LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap

Online  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:51 PM Post
True Blue Brew Crew said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.

The post above yours provides an example of someone who returned to action in just over 5 weeks.

Jeff keppinger couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag before he got hurt...let's be real, I want yelich to hit like yelich when he's back, not keppinger.

All these are different, i just don't want to look at the rosiest of all possible outcomes

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Yelich Out for the Season with Fractured Knee Cap
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:57 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
If there is no surgery, that is the timeline for recovery to get the bone to heal...but then rehab starts. 6 weeks basically with that leg largely immobilized, so he still would have months of rehab - but the offseason is a great time for rehab.

No surgery needed means we are going to see yelich in spring training. Surgery would likely mean we would be speculating whether we would see him by memorial day or by the all star beak.

The post above yours provides an example of someone who returned to action in just over 5 weeks.

Jeff keppinger couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag before he got hurt...let's be real, I want yelich to hit like yelich when he's back, not keppinger.

All these are different, i just don't want to look at the rosiest of all possible outcomes

I still like the Kirk Gibson moment for Yelich in Game 5, at Miller Park to win the Series vs the Yankees.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 8:58 PM Post
Per Rosiak
Ryan Braun was wearing Christian Yelich's jersey under his own jersey tonight.

"Just for good luck," he said. "They're about the same size. It felt a little different, but I was just trying to bring the good vibes."

Braun said the idea popped into his head, and he ran with it.

"I think everybody enjoyed it," he said. "Gave everybody a little laugh before the game. Keep the boys loose. Didn't necessarily help me personally, but for us as a group, maybe it contributed to our success."

Braun said he'll be wearing Yelich's jersey again tomorrow, as well.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:

Not sure how one's hitting prowess factors into this. I'd love to see the study correlating rate of bone heal to one's ability to hit a baseball. I also don't recall Jeff Keppinger being a physical specimen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Per Rosiak

"Just for good luck," he said. "They're about the same size. It felt a little different, but I was just trying to bring the good vibes."

"I think everybody enjoyed it," he said. "Gave everybody a little laugh before the game. Keep the boys loose. Didn't necessarily help me personally, but for us as a group, maybe it contributed to our success."

So he wears two jerseys and has a terrible game.

Yup, let’s try again tomorrow. Try three or four next time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:16 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Brew4U said:
Per Rosiak

Way to be a dang buzzkill. I personally thought it was pretty cool of Braun to do that. I’m sure his teammates thought it was cool as well. I think sometimes we forget that these guys are human. Yeah, Braun didn’t have a good game tonight. There are other ways to make positive contribution, and he may have found one. Hopefully his bat heats up, because they are going to need it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:

Not sure how one's hitting prowess factors into this. I'd love to see the study correlating rate of bone heal to one's ability to hit a baseball. I also don't recall Jeff Keppinger being a physical specimen.

Please find a sense of humor during your research, too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Fear The Chorizo said:

Please find a sense of humor during your research, too.

I'll look in the same spot I'll be looking for your medical degree.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 11:24 PM Post

GIF Master
Brewers 1.000 since Yelich went down. Bellinger clearly MVP.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 11, 2019, 11:25 PM Post
I was a bit skeptical of the youtube doctor diagnosis of 3-4 months minimum, but I'm obviously not a professional so wasn't about to refute it without facts. Im also not necessarily going to believe anything jim bowden says, but 6-8 weeks tends to be the normal timeline given for fractures. So i buy a 6-8 week timeline more than 3-4 months or possibly more as was noted by the youtube doctor. If it's 6, i think he would be back for the NLCS at best. Considering everything, hard to imagine seeing yelich play again in 2019. This news means he probably has a fairly normal offseason and is ready for 2020 though

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 4:37 AM Post
I'm not a bone surgeon, but I watch a lot of medical stuff on TV and the internet. I freely admit I'm being overly optimistic about this (and know nothing but what I've read), but isn't there a way to glue bones together that makes them usable within one month? NOTE: The split in the kneecap would have to be a straight split, not something that is jagged on either side.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 6:11 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
MrTPlush said:

Way to be a dang buzzkill. I personally thought it was pretty cool of Braun to do that. I’m sure his teammates thought it was cool as well. I think sometimes we forget that these guys are human. Yeah, Braun didn’t have a good game tonight. There are other ways to make positive contribution, and he may have found one. Hopefully his bat heats up, because they are going to need it.

It's why my avatar is what it is. The guy was an absolute putz and made his mistakes but has since been a great guy and teammate for the Brewers organization. Yelich looks to be his best friend and they obviously care for each other greatly. I am sure Braun is/was affected by the news of his buddy having to miss the rest of the year and he tried to do something special for him and for his team. But you still get the butthole comments from the peanut gallery no matter what. Here was the finishing quote:

Ryan Braun was in contact with Christian Yelich on Wednesday, before and after he wore his jersey in the 7-5 win.

"He's in a good place," Braun said. "For him, the toughest part is he feels like he let us down. For us, the goal is to rally around what's happened."

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
If Yelich is 100% in April, anything else good that happens this season or offseason is just a bonus.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:47 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

More the fact I found it funny he did something new, was terrible, and was like "yah, I am going to do it tomorrow too".

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 7:55 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

More the fact I found it funny he did something new, was terrible, and was like "yah, I am going to do it tomorrow too".

Kinda proves that we wasn't doing it with his own stats in mind, doesn't it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 8:17 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I was a bit skeptical of the youtube doctor diagnosis of 3-4 months minimum, but I'm obviously not a professional so wasn't about to refute it without facts. Im also not necessarily going to believe anything jim bowden says, but 6-8 weeks tends to be the normal timeline given for fractures. So i buy a 6-8 week timeline more than 3-4 months or possibly more as was noted by the youtube doctor. If it's 6, i think he would be back for the NLCS at best. Considering everything, hard to imagine seeing yelich play again in 2019. This news means he probably has a fairly normal offseason and is ready for 2020 though

Right, and when I posted that video it was mostly just because any doctor's opinion on the situation would be of interest in the waning hours of the evening. Everything depends on the severity of the break or fracture. That the scuttlebutt about his recovery time is now weeks rather than months that leads me to think the fracture isn't very extensive at all. Which makes sense, Yelich wasn't hit by a car, he only fouled a baseball off his knee.

I remember Robin Ventura dislocating his ankle running the bases back in the day, which was a really gross looking injury. It happened fairly early in the season and everyone was kind of assuming he wouldn't play again that year. He came back faster than most people, or at least I, thought he would and I was just amazed that was possible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:20 AM Post
Stearns confirmed this morning. Timeline is 8-10 weeks. They have to immobilize the leg, and then strength/conditioning. 8 weeks pretty much rules him out for the entirety of the postseason. But again, he should have a full and normal offseason.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:31 AM Post
I still think he could pinch hit during the World Series.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I still think he could pinch hit during the World Series.

I would take a one-legged Yelich over Freitas any day.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2019, 9:40 AM Post
DH in Yankee stadium with the short RF porch. Championship.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply