LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 262 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]
Posted: November 08, 2019, 4:00 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
I think they are way too far into the process to make changes. I am sure all of the new merchandise is printed and sitting at Miller Park now. Its not changing. Also I don't get the backlash, minus that it is a little different that it was before. I would argue it now looks more like a glove without the white void between the m&B. I just think it looks different than what we have been used to for 30-40 years. In a year, I think its a non story.

Also all of this backlash is from 2 groups (you are living in the past by having an old logo and you ruined the best logo in baseball by making changes). Its probably true that right now that more than half of brewer fans fit into these groups so you are going to get backlash. you can't please everyone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

At least I think we can all agree that the new logo is still an improvement on Tom Meindel's original design. Even the logo the team ended up going with had subtle tweaks.

Lol. Please bring that back.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 4:44 PM Post
I do prefer the darker color scheme. The ball now looks more like a baseball. The original logo looks a little more glove like, as moving the ball to the center looks like it is on the heel instead of the pocket of the glove, and the wider 'fingers' of the m compensates better for it being a 3-finger glove. However I think those changes make the m and the b pop out better, considering to this day there are some who totally miss that from the original logo and think it is just a glove. As for enclosing it in a circle, just looking at how bad the Milwaukee Brewers lettering around the original logo is, having a circle to guide them is a good idea.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 6:15 PM Post
I could be wrong, but I don’t think anyone is taking issue with putting the large circle around the ball-and-glove. I think some people are more upset with just the tweaking of the ball-and-glove itself. . . Am I correct ?

I actually wish the laces on the baseball were red and not yellow. To me, it seemed red in the original leaked logo on the Topps baseball card . . . Although I know that image was not clear and I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 7:21 PM Post
Few Things:

The old logo did not look like the ball was being caught in the pocket of the glove...or even close for that matter. All people ever said (non Brewer fans) was who catches a ball in the heel of the glove.

The circle will not be around the logo on most things. While the circle will be in the official logo it will only be a jersey patch for the most part. Hat and many other things will just be the logo alone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 7:29 PM Post
I be more curious about what they are doing with the Jerseys

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 8:04 PM Post
There was a leaked bobblehead that featured the new logo on a navy hat, white jersey with navy pinstripes, and a 50th anniversary patch. Whatever is on the front couldn’t really be seen.

I’d link it, but I saw it on Facebook so I can’t really post it here from my phone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
That’s what I was expecting, would be interested to see the font. I don’t know the answer but can you post a screenshot here?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 8:55 PM Post
If Drew Olson is correct, cream alternates would be awesome. They would look way better than those yellows from a few seasons back. I did have some hope that they would have cream homes similar to what the giants do, but that doesn’t appear to be happening.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 9:08 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
That’s what I was expecting, would be interested to see the font. I don’t know the answer but can you post a screenshot here?

I would if I was on a computer. Not really feasible on my phone. It was a I-94 rivalry bobblehead the bobblehead hall of game does every year...FOCO branded. I searched the internet for it and could not find it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 9:13 PM Post
Ok, sounds like the font wasn’t clear anyway and it’s exactly what I was expecting. Thanks for the info

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 08, 2019, 11:04 PM Post
https://twitter.com/WI2AZ_Schmitty/stat ... 83328?s=19

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
Padres unveiled their new uniforms tonight, I think they successfully did what I Hope the brewers will do. didn’t go full throwback but honored their past nicely. I do think pinstripes on the road uniforms is questionable though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 09, 2019, 10:01 PM Post
Yeah Padres did it right, just like the Blue Jays and Astros before them. Updated a classic look without unnecessarily tinkering with a beloved logo.

While I wish the Brewers just left a great logo alone, I’m not opposed to tweaks. The Blue Jays did tinker with the classic logo...they just managed to do it well.

I’m sadly resigned to the fact the Brewers have managed to not follow suit

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 1:54 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
In a strange way, I think it was very possible that they could have messed it up WAY more then they actually did.

This is my overall takeaway, based on the information we have so far (and on my memories of the ball-glove to Motre-Bame switch).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Unless you are just mad that they changed the logo at all, I don’t see how they can mess this up. Based on what was leaked it seems like they updated their uniforms from 82.

Maybe your definition of messing up is different than mine, but I think a case of a mess up is the pistons to take their classic bad boys uniforms and changed it to whatever they was that grant hill wore.

I think this is like the name change from miller to American family. Everyone was up in arms when it was announced and now it is rarely talked about.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Unless you are just mad that they changed the logo at all, I don’t see how they can mess this up. Based on what was leaked it seems like they updated their uniforms from 82.

Maybe your definition of messing up is different than mine, but I think a case of a mess up is the pistons to take their classic bad boys uniforms and changed it to whatever they was that grant hill wore.

I think this is like the name change from miller to American family. Everyone was up in arms when it was announced and now it is rarely talked about.

I'm not happy about the change from Miller, but the ah-ha moment came in the last couple of weeks when Miller was dropped from the company name. Its now Molson Coors.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 3:48 PM Post
I wonder if those that were so up in arms about the field name change have come back down to earth and realize that Miller isn’t even a company anymore [laughing]

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I wonder if those that were so up in arms about the field name change have come back down to earth and realize that Miller isn’t even a company anymore [laughing]

Miller was still a company when people were originally up in arms, so there is that.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 8:42 PM Post
Much like Wrigley Field being Wrigley...I really don’t care. I’d still rather have Miller Park be the name.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 262 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply