LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

Offline  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: October 31, 2020, 9:37 AM Post
I doubt there’s any way it would work for either side unless the DH comes back to the NL

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 3:44 PM Post
Ryan will be part of the Brewers legacy. He is one of the all-time faces of the franchise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2020, 4:55 PM Post
Can't see Braun playing for any teams outside the Brewers, Dodgers and Marlins. Maybe Angels, Giants or A's. But he has pretty much always been steadfast that it's Brewers, California or Miami. That's it. So if none of those teams are interested, he probably hangs it up.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 10:46 AM Post
I’m not confident the money will really matter. Braun never seemed big on the money aspect both times he signed his contract...he has also made over $150mil in his career. $1mil vs. $5mil...I don’t know that will change his mind.

Either he wants to play or doesn’t. Either we want him back or don’t.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: November 01, 2020, 12:59 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I’m not confident the money will really matter. Braun never seemed big on the money aspect both times he signed his contract...he has also made over $150mil in his career. $1mil vs. $5mil...I don’t know that will change his mind.

Either he wants to play or doesn’t. Either we want him back or don’t.

Maybe, but the money matters in terms of perceived respect to these guys. It takes a lot of humility for a player to go from 20M a year to 1M.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 2:28 PM Post
I think both sides will work something out if Braun wants to play

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2020, 9:01 PM Post
If he wants to play, I think he will do it for next to nothing. He has plenty of money and is a smart guy. He knows what his reputation is. Coming back for one more year because "he owes it to the fans" would be one last mea culpa on his part. That's IF he wants to play, which I'm not sure he does. Most of MKE loves him regardless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 02, 2020, 9:34 AM Post
I think I recall haudricourt saying something along the lines of he knows for sure Braun won't want to do another covid season. So could be a bit of a waiting game to see how things look in a few more months and that could make the decision for him if it's going to be another really weird year. With no DH though I'd guess this was it though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2020, 3:16 AM Post
I think for Braun to be a Brewer in 2021 then there will have to be a NL DH. It’s my understanding that the only other teams he’d want to play for are So Cal teams because of his desire to stay close to home.
I don’t think his health would really permit him to play any other position other than DH. His back is a mess and every so often he has to have that cryo treatment on the nerve in his thumb. He’s not someone I’d rely on as a full time player and I’d really like to see what Ben Gamel could do as an everyday player in a Brewers Uni.
I’d really like to see him retire as a career Brewers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2020, 7:02 AM Post
He was willing to play for So Cal teams years ago when he would have been there for quite a few years post trade. I’m not a mind reader, but I highly doubt he still feels that way now...on what would be one last year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2020, 11:59 AM Post
My gut tells me he will be back one more year...He's just too close to that 2K hit mark to call it a day.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2020, 12:17 PM Post
And now the SoCal teams don't have a spot for him at DH. Angels have Ohtani/Pujols covering DH in some fashion. Dodgers don't have DH as of now, and even if they did add it they seem to just have their own hitters they can put into it. If Will Smith is legit as this good of a hitter he would probably take it up roughly 1/3 of the games when he's resting from C.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2020, 1:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
If Will Smith is legit as this good of a hitter he would probably take it up roughly 1/3 of the games when he's resting from C.

Yes, but Braun playing 2/3rds of the games is probably the right level of involvement now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2020, 2:26 PM Post
True, however LA already has other guys too especially when knowing 1/3 are ate up right there by Smith. Cycle through all the other guys to cover the rest. That said, in the current cap strapped world maybe they'll lose some of the depth guys like Pederson, Taylor, Kike. And I know Turner is a FA but I don't know the status on those other folks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2020, 1:28 AM Post
Ryan Braun isn't good enough to make the Dodgers' roster. I don't think Andrew Friedman would sign him for even veteran's minimum.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2020, 6:07 AM Post
Axman59 said:
Ryan Braun isn't good enough to make the Dodgers' roster. I don't think Andrew Friedman would sign him for even veteran's minimum.

Ban this poster now!

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 17, 2020, 5:50 PM Post

Roster Guru
craig counsell has not talked to ryan braun about his future since everyone parted ways after the wild card elimination.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 17, 2020, 10:01 PM Post
Not surprising. From the press reports at the end of the year it didn’t sound like he particularly enjoyed COVID ball. With the uncertainty if the game is back to normal or is COVID ball part 2 in 2021; what’s he really have to discuss?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2021, 1:46 PM Post

Roster Guru
ryan braun is still taking time regarding his playing future.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2021, 6:15 PM Post
If he is willing to come back for cheap, I would guess they'll have a spot for him. It's just a matter of whether he wants to continue playing badly enough to take an enormous haircut on his salary.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 170 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply