LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]

Offline  Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]

Posted: October 19, 2019, 10:37 AM Post
Post on Reddit suggests the brewers will rebrand for 2020 and claims to have a worthy source. The news of AmFam park was leaked before the news broke earlier this year as well. Take it with a grain of salt but with Nike taking control of the uniforms and Miller no longer as a sponsor it seems like it could be legit.

*REVIEWING THE BREW ALSO POSTED: https://twitter.com/ReviewngTheBrew/sta ... 39264?s=20

Brewers 50 year anniversary as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Brewers/commen ... ame=iossmf

Last edited by IntentionalHBP on October 19, 2019, 11:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand **Rumor**

Posted: October 19, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
The retro logo rebrand is painfully obvious and I’m not exactly shocked if it involves a full rebrand. Seemed pretty inevitable they would dump the logo modeled after the Miller ‘M’ since naming rights are gone.

I guess I was expecting it in 2021 when the stadium name changed, but the jersey provider change makes some sense...and I suppose the 50th anniversary.

It isn’t a question of ‘if’, but when if you ask me. I will be so happy if/when the current logo is gone and the front scripting changes on the uniforms...one can hope.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers Rebrand

Posted: October 19, 2019, 12:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
I like the current uniforms, but they've had a good and long 20 season run. It makes sense to change things back and go back to the classic logo, similarly to what teams like Toronto and Baltimore have done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand

Posted: October 19, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
I much prefer the Miller M logo to the Ball in Glove, at least in terms of what I'll buy and wear. I think the BiG looks cartoonish on me, though I think it looks fine on the players.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2019, 1:48 PM Post
Don't do the ball and glove. For the love of God don't do the ball and glove.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2019, 2:00 PM Post
Of course you do the ball and glove. It never should've been changed from the ball in glove in the first place. Whether these new uniforms are good or not will have nothing to do with the obvious return to BiG, it will be the colors and design.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
I freaking hate the fact that Nike is the uniform company. I stopped buying anything with a Nike logo, I mean anything.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2019, 4:33 PM Post
JimH5 said:
I much prefer the Miller M logo to the Ball in Glove, at least in terms of what I'll buy and wear. I think the BiG looks cartoonish on me, though I think it looks fine on the players.

I'd take the BiG in navy/gold (NOT YELLOW) as a sleeve logo, but otherwise I greatly prefer EVERYTHING about the current primary uniforms over any version of retro.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
The Brewers rebuild, rebrand, and AmFam Park should coincide well with life after the players strike in 2021. We will likely look back at the 2017-2020 years with a twinkle in our eye because of how many games were meaningful and how well we did in the last days of Miller Park.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
It will be interesting to see if there is a more modern day looking logo created similar to the current logo OR the current ‘M’ may stay. It doesn’t have to be trashed...though again, the Miller tie makes me think they would. Especially since the break up with Miller seems to be a big reason the switch is happening in the first place.

For what it is worth the Orioles made a change, but still use the previous primary logo. So one could dream if the really hate the BiG logo.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 10:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
I freaking hate the fact that Nike is the uniform company. I stopped buying anything with a Nike logo, I mean anything.

I'm just curious why that is? If it's too political for here, I understand.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 11:20 AM Post
Yes, he's been on record many times re: NFL/Nike/flag

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 12:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Let's leave it at that and keep the discussion on the Brewers re-branding. Thanks gents.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
About time. Why did it take this long? Probably the most boring uniforms in baseball. Absolutely bring the ball and glove back. They better not screw this up.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 3:22 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I would expect the barley M to stick around as an alternative. If they go with something like the spring training unis I’ll be happy. Block lettering, pinstripes, and baby blue can stay in the past.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
If they are doing a ReBrand, I think we see the Miller M gone for good. I hope they usher in the Ball in Glove in a new way, and we keep some form of it forever.

It is such a shame that we have to part ways with Miller, it just fit so well.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 4:50 PM Post
With some of the crazy NBA uniforms, I'm scared about what they've come up with for the brewers.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think Nike uniforms typically looks great. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 6:52 PM Post
I'd like to see a gold uniform with blue pinstripes as at least an alternative.

BiG for the cap, but the crossed bats logo for the jersey (I'll say it, I liked the crossed bats logo). The M with the barley on the sleeves.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 20, 2019, 7:19 PM Post
I am sorry, but that 90s logo is the worst I have ever seen. I am sure there are worse...but that thing is a disaster.

I didn’t mind that gold alternate they had a few years back...but blue pinstripes (any for that matter), no thank you.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next  [ 266 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply