LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 290 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Davies and Grisham to San Diego, Urias and Lauer to the Brewers

Offline  Re: Davies and Grisham to San Diego, Urias and Lauer to the Brewers
Posted: December 02, 2019, 8:46 AM Post
sveumrules said:
David Laurila's Sunday Notes column leads off with Lauer this week...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sunday-note ... -of-depth/

My guess is the Brewers have something in mind with his pitch mix they think can help unlock better results.

Good link. It’s a very good point that he pitched essentially one year in the minors. He has an opportunity to improve and put it together while in the majors. It would not be unheard of if he transforms into a good number 3 or higher pitcher. I’m not predicting it, but with his pitch mix, he’s still young enough to take a step or two forward.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
brewersfan101 said:
We traded for another Arcia. Would have kept Grisham

Uhh LOL no. This is not true. At all.

Can't say definitively either way. Urias has better on base skills but he has to prove it in the majors and there are still questions regarding if he can stick at SS long term.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Davies and Grisham to San Diego, Urias and Lauer to the Brewers
Posted: December 02, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
Outlander said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
brewersfan101 said:
We traded for another Arcia. Would have kept Grisham

Uhh LOL no. This is not true. At all.

Can't say definitively either way. Urias has better on base skills but he has to prove it in the majors and there are still questions regarding if he can stick at SS long term.

Hence the "not true" comment. Arcia's defense is major league-caliber without a doubt, but his bat is lacking. By all accounts Urias is a bat-first middle infielder with questions regarding his defense at SS. Saying that the Brewers traded for another Arcia couldn't further from the truth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 02, 2019, 9:28 AM Post
I think Urias’ floor is of what Arcia has been for his career at the majors. If he hits .240/.340/.700, he will be a pretty big upgrade over Arcia. He doesn’t have much of a bar he needs to clear unfortunately.

Interested to see the outcomes of Shaw, Nelson, Guerra (officially), and Arcia today. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the Brewers mentioned in a trade of one of these guys today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2019, 12:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
Listened to an MLB Radio interview with A’s GM David Forst tonight and he discussed their recent trade with the Padres (which included sending them Jurickson Profar and receiving Austin Allen). The deal included a Padres PTBNL coming back to Oakland as well, and Forst said they would know for certain which player they were receiving within the next week. It reminded me that the Brewers also have a pending PTBNL with the Padres, and hopefully it’s a similar timeline for selecting the player. Assume the upcoming Rule 5 draft may have something to do with the timing of the PTBNL selections.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Davies and Grisham to San Diego, Urias and Lauer to the Brewers
Posted: December 12, 2019, 1:36 AM Post
I still can't believe we are getting more in this deal. Both pieces I'd have taken straight up. Lauer's control. Urias's prospect status and positional value.

Win win win

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2019, 1:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
Listened to an MLB Radio interview with A’s GM David Forst tonight and he discussed their recent trade with the Padres (which included sending them Jurickson Profar and receiving Austin Allen). The deal included a Padres PTBNL coming back to Oakland as well, and Forst said they would know for certain which player they were receiving within the next week. It reminded me that the Brewers also have a pending PTBNL with the Padres, and hopefully it’s a similar timeline for selecting the player. Assume the upcoming Rule 5 draft may have something to do with the timing of the PTBNL selections.

The A’s player to be named later was outfielder Buddy Reed who went unselected in today’s Rule 5 Draft.

The Padres lost one other player in the major league portion of the Rule 5 Draft today, reliever Trevor Megill was selected by the Cubs. Assuming that wasn’t the Brewers PTBNL target we may (hopefully) hear something soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2019, 3:31 PM Post
Lol at the Cubs pitching. Rule 5-desperate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2019, 6:34 PM Post
I spent a bunch of fruitless time looking for a list of SanDiego's rule 5 eligible players. (operating under the assumption that one will be the PTBNL) Does anyone have a link to that info?

These are the best I found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Padres/comment ... he_rule_5/
https://madfriars.com/2019/09/30/padres ... 5-preview/

I'm dreaming on Esteury Ruiz a little.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 12, 2019, 9:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
Miguel Diaz

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 290 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply