LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 255 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?

Offline  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: February 19, 2021, 4:17 PM Post
He should have shut up and said "we'll play this out in the appeals process." Then the chain of command thing would have come into play, and people would have doubted the validity of the process. Instead he had to open his mouth and give that dramatic speech on camera, where he didn't just do that, he gave an EXTREMELY convincing presentation on his innocence. And he knew it was all a lie.

Then it became "He got off on a technicality, everyone knows he did it." Because he didn't get off proving he didn't cheat, he got off on a technicality. His own speech set a much higher threshold for his innocence than he would have had to prove.

I couldn't care less about any of it though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 19, 2021, 4:18 PM Post
Clearly Braun has never thrown a salt shaker at you [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 19, 2021, 9:21 PM Post

Roster Guru
something i hadn't considered until today . . . if the brewers have a covid outbreak, they can activate any player in the organization (or perhaps any player in their 75-man collective player pool), without having to concern themselves with 40-man roster status of the replacement player. it should be noted that the 75-man cpp can be fluid, without ramifications of losing control of the player.

could ryan braun emerge as such a replacement? perhaps he signs a deal with the brewers as a consultant, but finds a way to stay in playing shape.

i realize that such an outcome with braun is unlikely, and it's dependent on a club outbreak . . . but it certainly adds an angle that normally wouldn't be available . . .

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 19, 2021, 9:34 PM Post
I actually feel like it's about 95% likely Braun plays this year either as a late season addition or a one game thing to get a proper send off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 19, 2021, 10:11 PM Post
A one game send-off? Does that ever actually occur in MLB? Maybe it does and I just haven't paid attention. I cannot think of one particular instance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 19, 2021, 10:23 PM Post
I think the Mets gave Jed Lowrie a one-game send off to thank him for his $20 million contributions.

(Just kidding, he appeared in nine but actually started zero games for the Mets (!!))

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Is 2020 Braun’s last year in Milwaukee?
Posted: February 19, 2021, 10:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
A one game send-off? Does that ever actually occur in MLB? Maybe it does and I just haven't paid attention. I cannot think of one particular instance.

Ichiro ended his career by playing the two game Tokyo Series with the Mariners to open the 2019 season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 20, 2021, 2:03 PM Post
Picking up Braun at midsession seems possible. He’s been sitting half the time anyway up til then in the past few seasons. If they are in it, sure, why not? It’s not probable, just possible. Both sides might be motivated to do it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 20, 2021, 10:34 PM Post
adambr2 said:

Darlings of the franchise usually don't end their career playing games with no fans. It was a lame way to go out. If they are sitting 15 games under
.500 in August I don't see the harm in letting him play outfield to start an inning just to get subbed out. Weird but harmless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 20, 2021, 10:40 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
adambr2 said:

Darlings of the franchise usually don't end their career playing games with no fans. It was a lame way to go out. If they are sitting 15 games under
.500 in August I don't see the harm in letting him play outfield to start an inning just to get subbed out. Weird but harmless.

I would say that applies to every MLB player on their way out, not just darlings. There isn't any precedent.

IMO if he's back, it'll be to play. Even if it just means being in more of a PH role for a month or two at the end of the season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 20, 2021, 11:48 PM Post
He’s back. It just hasn’t happened yet.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 21, 2021, 4:04 AM Post
Without the DH I don't think he's back, nor should he be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 21, 2021, 11:38 AM Post
Brew4U said:

Do you know something?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 21, 2021, 12:56 PM Post
MVP2110 said:
Brew4U said:

Do you know something?

No, he just likes Braun.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 21, 2021, 2:47 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
MVP2110 said:
Brew4U said:

Do you know something?

No, he just likes Braun.

Correct. Going off the cryptic wife’s Instagram and Braun saying he’s staying in shape comments I think it’s just a matter of time.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 255 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply