LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 02, 2020, 8:26 AM Post
Looking at those powder blue shirseys, why aren't they an actual uniform? Just beautiful.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 02, 2020, 9:52 AM Post
I don't know the real reason, but powder blue is something IMO that looks great on a fan and kind of dated on a uniform. The pinstripe is my least favorite uniform too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 02, 2020, 3:10 PM Post
Powder blue and yellow is one of the most barf worthy combos there has ever been. Powder blue looks fine with blue or white lettering (still not a good look), but any other color is just weird. The KC ones are probably best and I think they use a more neutral blue than the old days.

To me the Brewers had by far the worst powder blue ever, that I can think of. Unfortunately those yellow hats are somehow making a return.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 02, 2020, 6:02 PM Post
I bought a new hat and the logo and colors look really sharp. That is all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 12:52 PM Post
bought my 4 month old son his first brewers shirt today, was waiting for the new logo stuff to show up in stores and saw a onesie at target.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 2:37 PM Post
The new logos are growing on me... I was originally in the camp of Leave the Old ball and glove alone, but I like the new one.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 2:48 PM Post
turborickey said:
The new logos are growing on me... I was originally in the camp of Leave the Old ball and glove alone, but I like the new one.

I like the jerseys. I'm still in the camp of "Leave the Old ball and glove alone" the subtleties are just not enough for me to justifty the change. At some point I will buy that current hat, but I bought 3 new ball and glove logo hats at the clubhouse sale, so I'm all set for awhile, and the hats still go plenty well with my knew knock off jerseys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 2:54 PM Post
Why are there three shirseys online and 2/3 aren't even colors the Brewers wear? There is a UNC powder blue and a blue that is nowhere near as dark as the U of Michigan blue they are going to wear.

I mean...at least the gray matches?

There also isn't a cream one online that I am sure exists. I was kind of interested to see what that would look like.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 3:41 PM Post
turborickey said:

Seconded.

I think the new ball and glove looks like much more of a finished design. Center placement of the ball on the glove, normal placement of the stitching on the ball and straight lines on the space of the M. It simply looks cleaner than the original ball and glove. The connection of the M and the B over the webbing is, in my opinion, the only area where one could make the case of it looking worse, as it no longer reflects a separate M and B.

Without 40 years of original ball and glove love, I don't think this is much of a debate anymore and I despised the new logo when I first saw it. I've come around.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 3:49 PM Post
I like it and it's fine. I like it more than the original one, but 80% of people will never notice if you're wearing old stuff. Which is good maybe?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 03, 2020, 11:01 PM Post
The only new jersey I don't like is the navy blue road jersey. Unfortunately, if history is a guide that jersey will be worn way to much both at home and on the road. I much prefer white on white at home (or cream on cream as with the 70's uniform) and gray on gray on the road. I'm not a fan of the mix and match look.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2020, 11:15 AM Post
Axman59 said:
The only new jersey I don't like is the navy blue road jersey. Unfortunately, if history is a guide that jersey will be worn way to much both at home and on the road. I much prefer white on white at home (or cream on cream as with the 70's uniform) and gray on gray on the road. I'm not a fan of the mix and match look.

I really like the Navy blue. Mu favorite I think. I prefer the jerseys that say milwaukee as opposed to brewers though, or I think I'd have s different opinion.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2020, 12:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
Axman59 said:

Welcome aboard!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2020, 3:02 PM Post
Axman59 said:

agreed!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2020, 6:05 PM Post
https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/ ... 63488?s=19

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 14, 2020, 9:51 AM Post
nice to see they are ditching those spring training hats. yesterday they had on their regular caps.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 14, 2020, 5:57 PM Post

GIF Master
I still don't like that the right side of the logo was flattened. It looks weird to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 11:35 AM Post
The bridge between the “m” and the “b” is the one misstep, and for me it ruins it. Obviously not a huge deal at all, but I just can’t not look at it. Just looks weird. Plus it’s not actually truly an “m” and a “b” anymore (nitpicking...I know).

Revert that connection to the old separated bridge and I think it looks great, might even prefer it to the old logo.

Problem is, then it would look too similar, and they wouldn’t be able to sell as much new stuff. Errr...I mean then we would have no way to symbolize the connection between the team and the city [ohwell]

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 2:05 PM Post
It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 2:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

Honestly, this. Now that the ball has been pointed out, that bothers me more than any of the new stuff.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 576 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply