LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand
Posted: October 30, 2019, 7:36 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
jerichoholicninja said:
jerichoholicninja said:
I think the one thing we can agree on is that whatever they do, the vast majority of people will immediately hate it.

I will never tell anyone how they should feel, but I don’t get the hate. First of all, a team logo should give a team their identity. When you see the cubs “c” you instantly know it’s the cubs. The brewers have had basically 5 logos in 50 years. You don’t see iconic brands doing that, like Coca Cola, etc. My hope is to have one logo and stick with it. For better or worse, the ball in glove is forever linked to this franchise more than any other logo and I’m happy it’s back,

[smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]
Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:45 AM Post
Yeah, franchises that don't have an identity continue to change their logos, colors, etc... It'd be great to get back to the ball and glove and leave the damn thing alone.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 9:56 AM Post
To me the ball and glove is not about 82'. It is just one of the best logos in baseball and sports history. I am fine with them going back to it but with navy and yellow/gold, prefer it to the royal and yellow. I actually quite liked the M and barley wheat and will miss it. But the ball and glove is great.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 10:58 AM Post
BrewCrewForever said:
To me the ball and glove is not about 82'.

Isn't that done by now. Yes it was their only world series appearance, but this team has gone to the playoffs in 4 of the last 12 seasons. Yes still in the early to mid 2000's, i'd give you that if they did this it was to go back to the days of 82, but this franchise is making new memories. I agree with you this is about bringing back one of the best logos in baseball and not reliving the past.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 12:06 PM Post
Memories of game 5 of the ‘82 ALCS still easily trump all the newer memories for me sadly.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 2:06 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I do not want the Brewers to ever have a "timeless" look, we are not the Yankees and never will be. We do not have 20-some championships to remember.

Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era. Even with the leak I still think there is no way they bring back uniforms that resemble the 80s. Even if they do pinstripes/block lettering I still expect solid navy blue home alternatives with cursive. Fans like options and not everyone likes the 80s look. But most do like the ball/glove. The Brewers know this. So I would be shocked to see an 80s-heavy redesign except for the ball/glove.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
My personal thought is "I don't care"

If it's the ball and glove with a bit of a different blue, I don't care. If the M and B are attached or not attached, I don't care. as long as the logo says "Brewers" and it's not a mish-mash of ugly colors that don't go together, I'm not going to get up in arms about it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 2:21 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
My personal thought is "I don't care"

If it's the ball and glove with a bit of a different blue, I don't care. If the M and B are attached or not attached, I don't care. as long as the logo says "Brewers" and it's not a mish-mash of ugly colors that don't go together, I'm not going to get up in arms about it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 4:18 PM Post
owbc said:
Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era.

Wow, pretty harsh towards the 90s. They had some solid teams. Wasn’t it 1998 they printed playoff tickets before a miserable Sept? I still have them in my dad’s house. Jeff Cirillo, Fernando Vina, Mark Loretta, jeromy Burnitz, David Nilsson, John Jaha....all good players. Even Jose Valentin, despite his strikeouts and poor D, was good. We had solid bullpens. If we had any pitching at all, we might have had winning seasons

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 4:22 PM Post
owbc said:
I do not want the Brewers to ever have a "timeless" look, we are not the Yankees and never will be. We do not have 20-some championships to remember.

Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era. Even with the leak I still think there is no way they bring back uniforms that resemble the 80s. Even if they do pinstripes/block lettering I still expect solid navy blue home alternatives with cursive. Fans like options and not everyone likes the 80s look. But most do like the ball/glove. The Brewers know this. So I would be shocked to see an 80s-heavy redesign except for the ball/glove.

The opposite of timeless would be something along the lines of trendy (or at least mirroring the fashions of the time, however well or poorly). That's the farthest thing from what I want -- like the Mets clinging to black alternates years after black-as-primary proved to be the horrible idea it was (which the Marlins still haven't figured out, not surprisingly).

I don't want to be the Yankees. But I want a uniform that looks good & classy no matter the era and the change of trends. That's "timeless" to me.

If a ball/glove logo is to be the primary, I'd still rather they mess only with colors, not the design itself (outside of the seams of the ball, which is minor enough to me that I don't care).

As for eras, the ball/glove logo-era uniforms had a mostly good run, all told, though many seem to forget that the mid-'80s (Lachemann & Bamberger 2.0 eras) were so atrocious that we earned the #1 pick one year -- a feat not duplicated since (in spite of the early 2000s bottoming out). Then the late '80s produced almost all winning years (thank you, Tom Trebelhorn, plus Garner's Year 1) and those uniforms lasted through the playoffs-near-miss in '92 plus Yount's 3,000th hit year. The uniforms so many didn't like in the '90s lasted only 6 years total (3 years of the initial version that included green as an accent, 3 years of the quietly revised version), not the whole decade.... No particular agenda to this paragraph, just that it's fun looking back & worth noting a few details that some here on this board remember first-hand and some may not have even been alive for.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 5:41 PM Post
I like both the old color scheme and the new. Any ball in glove logo, slightly modified or not, is much better than the last one. What ends up as the official logo might not have much bearing on what's on the jerseys, and the differences in the logo isn't something that'll be really noticable on a jersey patch anyway. If the leak turns out to be accurate, I'm more then fine with that. I just wish we haven't been given hope that the BiG is coming back only to be disappointed...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 7:19 PM Post
DHonks said:
owbc said:
Each uniform theme in Brewers history is associated with a specific era. The 80s are the classic look, the 90s are forgettable (both the look and the players wearing the jerseys), the 2000s-2010s are the Miller Park/Ryan Braun era.

Wow, pretty harsh towards the 90s. They had some solid teams. Wasn’t it 1998 they printed playoff tickets before a miserable Sept? I still have them in my dad’s house. Jeff Cirillo, Fernando Vina, Mark Loretta, jeromy Burnitz, David Nilsson, John Jaha....all good players. Even Jose Valentin, despite his strikeouts and poor D, was good. We had solid bullpens. If we had any pitching at all, we might have had winning seasons

Some solid teams? They finished second place one single time...that was their highest accomplishment. I think the gas a 83 win team, an 80 win team, and then all down hill from there.

The 90s teams sucked and their uniforms were quite fitting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 8:22 PM Post
I am okay with modifying uniforms and logos for different eras as long as the colors and themes are consistent. I like how the Pirates have had had many uniform changes but still keep consistent colors, concepts, and the same “P”.

I think that is the right way to do it. You can balance tradition and identity with change also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
100% agreed AJAY.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 10:22 PM Post

GIF Master
There's too much focus on "eras." You don't need some sort of fashion identity to go along with an era. The BiG logo is an all-time great and it was a gigantic mistake to get rid of it. Just bring it back as THE Brewers logo and be done with it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 30, 2019, 11:30 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
DHonks said:
owbc said:

Some solid teams? They finished second place one single time...that was their highest accomplishment. I think the gas a 83 win team, an 80 win team, and then all down hill from there.

The 90s teams sucked and their uniforms were quite fitting.

MrTPlush, as is usual, we disagree. In this case it's on the wording. I replied that they had some solid players on those teams, listing quite a few good players. You're focusing on the end product of those teams--their records. However, they even had a few competitive (you'll argue the word "competitive," but I mean around .500. In other words "not miserable") years that unfortunately didn't break the losing ways of the 90s. In 1997 they were over .500 in early September. In 1998 they were over .500 into early August. Some other years weren't so bad. In hindsight, we had a good core of players. We weren't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately we had an owner that couldn't keep up with the modern economics of the game, an outdated ballpark with limited revenue streams, a weak GM, and terrible results with early draft picks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
AJAY said:
I am okay with modifying uniforms and logos for different eras as long as the colors and themes are consistent. I like how the Pirates have had had many uniform changes but still keep consistent colors, concepts, and the same “P”.

I think that is the right way to do it. You can balance tradition and identity with change also.

This x100. The ball in glove is classic and among the best logos in sports, period. No we don’t have 27 World Series titles, but that doesn’t mean our logo isn’t great, even perfect.

Make the ball in glove, in its current glorious perfect form, the primary logo. Forever. However else you want to tweak the jerseys/colors...hey go nuts.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
AJAY said:

This x100. The ball in glove is classic and among the best logos in sports, period. No we don’t have 27 World Series titles, but that doesn’t mean our logo isn’t great, even perfect.

Make the ball in glove, in its current glorious perfect form, the primary logo. Forever. However else you want to tweak the jerseys/colors...hey go nuts.

100% agree with both posts above.

100%!!!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:35 AM Post
The Padres are doing good and bad so far from what I can see with their rebrand from the picture below.

The good:
-Returning to the colors that ARE the Padres (brown and yellow)
-The swinging friar is prominent

The bad:
-Is it the historical brown or is it so dark brown it looks black? This would be bad

Now most of this is pure speculation as nothing has been announced but:

1. I wish the Brewers wouldn't have modified the BiG period. The centering of the ball, addition of stitching and connecting the M and the B still feel like tweaks for the sake of tweaks. However, it will be something that we probably won't care about in a year or two. I can deal with it.
2. I would have also preferred the colors return to royal and yellow, as I feel that combination is the Brewers. Royal, while other teams like the Cubs, Dodgers and Royals have them, isn't featured prominently with yellow. It's a unique look to the Brewers (since the Mariners updated their uniforms in the 90s). Navy just isn't exciting to me. Hopefully they keep the royal/yellow as an alternate. Cream should be looked at as an addition given its history in Milwaukee.
3. Much like the Swinging Friar, feature the Barrelman. That is an iconic look for the Brewers and I think they did a great job of updating his look a few years back.

Overall, I am excited for the new look and hope they hit it out of the ballpark like the Bucks did with their rebrand.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
I can confirm that the logo on the Bernie the Brewer baseball card is the logo.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply