Brewer uniform but I’m not sad the Brewers declined the option to pay him 15 million next season.

Let’s see what happens from here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
My gut feeling is that he is either done, or back for way less. I just do not get the sense that he wants to deal with a new clubhouse at this stage in his career. We will see.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2020, 10:20 PM Post
Top 5 Brewers of all time. Arguably Top 2. If this was it, what a run. Thanks for the memories #8.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 11:02 AM Post
Braun officially a free agent.

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1322 ... 07649?s=20

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 2:28 PM Post
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 96353?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 3:22 PM Post
I mean, if $3.5 million was too much for Gyorko, then Braun would have to sign for like $2-$3 million to be back. At this point I’m assuming he’s gone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2020, 4:21 PM Post
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/1322266466557796353?s=21

Ryan Braun...Image

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 7:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
Call me sentimental, but I hope he comes back on a reasonable one year deal (assuming he doesn't opt to retire). It would be painful to see him playing for another team.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 7:21 AM Post
mtrebs said:
I mean, if $3.5 million was too much for Gyorko, then Braun would have to sign for like $2-$3 million to be back. At this point I’m assuming he’s gone.

I think this is probably correct.

Look at the really reasonable options around the league that are being declined.

If these guys aren't worth a few million, what's Braun worth right now?

I think DS probably tells Braun he can do 2M or so with some incentives, but that's it. That's an enormous humbling haircut on Braun's salary, and I doubt he will be willing to come back for that. So I think it's probably over.

DS will make a logical decision, not an emotional one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 7:31 AM Post
The $4M buyout definitely helps the scenario. Say they are able to offer him a 1yr-$4M with escalators. Now you’re looking at $8M+ if things go right. That might entice him. I also think it depends on the covid situation. Like TomH mentioned, he doesn’t want to comeback to another situation like this past season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 8:08 AM Post
To me the $4M buyout doesn't really affect anything in him coming back or not. It is a sunk cost regardless of whether he returns or doesn't. Anything they sign him for is independent of that buyout.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 8:12 AM Post
adambr2 said:
To me the $4M buyout doesn't really affect anything in him coming back or not. It is a sunk cost regardless of whether he returns or doesn't. Anything they sign him for is independent of that buyout.

I meant from his perspective on coming back for a season. He could look at it as I’m getting $4M no matter what but if they offered him $4M to comeback, he could look at it like he’s being paid $8M to play next season which isn’t a huge slap in the face compared to what he’s been making. For the Brewers, yeah the $4M doesn’t matter because they pay it no matter what.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply