LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Questions for 2020

Offline  Re: Questions for 2020

Posted: October 03, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
It's ridiculous to suggest Shaw wanted to be traded or released so he could play full time. I think you're missing the obvious. Did he really think there was a twam out there saying "we need a .150 hitter who can give us 600 ABs!" I mean who in the world would give him a full time role?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Questions for 2020

Posted: October 03, 2019, 10:12 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
It's ridiculous to suggest Shaw wanted to be traded or released so he could play full time. I think you're missing the obvious. Did he really think there was a twam out there saying "we need a .150 hitter who can give us 600 ABs!" I mean who in the world would give him a full time role?

Someone looking to tank a season?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 03, 2019, 11:03 PM Post
I like o get Drew back and add him with a Healthy knebel in the pen

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 03, 2019, 11:54 PM Post
adambr2 said:
There's a big, big difference between a player being upset because he was a solid regular MLB player and his performance declined so sharply that he was sent to the minor leagues (basically any competitive player), and a player being upset with his organization and wanting to leave because of his performance decline and subsequent demotion.

There's no evidence that suggests Shaw was the latter.

Plus the fact we kept him around for the playoffs. Shaw saw other players that were not performing either get shipped out like Aguilar or released like Chacin.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 03, 2019, 11:57 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
I like o get Drew back and add him with a Healthy knebel in the pen

Me too. These 2 along with Hader next year and our pen could be something special.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 5:07 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Give me a break. You wouldn't have brought it up if you didn't believe it. Of course he was unhappy. Because he played like crap in the majors.

Actually, I think I can bring something up and not have it be my opinion. I do it all the time for future reference.

Do I think Shaw would have preferred to be released versus staying here all year in the minors? Yes, I do. Once again, why would he not want that? He would have got paid the same and a team likely would have scooped him up and given him playing time for league minimum. By staying in the minors all year he had no way to prove himself. With another team he could have latched on with someone and proven he was worth offering arbitration to or to secure a starting job going into 2020 with. Now he very well could not get offered arbitration and never got another chance to prove himself.

Do I think he was demanding the Brewers release him? Probably not, doesn’t mean he didn’t wish it had happened.

This actually makes no more assumptions than someone saying he was fine being here and was fine sitting around in the minors all year. So maybe give yourself a break too? There may be ‘no evidence to back it up’, but you guys also have zippo evidence he didn’t want to be released.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 5:26 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Give me a break. You wouldn't have brought it up if you didn't believe it. Of course he was unhappy. Because he played like crap in the majors.

Actually, I think I can bring something up and not have it be my opinion. I do it all the time for future reference.

Do I think Shaw would have preferred to be released versus staying here all year in the minors? Yes, I do. Once again, why would he not want that? He would have got paid the same and a team likely would have scooped him up and given him playing time for league minimum. By staying in the minors all year he had no way to prove himself. With another team he could have latched on with someone and proven he was worth offering arbitration to or to secure a starting job going into 2020 with. Now he very well could not get offered arbitration and never got another chance to prove himself.

Do I think he was demanding the Brewers release him? Probably not, doesn’t mean he didn’t wish it had happened.

This actually makes no more assumptions than someone saying he was fine being here and was fine sitting around in the minors all year. So maybe give yourself a break too? There may be ‘no evidence to back it up’, but you guys also have zippo evidence he didn’t want to be released.

I already gave you multiple reasons why he might not want that -- possible opening at 3rd next year if Moose doesn't return, comfort level with Milwaukee, not losing any pay to try to fix things in the minors, no guarantee of any starting position anywhere else if he gets released.

Your last sentence is just weird. So we are going to start speculating that guys want to be traded or released if they struggle just because we can't prove otherwise? Why? Should I start whispering around here that I would guess Corbin Burnes and Freddy Peralta want out of Milwaukee if they don't crack the 2020 rotation so they can go prove themselves elsewhere?

Maybe David Stearns wants to get out of Milwaukee and head to a bigger market as soon as possible. There's no evidence to back it up, but you have no evidence that he doesn't want to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 6:26 AM Post
adambr2 said:
I already gave you multiple reasons why he might not want that -- possible opening at 3rd next year if Moose doesn't return, comfort level with Milwaukee, not losing any pay to try to fix things in the minors, no guarantee of any starting position anywhere else if he gets released.

Your last sentence is just weird. So we are going to start speculating that guys want to be traded or released if they struggle just because we can't prove otherwise? Why? Should I start whispering around here that I would guess Corbin Burnes and Freddy Peralta want out of Milwaukee if they don't crack the 2020 rotation so they can go prove themselves elsewhere?

Maybe David Stearns wants to get out of Milwaukee and head to a bigger market as soon as possible. There's no evidence to back it up, but you have no evidence that he doesn't want to.

I gave you multiple reason why he would.

You have no evidence that he wanted to be here.

I have a logical opinion, you have a logical opinion. Differing opinions is okay.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

That's fine. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. But it appears that if you were looking for others to agree with you, it won't happen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 8:06 AM Post
Let's move on from if Shaw was upset with the team or upset with himself! Shaw sucked was not a major part of the team this year, lets hope he finds some way to provide value next year.

Lot of question marks with the team this offseason with a lot of money to spend, it will be very interesting to see what DS does. I'd like to see Moose and Grandal back but definitely understand the points about both of them being on the older side of the spectrum so committing multi year deals to aging players usually doesn't work out the greatest.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2019, 8:06 AM Post
Let's move on from if Shaw was upset with the team or upset with himself! Shaw sucked was not a major part of the team this year, lets hope he finds some way to provide value next year.

Lot of question marks with the team this offseason with a lot of money to spend, it will be very interesting to see what DS does. I'd like to see Moose and Grandal back but definitely understand the points about both of them being on the older side of the spectrum so committing multi year deals to aging players usually doesn't work out the greatest.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 91 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply