LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:55 AM Post

GIF Master
The San Diego branding above is good overall, but I'm not sure about the name change to "Jayce Tingler."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 11:56 AM Post
Its interesting, they only wore the regular "home" uniform with the white top and white pants 19 times in 2019. They wore either the Blue "Milwaukee" jersey, or the Blue "Brewers" jersey 38 times.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 12:49 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I can confirm that the logo on the Bernie the Brewer baseball card is the logo.

can you share how you can?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:06 PM Post
It is pretty obvious at this point that is the logo short of the official announcement.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:09 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Its interesting, they only wore the regular "home" uniform with the white top and white pants 19 times in 2019. They wore either the Blue "Milwaukee" jersey, or the Blue "Brewers" jersey 38 times.

Because the players like them and the players typically pick the uniform outside of special days (notably the starter). That is why the retro uniform has made many appearances outside Friday...usually when the team is streaking. I will never forget when we were sucking so bad and the team was so desperate for something they started wearing the BP uniforms.

Where did you find that? I was trying to look up that exact information and couldn't find it. I thought there was a site of some sort that tracked it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:15 PM Post
https://uniformlineup.com/milwaukee/mil ... i-lineups/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
This "new" logo looks like it was created by a Marketing Intern with access to Photoshop in about 15 minutes.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:17 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
It is pretty obvious at this point that is the logo short of the official announcement.

yes I agree that it would be shocking if it wasn't. I was just curious on how he can confirm that it is, since the brewers are saying nothing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:21 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Any word on the uniforms?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 1:24 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
https://uniformlineup.com/milwaukee/mil-daily-uni-lineups/

Thanks, I remember that site.

The royal retro jersey was worn just as much as the white home uniform.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 2:23 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I can also get behind AJAY's comments. Well said.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 3:31 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
Brew4U said:

I don’t like to be that guy that says they have a source (as I rarely ever do) but I just know someone connected with the Brewers who shared with me that the mistake was by Topps to release that card before the Brewers were ready to release it themselves. I know nothing else about it other than that. So no uniform news and what I shared isn’t exactly breaking news as most have guessed that the logo is that anyways.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 4:22 PM Post
Brew4U said:
patrickgpe said:
Brew4U said:

I don’t like to be that guy that says they have a source (as I rarely ever do) but I just know someone connected with the Brewers who shared with me that the mistake was by Topps to release that card before the Brewers were ready to release it themselves. I know nothing else about it other than that. So no uniform news and what I shared isn’t exactly breaking news as most have guessed that the logo is that anyways.

Brew4U aka High Heat

Just kidding. Thanks for sharing inside information.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 8:03 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
This "new" logo looks like it was created by a Marketing Intern with access to Photoshop in about 15 minutes.

I, for one, will be doing my part to protest this by never buying a piece of Brewers merchandise with that bastardization. Yes they are small changes...but they blew it.

Seriously, how hard is this to not screw up? You have such a fantastic logo. It’s almost universally loved, and the overwhelming majority of fans want it back. No one is calling for any changes to it, we just want it back.

So just freaking use it. As is. No work required. No logo designer needs to be hired so he can tweak it and justify the money wasted on what you’re paying him for this. Adjust the jerseys all you want but don’t change what doesn’t need changing.

I’m becoming more upset (well...equally upset) about how stupid the decision is the change the logo at all than I am about the changes themselves.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
A Swing and A Drive said:

I, for one, will be doing my part to protest this by never buying a piece of Brewers merchandise with that bastardization. Yes they are small changes...but they blew it.

Seriously, how hard is this to not screw up? You have such a fantastic logo. It’s almost universally loved, and the overwhelming majority of fans want it back. No one is calling for any changes to it, we just want it back.

So just freaking use it. As is. No work required. No logo designer needs to be hired so he can tweak it and justify the money wasted on what you’re paying him for this. Adjust the jerseys all you want but don’t change what doesn’t need changing.

I’m becoming more upset (well...equally upset) about how stupid the decision is the change the logo at all than I am about the changes themselves.

I personally was always bothered by the weird squiggly seam on the old logo, so I'm glad they updated it to make it look like a real baseball. Everything else looks pretty much the same to me. I mean, are we really going to get upset because the centered the ball?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 8:24 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I personally was always bothered by the weird squiggly seam on the old logo, so I'm glad they updated it to make it look like a real baseball. Everything else looks pretty much the same to me. I mean, are we really going to get upset because the centered the ball?

I am *shrug*. The seams - meh no big deal, go ahead and change them. But the rest, even though they are small tweaks, somehow look...just worse, cheaper.

Look, I know it’s petty and such a small deal, and at the end of the day I’m not actually as upset as my ranting here leads on. But we all know that our teams irrationally, to some small extent, become part of our identity. And tweaking what was already perfect and ingrained in many of us as the truest Brewers logo just rubs me the wrong way, makes me uncomfortable, makes me a little sad.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I am *shrug*. The seams - meh no big deal, go ahead and change them. But the rest, even though they are small tweaks, somehow look...just worse, cheaper.

Look, I know it’s petty and such a small deal, and at the end of the day I’m not actually as upset as my ranting here leads on. But we all know that our teams irrationally, to some small extent, become part of our identity. And tweaking what was already perfect and ingrained in many of us as the truest Brewers logo just rubs me the wrong way, makes me uncomfortable, makes me a little sad.

Not even close to how 13-year-old me felt betrayed in 1994 when they replaced that iconic logo with that horrible generic Motre Bame knockoff. Can you imagine the uproar if social media was an actual thing back then? I don't care that they are tweaking the logo, just as long as they finally right that wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 31, 2019, 10:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
I’m guessing the overwhelming majority of baseball fans will not even notice the changes to the ball in glove itself.

I never noticed the original had the Pepsi seam instead of actual seams until it was pointed out & now kind of wonder why it never had actual seams in the first place.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2019, 4:48 AM Post
My wishlist for the new uniforms:

Pinstripes as the main home uniform
A cream colored alternate home uniform.
A yellow alternate uniform
Incorporate a Barrelman hat with one of the sets

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 01, 2019, 5:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
sveumrules said:
I’m guessing the overwhelming majority of baseball fans will not even notice the changes to the ball in glove itself.

I never noticed the original had the Pepsi seam instead of actual seams until it was pointed out & now kind of wonder why it never had actual seams in the first place.

The only time I notice that other teams make major uniform changes is when those changes are really really ugly or awful. This is some minor cosmetic changes oh, so like you said, nobody other than fans of the Brewers is even going to notice.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply