LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL

Online  Re: Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL
Posted: November 27, 2019, 1:35 PM Post
I want Faria to make the team and be a valuable contributor next season. In the end, this was a straight up one-for-one for two fringe guys. It would be cool to see the Brewers get the better end of it.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Jesus Aguilar to Tampa, Jake Faria to MIL
Posted: November 27, 2019, 2:50 PM Post
35 homer Jesus was nice. Last year, even after the trade Jesus had no power. A turtle that gets on base at a respectable rate won't do it at 1B.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I want Faria to make the team and be a valuable contributor next season. In the end, this was a straight up one-for-one for two fringe guys. It would be cool to see the Brewers get the better end of it.

As more FAs get signed away from Milwaukee, Faria becomes a possibility. He was so bad last year I didn't think there was any way Stearns even had Faria on his radar. I still believe he is gone or signed to a minor lg. deal, but time will tell.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2019, 5:17 PM Post
Miami has claimed Jesus. I somehow don't think that will help his power numbers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
MadScientist said:
Miami has claimed Jesus. I somehow don't think that will help his power numbers.

Well at least you know he will be available in July if you need him and he is hitting again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2019, 1:47 PM Post
Reminder that part of getting Faria is probably getting some info on how the Rays develop their pitchers. They are a team that's better than most at developing arms. I also generally like Faria's stuff and I think he'll do fine for us. He was a starter so can certainly be used in a multi-inning relief type role.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Reminder that part of getting Faria is probably getting some info on how the Rays develop their pitchers. They are a team that's better than most at developing arms. I also generally like Faria's stuff and I think he'll do fine for us. He was a starter so can certainly be used in a multi-inning relief type role.

Matt Arnold spent 8 years with the Rays before coming to Milwaukee. I'm sure he knows enough about how the Rays develop pitchers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:13 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

What about Faria impressed you? Last two years: 5.40/5.08 FIP - 6.75 ERA and FIP. 4 walks per 9 IPs. Nothing he's done says he'll be anything better than what he has been for the last two years. I doubt Stearns keeps him.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply