LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Schedule

Offline  2020 Schedule

Posted: August 12, 2019, 12:19 PM Post
Starting it's own thread as I didn't think the random 2019 news was the right spot for it. Some nuggets of info:

Brewers open the year with 14 home games and only 5 road games.

We get the AL East:
T May 19-21 - Yankee’s @ Brewers
Sa May 30-31 - @ Tampa Bay Rays
F June 5-7 - @ Boston Red Sox
M June 22-24 - Blue Jays @ Brewers
Tu July 7-8 - Rays @ Brewers
F Sept 11-13 @ Baltimore Orioles

We get the Phillies opening day:
Thursday April 2 – Brewers @ Phillies

7 game road trip at STL and CHC in early July will be interesting
No more Cubs series after Sunday August 9th

All Star game is @ Dodger Stadium and then immediately after it we play Friday July 17 @ San Diego, followed by 3 games @ LAD.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Schedule

Posted: August 12, 2019, 12:30 PM Post
I'm excited to finally see the Brewers play at Camden Yards.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 12:31 PM Post
That is a beautiful September on paper. 15/25 against inferior talent (Pirates/Orioles being notably terrible).The toughest opponents (LA and ATL) are both at home.

Someone should be fired for giving us a stretch of 13 to end it and sandwiching our two off days right next to each other. Before the September 10th off day we will play 15 in a row, get a break, fly all the way to Baltimore to play three, get an off day, and then play at home again.

March/April is probably the most brutal month. June isn't the most pleasant...but the second half of the season really isn't that bad assuming the Pirates aren't good. If the Reds regress, even better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Hooray a home (not the Cubs) birthday game!

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 12:38 PM Post
Thusday, March 26th at Miller Park vs. Cubs is Opening Day. BOOOOO!1!

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
Opening day is such an event at miller park, it's very likely we actually have a home field advantage against them for a change. Hard to imagine many cubs fans getting their hands on tickets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 1:12 PM Post
I don't remember the schedule coming out this early ever. I thought it was usually in September towards the last week or 2 of the season. Not sure what the reason for this is. Still think a lot of cubs fans will be there. Prices on the secondary market are always high for Opening Day, with the cubs in town, they will be higher. Season ticket holders can really make a big dent into their invoice by just skipping opening day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 1:38 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Opening day is such an event at miller park, it's very likely we actually have a home field advantage against them for a change. Hard to imagine many cubs fans getting their hands on tickets.

Lol...right...going to be pretty pathetic per usual. Ticket prices should be excessively insane though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
jjgott said:

I’ve been waiting for that also. Nice short trip from the Harrisburg, PA area down to Baltimore.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 2:44 PM Post
I think I’m going to be in Florida for Opening Day. So, if I renew my 10 pack my Opening Day tickets will be for sale. Should be able to bring in enough to get me tickets for 3 other games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Bad things: No home game on Memorial day (off day?!?!), Fathers Day, or 4th of July. The home opener being against the Cubs sucks.

Good things: Home game on Labor day, Easter and Mothers day. There's a road trip @Cin and @Pitt- those are two parks I haven't been to yet and the only time they played back to back on the same road trip this year I had a different trip planned. So that's probably going on the schedule.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Schedule

Posted: August 12, 2019, 4:21 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

I disagree 100%.

Lots of season ticket holders make a lot of cash on the Cubs series'.

Now you can charge them for tickets, plus the added bonus of opening day and jack those prices up even more.

Sadly, the home field advantage will still be a wash, no matter when the Cubs play at Miller Park.

Hopefully, those that sell to Cubs fans make a mint at least.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2019, 9:45 PM Post
ReverendBrewmeister said:
jjgott said:

I’ve been waiting for that also. Nice short trip from the Harrisburg, PA area down to Baltimore.

Agree 100% would be down for going as a group if people are interested.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 1:27 AM Post
I hate that yet again the Brewers visit AZ during June/July

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 5:27 AM Post
On a selfish note I really don’t like that the Brewers never seem to play in Miami or Atlanta on a weekend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 5:48 AM Post
DocLuna7 said:
On a selfish note I really don’t like that the Brewers never seem to play in Miami or Atlanta on a weekend.

They were in Atlanta on a weekend this May. They also played in Atlanta on weekends in 2017 and 2018.

They would have played in Miami on a weekend in 2017 if the games hadn’t been moved to Milwaukee because of the hurricane.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 6:15 AM Post
Getting cash on the Cubs games is kinda overstated. I sold off 7/27 and 9/6 and I was/am not going to be in town, on Stubhub. While they do sell better than any other game, it was barely above face and those are weekend games. In the years I've sold opening day it sells far better than any Cubs game. There are years I've recouped 1/4 of the ticket package on that one game. I doubt it really goes much higher than usual. Terrace seats can hit $80, for whatever reason OD sells about as well as the NLDS.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 7:03 AM Post
DocLuna7 said:

I wish they would make the “rivalry” AL/NL six games instead of four. The set up now forces two game series on the weekdays...lame to me. We are so close I don’t see why they can’t schedule a four game series and have the teams play Thursday/Friday and then travel to the other site for Saturday/Sunday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 7:17 AM Post
I also think those are dumb. Interleague play is one of few things that would motivate me to see a specific game in person, and they waste the slots on Tuesday night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2019, 8:00 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
DocLuna7 said:

I wish they would make the “rivalry” AL/NL six games instead of four. The set up now forces two game series on the weekdays...lame to me. We are so close I don’t see why they can’t schedule a four game series and have the teams play Thursday/Friday and then travel to the other site for Saturday/Sunday.

They have done that some years with the games on Monday-Thursday. They did that as recently as 2017 with the Brewers and Twins and I know that wasn’t the only time. Last year they played the Twins 6 times, probably because the AL Central was the interleague matchup.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply