LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hernan Up - Travis Down - Burch DFA

Offline    Hernan Up - Travis Down - Burch DFA

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
No official announcement yet but Hernan Perez is back with the big club and Travis Shaw is not.

A spot on the 40 man roster will have to be opened to add Perez back to it.

Last edited by True Blue Brew Crew on August 09, 2019, 3:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hernan In - Travis Out

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:14 PM Post
So long to Taylor?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:18 PM Post
I'll say Burch Smith is a DFA'd. Or Taylor Williams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:22 PM Post

Roster Guru
the brewers currently have seven outfielders on the 40-man roster, and non-roster corey ray is eligible for the rule 5 draft this year unless added.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
You could also just link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/ ... 73281?s=20

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:36 PM Post
The everyday playing time will be good for Shaw. Having an actual backup SS should be good also, as long as CC can refrain from playing him too much

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:36 PM Post
Having a RH infielder who can backup SS but can't hit makes more sense right now than a LH 1B/3B who can't hit (For now anyway). But it's going to have very little impact; Shaw didn't play much, and Hernan ideally should play just as little.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:41 PM Post

Roster Guru
Oxy said:
I'll say Burch Smith is a DFA'd.

that was the move.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:43 PM Post
Disappointing that Shaw hasn't bounced back, but I prefer bringing Perez back over playing Moose at short when Arcia needs a day off.

EDIT: Lineup just posted; Hernan is starting at SS tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 2:52 PM Post
This move is overdue. Not that Perez is any good but they needed his skill set more. Hopefully we don't start seeing him starting games soon. Just need a bench bat against lefties.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
Makes sense. Shaw can't even get into the normal lineup against right-handers with Grandal at first (and possibly Braun), plus we seem to be facing more left-handers to compound the issue. Then there's the whole not having a backup SS plus the worst offensive position player there that wasn't going to last long.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
homer said:
You could also just link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/ ... 73281?s=20

I wasn't on Twitter. You can too and you did.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hernan Up - Travis Down - Burch DFA

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
Perez and Arcia are pretty much a wash. Split time I suppose.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:24 PM Post
The wild ride for Shaw continues

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:42 PM Post
Lathund said:
Having a RH infielder who can backup SS but can't hit makes more sense right now than a LH 1B/3B who can't hit (For now anyway). But it's going to have very little impact; Shaw didn't play much, and Hernan ideally should play just as little.

Imo, the correct player optioned down, wrong player brought up. The correct player would have been Freitas, even if only for this weekend. With Grisham Williams Faria brought up recently, was hoping Stearns mismanagement of the roster was a thing of the past.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 3:50 PM Post

Roster Guru
Brew crew 92 said:
Imo, the correct player optioned down, wrong player brought up. The correct player would have been Freitas, even if only for this weekend. With Grisham Williams Faria brought up recently, was hoping Stearns mismanagement of the roster was a thing of the past.

christian yelich has back issues. lorenzo cain has taken a beating. orlando arcia could use a break. david freitas couldn't fill those holes.

barring the outright attempt of yasmani grandal, i'm confident that freitas will be up 1 september, even before san antonio's season ends--and especially if some pitchers that he's caught are also recalled 1 september. jacob nottingham will follow once san antonio's season ends, as freitas has been far more consistent offensively this year than nottingham.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 4:17 PM Post
djoctagone said:
Brew crew 92 said:

christian yelich has back issues. lorenzo cain has taken a beating. orlando arcia could use a break. david freitas couldn't fill those holes.

barring the outright attempt of yasmani grandal, i'm confident that freitas will be up 1 september, even before san antonio's season ends--and especially if some pitchers that he's caught are also recalled 1 september. jacob nottingham will follow once san antonio's season ends, as freitas has been far more consistent offensively this year than nottingham.

I understand what your saying, but if the choice is to play Arcia in all 3 weekend games with no break to be able to Have Freitas hit instead of Hernan > Yes, gladly.

Arcia has had plenty of time off this year already, is young, and I think could’ve handled playing these next 3 games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
Wait for the “give Shaw a chance this is a small sample size” crowd that’s hopefully shrinking

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 5:23 PM Post
Well I've always like Hernan and I'm glad he's back but I wish they could get back to a 5 man bench that included Freitas to replace Aguilar's AB's.

By the way anyone notice that Hernan walked 19 times in 121 PA in AAA?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 09, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
Can you imagine going into work one day and being completely unable to perform? Baseball is crazy.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply