LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 563 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]

Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 15, 2020, 2:31 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

That is false, the seam on the old one was accurate depending on what angle of a real baseball you are looking at it. I have seen this said before, but that was a real seam of a real baseball.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 15, 2020, 2:39 PM Post
I like the new logo. I think it's clean and professional looking and, as someone who works with graphic designers and has seen the show Mad Men, lol, I actually buy the possibility that they intentionally connected the M and B as a symbol of connecting the city to the team. It definitely doesn't bother me anyways. I could get on board with rounding off the right side of the glove though, but again, not a huge deal to me.

As for the old logo's baseball, I always thought it was cool that they used a nontraditional angle of the ball. As a kid I'd always turn the ball to try to mimic that look.

It's a specific angle and it's exaggerated and cartoony in the logo (as is the rest of the glove, being it's a logo and all), but it definitely mimics the look of a real baseball:

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 15, 2020, 2:53 PM Post
turborickey said:
MrTPlush said:
It is actually still an ‘m’ and a ‘b’. Connecting them does nothing to change that. It is just two letters connected with a line.

Did the old logo not bother you? Because the ball wasn’t actually a ball, the seam wasn’t a real looking seam. To me that would be way more bothersome that they couldn’t even make a ball look like a ball.

That is false, the seam on the old one was accurate depending on what angle of a real baseball you are looking at it. I have seen this said before, but that was a real seam of a real baseball.

Well neither is accurate if we are nitpicking...both just show solid lines...they aren’t laces. Regardless it was a somewhat dumb look, two seams is a lot more logical.

I guess the point is a lot of the logo really isn’t legit or make sense. I mean the logo shows catching the ball in the heel of the glove. The connection actually makes it look more like a glove and look like it has a pocket so to speak. The old one looks like the glove is broken.

It’s a logo, not a legal document. There will be things that don’t really make total sense or look super legit. I don’t think the letters being connected takes away from them being letters.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 15, 2020, 3:00 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
MrTPlush said:

Honestly, this. Now that the ball has been pointed out, that bothers me more than any of the new stuff.

The odd location of the ball in the old BiG is what I see more than anything now. Combine this with the Pepsi seam and serifs on the M and the new logo is just more professional and thought out than the old BiG. The connection of the M and B is odd but makes it look more like a glove. As I have stated before, the new BiG is much better and I hated it initially. I was wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2020, 4:53 PM Post
I absolutely LOVE the new uniforms. Seeing them on TV, they look awesome! Can't wait to see the away gray uniforms...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2020, 9:17 PM Post
Yes they look great! I hope they televise a road game or two so we can see what the Blue ones look like

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2020, 9:48 PM Post
is the Barrel Man going to be on the any of the Brewers uniforms.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Brewers Rebrand [Latest: New Logos and Uniforms Officially Unveiled ~ Post #302]
Posted: February 28, 2020, 11:48 AM Post
Since I mentioned this earlier, just want to spread the wealth. There are a couple nice deals on youth jerseys out there right now.

A $25 youth small Giannis https://store.nba.com/milwaukee-bucks/y ... r3c2:po-11

And a less good $33 youth small Yelich https://www.mlbshop.com/milwaukee-brewe ... -r0c0:po-0

Appears this one is now up to $45 but was $33 as of yesterday. My 6 y/o's birthday is next week so I was really happy to snag them both.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 12:04 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

Announced...no.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 12:07 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

some have guessed that the barrel man would show up next season replacing the 50th anniversary patches

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 12:15 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
brewmann04 said:

some have guessed that the barrel man would show up next season replacing the 50th anniversary patches

I would really doubt that happens. Most (if not all) only have one sleeve patch...minus anniversary patches etc.

It seems too weird to remake the logo and then do nothing else. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a barrel man alternate eventually. That may be the actual plan. Seeing as the Brewers love endlessly toying with new alternates in years past it would make sense to wait a year or two (since there are already so many new uniforms) to reveal it.

Last edited by MrTPlush on February 28, 2020, 12:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 12:33 PM Post
I agree that 2 patches is too much.

I hope the brewers leave the uniforms as they are for years to come. I think 4 is more than enough, but this team loves have uniform choices (and for sale in the team store)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 12:43 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
patrickgpe said:
brewmann04 said:

I would really doubt that happens. Most (if not all) only have one sleeve patch...minus anniversary patches etc.

It seems too weird to remake the logo and then do nothing else. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a barrel man alternate eventually. That may be the actual plan. Seeing as the Brewers love endlessly toying with new alternates in years past it would make sense to wait a year or two (since there are already so many new uniforms) to reveal it.

Yep my guess is in a year or two we'll see a third alternate uniform(maybe a blue home uniform or a yellow or baby blue alternate) that features whatever ends up being the most popular secondary logo

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 2:33 PM Post
I dunno.. the home whites on last night's 'replay' on FSN didn't look good to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 3:57 PM Post
Myday2001 said:
I dunno.. the home whites on last night's 'replay' on FSN didn't look good to me.

Well they aren’t white....so...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 4:38 PM Post
turborickey said:
I absolutely LOVE the new uniforms. Seeing them on TV, they look awesome! Can't wait to see the away gray uniforms...

IMO, these are easily the best set of home-away-home alternate in team history. I am not a fan of the navy away alternate, and wouldn't be surprised if it is replaced by a powder blue/royal blue version of the gray away jersey in the upcoming years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 4:47 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Myday2001 said:

Well they aren’t white....so...

lol...I was just going to comment, you beat me to it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 4:48 PM Post
One thing that's unclear to me still. Will we wear the blues at home? I know they were announced as "Road Alternates"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 5:03 PM Post
MVP2110 said:
One thing that's unclear to me still. Will we wear the blues at home? I know they were announced as "Road Alternates"

I’m pretty sure there was a picture during the reveal or shortly after of one that said “Brewers”. I think it will be like the old navy and have a version for home/away. No announcement, but that is pretty much the only explanation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 28, 2020, 10:25 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
MVP2110 said:

I’m pretty sure there was a picture during the reveal or shortly after of one that said “Brewers”. I think it will be like the old navy and have a version for home/away. No announcement, but that is pretty much the only explanation.

I know Bernie is wearing the jersey you are describing but I haven't seen any actual uniform come out like that.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 563 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply