LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logo Leaked? ~ Post #104]
Posted: November 12, 2019, 7:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
BuckyBrewer61 said:
PeaveyFury said:
I guess I see zero problem with the change. I think when you're looking at a small bit of the logo between the m and the b and that is the deciding factor between liking it or not, that's the definition of nitpicking, IMO.

Honestly, now that the ball seam issue has been pointed out on the old one, it actually bothers me more than any of the other changes to the revised version...

Just because it’s small doesn’t mean it’s insignificant. IMO the bridge noticeably changes the logo for the worse, and to me that isn’t nitpicky.

The ball seam is a very small change too. So if that bothers you, you can understand how the bridge bothers others.

Exactly why I said IMO. But I think 99.9% of the fan base will embrace the 'new' logo without much fuss.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
When I go to Phoenix to watch a ball game (Brewers visiting there or not), I still refer to Chase Field as Bank One Ballpark. I know, it's just a different bank name and Field instead of Park, but I thought Bank One Ballpark sounded better and less corporate, if that makes sense. It just rolled off the tongue better, in my opinion.

And, I agree with others. If they get rid of that bridge between the M and the B, I'd be fine with it. Right now, I find that part distracting.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 9:50 AM Post
I vote we just change to the players weekend uniform fulltime, every single day. Nothing to complain about if you can't see it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 11:34 AM Post
When does this get released?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 14, 2019, 11:53 AM Post
I think Monday, but nothing official from the team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 15, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
Suter, Hiura, and Woodruff will be on hand Monday for a short period of time to sign autographs at the grand reopening. I am guessing they are also in Milwaukee to be apart of the unveiling of the new uniforms...aka model. Just a hunch.

They will have special giveaways all week featuring random junk you don't need if you spend $150+. Also a better gift package for a limited number of people that buy an authentic jersey first.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
Today is supposed to be the day right? Weird we've had zero build up to this by the team

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 9:39 AM Post
You would think a press conference for the unvail would have been on the docket for the media to attend or something during the day today. Maybe it is all being done tonight thought at 7pm.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 9:51 AM Post
Well when the diamondbacks did their new uniforms there was zero buildup or prior announcement.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:01 AM Post
They just tweeted that there will be an announcement at 6:30 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:12 AM Post
Teams rarely build up a uniform change. I am guessing it helps sales to make it more an element of surprise. Probably leads to more reactionary buys. They have to do it today though, literally no option not to. The 50th anniversary logo has a BiG logo on it...which I am sure is the new version as it has the new colors. They have a giveaway for people buying an authentic jersey...which will of course feature the 50th logo and of course the new jerseys.

I like the 50th logo though, applause to whoever designed it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:19 AM Post
the padres hyped the brown is back for weeks, but you are right it is rare to do that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:46 AM Post
Is it just me or is it weird that they're using the navy/gold colors and M barley logo in the announcement?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:50 AM Post
twofistedslopper said:
Is it just me or is it weird that they're using the navy/gold colors and M barley logo in the announcement?

Well, if you were going to announce a new brand/logo, would you use that logo on the hype announcement? Would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 10:51 AM Post
The Brewers made a pretty huge advance deal about unveiling the new uniforms & logos at Brewers Fest in 1994. There's been some degree of advance notice on the changes for '97 & '00, too.

As to whether or not doing so is rare, well, the Marlins' recent examples are the total opposite of rare. And we're not living in other markets to know fully how much PR those various unveilings get. In most cases, we're left to make assumptions based on what's revealed on social media -- an important aspect of PR but far from the only angle people in the local market would get.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 11:14 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
twofistedslopper said:

Well, if you were going to announce a new brand/logo, would you use that logo on the hype announcement? Would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Right, but I wouldn't use the old one either. Doesn't exactly convey that a new logo/brand is being unveiled.

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks, would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 11:37 AM Post

GIF Master
I still can't believe they ditched the BiG for Motre Bame and the horrible color scheme.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
twofistedslopper said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
twofistedslopper said:

Right, but I wouldn't use the old one either. Doesn't exactly convey that a new logo/brand is being unveiled.

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks, would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.

Pretty sure that is what they are going for. They want it to come as a surprise and shock to the casual fans - hence continuing to use the "current" logo to throw people off the scent. It is no coincidence that this is happening roughly a week and a half from Black Friday, and two weeks from Cyber Monday as well. It's all about maximizing the almighty buck.

Or perhaps the livestream is simply to announce that Jordan Lyles has been resigned [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 12:09 PM Post
The oddest thing they did was do the navy/yellow BiG casually in the first place. They should have never done that soft change to the BiG the last few years. They should have just punched us right in the face with it as a massive shock like nothing we had seen before.

Instead we just casually changed to it over the last few years. I guess it was probably better for sales...but lame for the end goal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 18, 2019, 12:28 PM Post
[quote="twofistedslopper"

I guess my point is that if there weren't any leaks, would any of us expect a rebrand announcement tonight? Seems odd how little they've done to hype the announcement.[/quote]

Yeah if it wasn't for the leaks it would probably be assumed it just announcing the new name of the stadium or maybe just unveiling a 50th anniversary patch. I made the the assumption that the re-branding would happen in 2021 to coincide with the park name change.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next  [ 464 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply