LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 1 post ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The "Baseball Cop" tells his story - Behind the Scenes of MLB's investigative team

Offline  The "Baseball Cop" tells his story - Behind the Scenes of MLB's investigative team

Posted: October 01, 2019, 6:29 AM Post
I found this read absolutely fascinating and thought it deserved its own thread. I shouldn't be surprised by all the shady business... but I am.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/ ... biogenesis

Some highlights:

Jordan Schafer's suspension:

At first we were allowed to go overseas and investigate American scouts stealing signing bonuses from young Dominican kids, American scouts changing the ages of young ballplayers, the human trafficking of American ballplayers, the domestic violence issues ballplayers got into that were being swept under the rug,” Dominguez said. “Including PEDs and HGH – we were the first professional league investigative unit that suspended a ballplayer for use of HGH. We did it not through testing, but through good old-fashioned gumshoe detective work.

On Human Trafficking:

”Yes, [human trafficking] is a league-wide problem,” he said. “If you follow MLB’S involvement in human trafficking, they really didn’t do much until 2014, and even during the 2016 FBI investigation that I testified in, they said very little. ... We had warned them that their policy on Cuban ballplayers led to various issues. I had interviewed many Cuban ballplayers and explained to [MLB] what was going on. And they knew what was going on, and they did nothing. They started doing something because they were questioned about what they knew and when they knew it.”

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
 [ 1 post ]  New Topic   Add Reply