LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL

Offline  Re: Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jacob Faria to MIL
Posted: July 31, 2019, 1:28 PM Post
I like the deal.

Faria adds another multi-inning reliever who could be stretched out in 2020 or stay a piece of the pen. This is good for the Crew this year and beyond.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL
Posted: July 31, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
So who do we think takes Jesus place on the bench?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 1:34 PM Post
PDCBalla said:

A reliever. They were operating with a 12-man pitching staff, and Counsell loves having 13 available. Pretty big stretch of games with no off days coming up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 1:36 PM Post
PDCBalla said:

Shaw already did. Just gives us a little more freedom elsewhere, probably the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 1:40 PM Post
2 months to go, just stick with a consistent lineup with a short bench. Play your starters these last 2 months and maybe they get on a collective roll. Give Braun his usual rest, but don’t mess with anything else. We still have a very talented group of hitters. They will have to carry this team to as far as they go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
If only we had traded Aguilar this past winter.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
If only we had traded Aguilar this past winter.

Yep. Missed the boat. Just glad we did it now.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 4:24 PM Post
trading with the Rays gives me the heebie jeebies

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
I wasn’t expecting much, but we’re the Brewers actually sort of soft sellers at the deadline?

They got Lyles out of absolute necessity. They traded Dubon and Aguilar who will immediately go o their acquiring teams’ big league rosters for a rental swingman who hasn’t been good for in a couple years and two minor league relievers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
I like this move. I could see Faria as a starter next year, or if not, a very competent bullpen piece. Sad to see Jesus go, but this year's guy is probably the real thing compared to last year. Too bad he couldn't keep up his 1st half 2018 pace. Sad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 6:25 PM Post
Beer Out West said:
I like this move. I could see Faria as a starter next year, or if not, a very competent bullpen piece. Sad to see Jesus go, but this year's guy is probably the real thing compared to last year. Too bad he couldn't keep up his 1st half 2018 pace. Sad.

Faria has shown nothing in the majors or at AAA to suggest he is anything more than a Wilkerson type player. AAAA guy who has little upside. A low,low,low level move by Stearns.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 6:27 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Beer Out West said:

Faria has shown nothing in the majors or at AAA to suggest he is anything more than a Wilkerson type player. AAAA guy who has little upside. A low,low,low level move by Stearns.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/fariaja01.shtml

2017 Faria says hello.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 9:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
Faria is a Packer fan. So...there's that.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 9:56 AM Post
Warning Track Power said:
wntrtxn21 said:
Beer Out West said:

2017 Faria says hello.

Don't bother. This guy finds a way to hate everything the team does.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
Warning Track Power said:
wntrtxn21 said:
Beer Out West said:

2017 Faria says hello.

In addition to a solid 2017, look at his 2018 game log. Reminds me a lot of Peralta. Sure it might be a high ERA on the surface but it was either 5-6 innings of 1 run or less or hit hard. However, it's not like he was giving up 8 runs in 2 innings every time he was hit hard. It looks like he didn't have a long leash and was pulled a few times after giving up a few runs and getting into trouble. If you let him finish those innings, maybe he works out of it and that "3 runs in 2.2 innings" turns into 3 runs in 6 innings. Of course the opposite is true and he could have given up even more runs.

But if you said you could trade Aguilar for another Freddy Peralta, would you do it? It looks like that may be what we've done.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 12:02 PM Post
Aguilar has been DFA’ed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 12:04 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
Saw that. I am sure he will get a NRI somewhere over the winter. Could see him in Japan or Korea as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 12:06 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
Aguilar has been DFA’ed.

No real surprise..
I've been a fan of his for years (ever since a conversation with him between innings of a Midwest league game as he was in the on deck circle) but Jesus is what he is, a 4A ballplayer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 12:14 PM Post
With Thames gone, why not bring Jesus back? His bad year was a heck of lot better than Shaw's.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 12:37 PM Post
I want athleticism. Even at 1B. I want athletes out there.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply