LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap

Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:37 AM Post
bigredrobbo said:

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor,...

Germans? Say what, now?!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:40 AM Post
You've obviously never watched "Animal House".

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:48 AM Post
phnxcrew said:
The crappier our roster- the more We seem to win. I wish after this we’d try to protect our first round pick and lose a bunch, but naturally that won’t happen. I don’t care about making the postseason without a decent roster

Why on Earth would anyone want to protect a draft pick position when they are one game out of the playoffs with 19 to go? They aren't going to move up significantly in the draft either way. The odds of getting a significantly better player with the 18th pick vs the 25th is less than the odds of this team making a deep playoff run even with Yelich out.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 10:55 AM Post
Thurston Fluff said:
phnxcrew said:
The crappier our roster- the more We seem to win. I wish after this we’d try to protect our first round pick and lose a bunch, but naturally that won’t happen. I don’t care about making the postseason without a decent roster

Why on Earth would anyone want to protect a draft pick position when they are one game out of the playoffs with 19 to go? They aren't going to move up significantly in the draft either way. The odds of getting a significantly better player with the 18th pick vs the 25th is less than the odds of this team making a deep playoff run even with Yelich out.

Why on earth would someone not want to make the postseason? A franchise that is starved of postseason appearances and a fan doesn't want to get in because he doesn't believe in the roster? Pish posh.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 11:01 AM Post
Ok, Mr. Miyagi... time to do your magic!!!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 11:06 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Thurston Fluff said:
phnxcrew said:

Why on earth would someone not want to make the postseason? A franchise that is starved of postseason appearances and a fan doesn't want to get in because he doesn't believe in the roster? Pish posh.

Why must so many fans WANT the team to do poorly? Why even be a fan?

They would get what they want if the players had the same poor attitude. I don't think they do though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:00 PM Post
It's been one of those years. It's been an uphill struggle in so many ways. Knebel, Woody, but so many others including wunderkind Hiura and now #22. What a punch to the gut.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:15 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
It's been one of those years. It's been an uphill struggle in so many ways. Knebel, Woody, but so many others including wunderkind Hiura and now #22. What a punch to the gut.

However, if they find a way to get into the playoffs that will say volumes about this group of never say die players and show the world they can survive without one of the best players in league and how we'll be even better in 2020.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:18 PM Post
Baseball is a crazy game. The best record of all time is 116-46 Mariners...that team lost around 30% of its games. Much more common, is having a couple teams win just over 100 games...so a 104-58 team loses almost 35% of its games. Even the 108 win Red Sox last year had stretches where they lost 5 of 7 games and were even swept once by the Rays in a 3 game series. Point being, any team has a very real shot at beating any team in the playoffs. Any team that gets in can get hot and play well together at the right time...and make a run. Even without a bulletproof roster and without Yelich, this team can certainly make a deep run if they get in...so rooting for them to do poorly for a draft pick at this stage is just stupid. If we were 15 games under 500, by all means root for losses...but not when in contention.

Edited to 35%...at least I was close

Last edited by KeithStone53151 on September 11, 2019, 12:52 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 12:28 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Baseball is a crazy game. The best record of all time is 116-46 Mariners...that team lost around 30% of its games. Much more common, is having a couple teams win just over 100 games...so a 104-58 team loses almost 65% of its games. Even the 108 win Red Sox last year had stretches where they lost 5 of 7 games and were even swept once by the Rays in a 3 game series. Point being, any team has a very real shot at beating any team in the playoffs. Any team that gets in can get hot and play well together at the right time...and make a run. Even without a bulletproof roster and without Yelich, this team can certainly make a deep run if they get in...so rooting for them to do poorly for a draft pick at this stage is just stupid. If we were 15 games under 500, by all means root for losses...but not when in contention.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
3and2Fastball said:
bigredrobbo said:

Germans? Say what, now?!

Forget it, he's rolling.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 1:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
The injury stinks, to be sure.

But what if this injury carries Yelich to being named MVP again? I think the only scenario I see that happening is if the Brewers LOSE pretty much every game the rest of the way and voters say, "Hmmmm, maybe he WAS really important to that team!" and they put a mark in Yelich's checkbox on the ballot.

Yeah, it's unlikely. And I don't want to see the Brewers lose.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
IIAY said:
3and2Fastball said:
bigredrobbo said:

Germans? Say what, now?!

Forget it, he's rolling.

Someone got whooshed but I'm not sure who.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
It only allows him to drop if Rendon or someone else in the mix goes on an absolute tear. It is going to be real easy to forget about Yelich with all the excitement other players will provide. Yelich won it due to what he did over the last few weeks, really icing the cake when Game 163 fell their way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 1:50 PM Post
pitchleague said:

But what if this injury carries Yelich to being named MVP again? I think the only scenario I see that happening is if the Brewers LOSE pretty much every game the rest of the way and voters say, "Hmmmm, maybe he WAS really important to that team!" and they put a mark in Yelich's checkbox on the ballot.

I get what you're saying, but voters won't look at it that way. They will say "he missed the last month of the season" so he didn't eve play a complete season. Bellinger gets it, since his numbers are similar and played the entire season. In fact, he'll now win in an overwhelming margin unless he really tanks at the end of the year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 2:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
FVBrewerFan said:
pitchleague said:

I get what you're saying, but voters won't look at it that way. They will say "he missed the last month of the season" so he didn't eve play a complete season. Bellinger gets it, since his numbers are similar and played the entire season. In fact, he'll now win in an overwhelming margin unless he really tanks at the end of the year.

Yup, I agree completely. I was just throwing some alternative thoughts out there. No worries!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
Yelich had been putting some separation between he and Bellinger on the % type of stats of late so I was actually starting to think he could steal the MVP back if that trend continued. Obviously that's out now, Bellinger will win easily now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:37 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator

This stinks for baseball in general. Dude's been at his baseball peak and having that disrupted is bad news for anyone who appreciates the game.

Someone on Twitter last night suggested that if the Brewers have a home wild-card or "game 163," Yelich should throw out a ceremonial first pitch if possible. I'm not going to bet the farm on (or against) even a hint of Brewers postseason, but wouldn't that be a cool thing?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:47 PM Post
Moose and Hiura back tonight. I imagine that conversation went like this:

CC: How are you guys feeling?
Moose/Hiura: Well, I .....
CC: Great! You're both starting tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
I am confident our plucky lads will pick up the 0.7 WAR for the last 10% but the loss of seeing him play, go for the first ever 50/30, etc., is a big one. I now refer to the pre-injury days as The Beforetimes.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply