LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:31 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

I’m sadly resigned to the fact the Brewers have managed to not follow suit

Unless you are just mad that they changed the logo at all, I don’t see how they can mess this up. Based on what was leaked it seems like they updated their uniforms from.

If given the choice, yes I would vote to leave the original logo alone, it is great and no one was asking to change it. But I’m not totally opposed to some tweaks if done well, and understand the tweaks that were made are small. I just think overall, the sum of those tweaks, the end product is just...worse.

If you absolutely need to change something, then go ahead and fill in the white webbing and change the seams on the ball, no big deal. I even think there are other changes that probably could’ve been made and still look ok. But the rest of the changes they made creates an end result that just doesn’t look right. The ball is less centered, the whole thing looks oddly skinny and taller. Yeah it’s little things, but the overall effect is just worse. At least to me it is. And that’s especially disappointing when literally doing nothing to the logo would’ve satisfied pretty much everyone.

I also really don’t like connecting the bridge between the m and the b. Not only do I think it looks worse, but the old logo was, literally, an “m” and a “b”. We all fondly remember the moment we learned that. Now, while obviously subtle and nitpicky, technically that is no longer true.

Last edited by BuckyBrewer61 on November 10, 2019, 10:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 10:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
The logo appears to have transformed from an infielders glove into an outfield mitt.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2019, 11:21 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I wonder if those that were so up in arms about the field name change have come back down to earth and realize that Miller isn’t even a company anymore [laughing]

After going to T-Mobile Park this year where they have attempted to make a pink sponsor blend with a green palette I have realized that things could be much, much worse.

The Brewers will have a great opportunity to rebrand everything in their stadium at once with the new logo+colors+sponsor.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 9:08 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
patrickgpe said:
BuckyBrewer61 said:

I’m sadly resigned to the fact the Brewers have managed to not follow suit

Unless you are just mad that they changed the logo at all, I don’t see how they can mess this up. Based on what was leaked it seems like they updated their uniforms from.

If given the choice, yes I would vote to leave the original logo alone, it is great and no one was asking to change it. But I’m not totally opposed to some tweaks if done well, and understand the tweaks that were made are small. I just think overall, the sum of those tweaks, the end product is just...worse.

If you absolutely need to change something, then go ahead and fill in the white webbing and change the seams on the ball, no big deal. I even think there are other changes that probably could’ve been made and still look ok. But the rest of the changes they made creates an end result that just doesn’t look right. The ball is less centered, the whole thing looks oddly skinny and taller. Yeah it’s little things, but the overall effect is just worse. At least to me it is. And that’s especially disappointing when literally doing nothing to the logo would’ve satisfied pretty much everyone.

I also really don’t like connecting the bridge between the m and the b. Not only do I think it looks worse, but the old logo was, literally, an “m” and a “b”. We all fondly remember the moment we learned that. Now, while obviously subtle and nitpicky, technically that is no longer true.

Sums up my feelings perfectly as well. Great post.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
owbc said:
Brew4U said:
I wonder if those that were so up in arms about the field name change have come back down to earth and realize that Miller isn’t even a company anymore [laughing]

After going to T-Mobile Park this year where they have attempted to make a pink sponsor blend with a green palette I have realized that things could be much, much worse.

The Brewers will have a great opportunity to rebrand everything in their stadium at once with the new logo+colors+sponsor.

Or incorporating a giant down arrow like down on the South Side of Chicago.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 3:37 PM Post
Baldkin said:
owbc said:
Brew4U said:

Or incorporating a giant down arrow like down on the South Side of Chicago.

That is the ultimate fail. The White Sox has signed the agreement and when the company presented what they wanted on the signs the White Sox tried to get them to make it look like a home plate. They said “Nope!” and now they have that cringe worthy field name/logo. White Sox should have realized what their logo is...thus they did not.

We are likely a week away from the rebrand announcement. The team store opens next Monday at 7pm. As I mentioned early on in the thread that’s a real strange time to open up a team store. Hints at something earlier in the day may be announced prior.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 5:00 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
We are likely a week away from the rebrand announcement. The team store opens next Monday at 7pm. As I mentioned early on in the thread that’s a real strange time to open up a team store. Hints at something earlier in the day may be announced prior.

Said on the radio today that a press event to unveil the new logo/uniforms is being held next week. They didn’t say exactly when.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 5:10 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
MrTPlush said:

Said on the radio today that a press event to unveil the new logo/uniforms is being held next week. They didn’t say exactly when.

Thanks, that pretty much confirms a Monday presser.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Much like Wrigley Field being Wrigley...I really don’t care. I’d still rather have Miller Park be the name.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 6:57 PM Post
The Miller Park name will be phased out with relentless mentioning of Amfam Park until it seems so normal to call the place Amfam (or whatever it will be called). After a couple of seasons, it will seem bizarre to call it Miller anymore, although brewerfan will keep the Miller thing going.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 6:59 PM Post
rickh150 said:
The Miller Park name will be phased out with relentless mentioning of Amfam Park until it seems so normal to call the place Amfam (or whatever it will be called). After a couple of seasons, it will seem bizarre to call it Miller anymore, although brewerfan will keep the Miller thing going.

It's still the Marcus Amphitheater to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 6:59 PM Post
When they're not side by side, the differences start to fade into the background. Comparing the both of them, the original starts to have a certain "fatness" that starts to not look right. By May, most fans probably wont notice the difference any more.

It is ironic, though, that a team that played Mike Moustakis at second base is going to a primary logo that highlights defense, haha.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 7:06 PM Post
All told, if they just got rid of the bridge between the m and the b and kept them separated, I think it’d actually be ok. The more I stare at it, the more that sticks out as the most egregious error.

Also, I still call it the First Wisconsin building

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 8:59 PM Post

Ok here are my best mobile device amateur photo editing skills in all their glory

Just losing the bridge alone and restoring the true “m” and “b” makes this logo update 10x more palatable to me

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 9:41 PM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Ok here are my best mobile device amateur photo editing skills in all their glory

Just losing the bridge alone and restoring the true “m” and “b” makes this logo update 10x more palatable to me

Agree. The bridge is the part that I dislike. Reminds me in for unnecessary yellow material in “Milwaukee” on the navy blue jerseys, where the seam is on the chest. That excess yellow always seemed off to me, just like this bridge will.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2019, 11:24 PM Post
I can't help but accept that this change is upon us. I'm very interested to see what it all ends up like. That said...

As much as I think the "normal" ball/glove logo is still pure genius, I absolutely hate that a) they're messing with it at all, and more importantly, b) they're ditching what I think is the best uniform/logo combo they've ever had and one of the best in all of MLB -- perhaps ever -- classic & classy in its style, modern in that it doesn't look antiquated like any teams currently or once in NY, CHI, or the Red Sox.

. . . . And I'm not talking about the navy/yellow of the past couple years, either -- YUCK. Navy/gold. M/barley. Period. Ball/glove should be on the sleeve in navy/gold -- except on alternates where the two logos' locations would be reversed (something I wish they would've done but never have).

I accept that I seem to be in the minority here. So be it. I'll be snatching up all the current stuff I can that looks good. . . . At least the new main color is a version of navy & not royal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 10:22 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:

Amen to this. I have been one of the more vocal opponents of the change and just seeing this picture makes it look much better and almost indistinguishable to the untrained eye.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 11:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
I guess I see zero problem with the change. I think when you're looking at a small bit of the logo between the m and the b and that is the deciding factor between liking it or not, that's the definition of nitpicking, IMO.

Honestly, now that the ball seam issue has been pointed out on the old one, it actually bothers me more than any of the other changes to the revised version...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 12:01 PM Post
They have people talking about the Brewers in November with the Packers 8-2. Well timed if nothing else. And opening the store, opening a new restaurant, they are just doing a good job of most things these days.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
I guess I see zero problem with the change. I think when you're looking at a small bit of the logo between the m and the b and that is the deciding factor between liking it or not, that's the definition of nitpicking, IMO.

Honestly, now that the ball seam issue has been pointed out on the old one, it actually bothers me more than any of the other changes to the revised version...

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean it’s insignificant. IMO the bridge noticeably changes the logo for the worse, and to me that isn’t nitpicky.

The ball seam is a very small change too. So if that bothers you, you can understand how the bridge bothers others.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply