LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap

Author Message
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 4:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6098
Yelich finished with a 1.100 OPS, easily the highest in franchise history. Also highest SLG in franchise history at .671.

Hopefully a few guys cool down and his .329 AVE wins him another batting title.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
Posts: 1136
Location: Ohio
IIAY said:
3and2Fastball said:
bigredrobbo said:
.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor,...


Germans? Say what, now?!


Forget it, he's rolling.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zc0BI7T1LA


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 5:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6152
IIAY said:
3and2Fastball said:
bigredrobbo said:
.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor,...


Germans? Say what, now?!


Forget it, he's rolling.

Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10811
Jim Bowden is claiming he doesn't need surgery and he will be out six weeks.

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenGM/status/ ... 6336253954

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18780
Jim Bowden should go skim some bonuses of Latin American players again. I find it highly, highly unlikely that a fractured kneecap only requires a month and a half off.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 394
It will heal in 6 weeks. You have to get back into playing shape after.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 15330
How would Jim Bowden know? And scoop everyone connected more directly to the Brewers?
Mind you, I want to believe.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 809
hawing said:
How would Jim Bowden know? And scoop everyone connected more directly to the Brewers?
Mind you, I want to believe.


Is Doug Melvin still a senior advisor for the Brewers? I could see Melvin and Bowden being pals.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9172
I’ll be skeptical until the Brewers give a timetable, but that is positive news. That timeframe would set Yelich up for a potential Kirk Gibson moment should the Brewers defy every expectation.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
Posts: 3060
Bowden has lots of sources, probably true.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 208
benji said:
It will heal in 6 weeks. You have to get back into playing shape after.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Just to add - consider this tweet from Tom Haudricourt:

Only MLB broken kneecap on foul ball I could find: Cincinnati's Jeff Keppinger (left knee) in 2008 season. Suffered injury on May 13. Returned to action with Reds on June 22. Only foul ball/broken kneecap on hitter I have found thus far. Incredibly rare.


https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/ ... 2336861186


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
Posts: 4594
trwi7 said:
Jim Bowden should go skim some bonuses of Latin American players again. I find it highly, highly unlikely that a fractured kneecap only requires a month and a half off.


If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13479
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Drink some milk and get back out there.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:36 PM Post
Posts: 18897
If it's true it likely means he will have almost an entire offseason to get back into playing shape and should be 100%. That's great news if true.

Please no "maybe he can return for the World Series" musings.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 809
Fear The Chorizo said:
If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.


The post above yours provides an example of someone who returned to action in just over 5 weeks.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 208
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.


The post above yours provides an example of someone who returned to action in just over 5 weeks.


That would be a best case scenario. Most likely, Yelich won't see the field before Spring Training.

But.....would it be impossible to see him if the Brewers made a run? Not necessarily.......


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 394
Confirmed by Robert Murray.

All I can say is every fracture is different you cant lump all fractures the same. This is overall the best news possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9172
benji said:
Confirmed by Robert Murray.

All I can say is every fracture is different you cant lump all fractures the same. This is overall the best news possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yep, great to hear. Should easily be back fully healthy for spring training next year. You know that guy is going to work his butt off rehabbing too.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
Posts: 7157
Yep.....here us Murray's tweet

https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/stat ... 79682?s=21


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:51 PM Post
Posts: 4595
Daubs said:
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.


The post above yours provides an example of someone who returned to action in just over 5 weeks.


That would be a best case scenario. Most likely, Yelich won't see the field before Spring Training.

But.....would it be impossible to see him if the Brewers made a run? Not necessarily.......


You know... just when things seem bad... this Crew just gives hope again.

Yelich to make a walk-off pinch-hit HR against the Yankees to end the World Series.

Cue Stan Bush's "The Touch."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test