LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Bill Schroeder

Offline  Re: Bill Schroeder

Posted: August 07, 2019, 11:37 AM Post
MLB.tv free game was Isan's debut a couple days ago so I watched that. Can't remember who the Marlins guys were but I liked them. They were fun and excitable but not over the top.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 12:43 PM Post
monkeyman343434 said:
I'll take a stab at what rickh150 is saying. Brian is looking for the next job. He misses A LOT of Brewers games to do other things like March Madness, the NBA Playoffs, and I believe some golf? He's just there to do the Brewers, waiting on a more stable bigger stage to come up, rather than have his fall back being the Brewers games, because they let him leave whenever he wants to do other things. This has become more and more each year. I personally don't like listening to him, I think he comes across as very uppidy, and luckily I live out of market, so I can choose to listen to the other broadcast when watching mlb.tv

If there had been a 1980s Brewerfan.net:

“Uke is looking for the next acting job. He misses a LOT of Brewers games to do other things like Mr. Belvedere, the Tonight Show and ABC Monday Night Baseball. He's just there to do the Brewers, waiting on a more stable bigger stage to come up, rather than have his fall back being the Brewers games, because they let him leave whenever he wants to do other things. ...”

You see how ridiculous that reads? For Lord sake, people, stopping losing the flipping plot. Brian Anderson is considered a national-level talent and he still chooses to stay in Milwaukee and do the Brewers. That’s a good thing.

And remember, it can be a whole lot worse. The last time I lived in Wisconsin, unlistenable Daron Sutton was doing games. He was awful.

Schroeder? He’s OK. His voice bugs me more than anything else, but I’ve grown accustomed to it.

And remember, it can be a whole lot worse, part II. I live in an area that gets Cubs, White Sox, Reds and Cardinals broadcasts.

Quality runs the gamut from being very good (Cubs, Kasper and Deshaies are an enjoybale listen despite the fact I detest their team; White Sox, Benetti and Stone are an entertaining tandem) to uneven (Reds, Thom Brennaman is no Marty Brennaman. He gets wound up too easily, but when he’s focused, he’s good. Lots of old-man baseball takes with their analysts) to seventh circle of hell awful (Cardinals, Dan McLaughlin is boring, a passive aggressive homer and arrogant, somehow, all at the same time. Hard for any of the 1,000 Cardinals analysts to work with that.)

And the White Sox are not long for having been awful when unlistenable Hawk did their games.

Point being, the grass isn’t always greener. Milwaukee is the smallest media market in baseball so they’ve done very well for themselves broadcast-wise.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 4:24 PM Post
Bob Skube Snacks said:
monkeyman343434 said:
I'll take a stab at what rickh150 is saying. Brian is looking for the next job. He misses A LOT of Brewers games to do other things like March Madness, the NBA Playoffs, and I believe some golf? He's just there to do the Brewers, waiting on a more stable bigger stage to come up, rather than have his fall back being the Brewers games, because they let him leave whenever he wants to do other things. This has become more and more each year. I personally don't like listening to him, I think he comes across as very uppidy, and luckily I live out of market, so I can choose to listen to the other broadcast when watching mlb.tv

“Uke is looking for the next acting job. He misses a LOT of Brewers games to do other things like Mr. Belvedere, the Tonight Show and ABC Monday Night Baseball. He's just there to do the Brewers, waiting on a more stable bigger stage to come up, rather than have his fall back being the Brewers games, because they let him leave whenever he wants to do other things. ...”

You see how ridiculous that reads? For Lord sake, people, stopping losing the flipping plot. Brian Anderson is considered a national-level talent and he still chooses to stay in Milwaukee and do the Brewers. That’s a good thing.

Well, the big difference is that Uke is a hometown guy who even played ball in MKE too. He wasn't going anywhere because he was already home.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 7:06 PM Post
Oxy said:
Bob Skube Snacks said:
monkeyman343434 said:

Well, the big difference is that Uke is a hometown guy who even played ball in MKE too. He wasn't going anywhere because he was already home.

Totally not even close to the same situation. For better or worse, Uecker is Brewers and Milwaukee baseball. BA is just some guy who happens to call some Brewer games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 7:11 PM Post
BA has lived in Hartland for 12 years now. I think Milwaukee is more than a job site at this point. While it's fair to say the Brewers "let" him do stuff, I think it's a safe bet he would be gone by now if he wanted to be. He signed an extension in 2017. He could have easily found somewhere else to be.

Pretty sure he's beyond waiting for a big job at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:20 AM Post
Oxy said:
Bob Skube Snacks said:
monkeyman343434 said:

I can recall speculation in the 80s, unfounded, that Uke might leave to focus on acting and comedy. Thank goodness it never happened.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:14 PM Post
Bill Hall — I guess Schroeder is not the worst..

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply