Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Offline  Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:33 PM Post
This pretty much confirms it..

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
1m
The Milwaukee #Brewers, who are planning to cut payroll, led all #MLB with five non-tenders, followed by the #SFGiants and #Royals.

Offline  Re: Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:34 PM Post
Lol, Bob Nightengale. [laughing]

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Offline  Re: Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:35 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
1m
The Milwaukee #Brewers, who are planning to cut payroll, led all #MLB with five non-tenders, followed by the #SFGiants and #Royals.

Uh yeah .... I know you personally want to believe this, but Nightengale is a horrible source. Finding a bum to support your thoughts is not evidence.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:36 PM Post
If this was anyone besides nightengale, I’d be really worried. Still a little concerning though.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:36 PM Post
I feel like that on December 20th, 2012 you were probably up all night on Internet forums convinced that the world was ending the next day.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
1m

Uh yeah .... I know you personally want to believe this, but Nightengale is a horrible source. Finding a bum to support your thoughts is not evidence.

Hey, actions speak louder than words...until DS starts proving this not to be the case, I think it's fair to draw that conclusion, isn't it?? All the players have left, and so far, only minimal coming in and sitting on boatloads of $$ they just freed up.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:38 PM Post
People just need to step back and not go crazy until we see DS does in the next few months.

MillerParkSouth said:
If this was anyone besides nightengale, I’d be really worried. Still a little concerning though.

Why? It's nothing. It's Nightengale making an aside assumption for clicks. I guarantee you that even if Mark A and Stearns were intent on cutting payroll this offseason, Bob Nightengale would not be privy to that information.

Online  Re: Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Global Moderator
Brewcrewin07 said:

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
1m

Wow. Just remember, David Stearns doesn't panic like fans on message boards do.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
·
1m

Hey, actions speak louder than words...until DS starts proving this not to be the case, I think it's fair to draw that conclusion, isn't it?? All the players have left, and so far, only minimal coming in and sitting on boatloads of $$ they just freed up.

Seriously ... how many times has it actually been pointed out to you today that it is December 2! It's like you refuse to acknowledge that, and believe that the season starts next week.

David Stearns cautions against drawing too-early conclusions about the Brewers' payroll purge in recent weeks: "We certainly intend to be competitive once again next year. ... We've got a lot of offseason left."

Step away from the keyboard...

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Global Moderator
This is like trusting Gery Woelful to break legit Bucks news. I'll believe this when Stearns says it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
Mark A will spend to win and let DS make his moves.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:42 PM Post
I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they were trying to go below the $120 million opening day payroll they had last year, but they are not cutting payroll down to $60 million the year after a playoffs appearance and in Yelich's prime [laughing]

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:43 PM Post
Couldn't that sentence continue on to say "planning to cut payroll..........to free up money to overhaul their roster." Not only could it, I'd bet on it.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:44 PM Post
Brew4U said:
David Stearns cautions against drawing too-early conclusions about the Brewers' payroll purge in recent weeks: "We certainly intend to be competitive once again next year. ... We've got a lot of offseason left."

LOl what else do you expect him to say?? he's not going to come out and fully admit they are cutting payroll...they can just not sign FA's and give the standard "we tried"(like they did with Grandal line) and some of you incredibly guillable, DS slobbering fans would believe it. I don't get it. Were you all Ted Thompson fans too?? Where did his being frugal leave the franchise??

Besides what does DS define as being "competitive"?? Competing for a playoff berth, world series, just not being terrible??

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
SRB said:
I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they were trying to go below the $120 million opening day payroll they had last year, but they are not cutting payroll down to $60 million the year after a playoffs appearance and in Yelich's prime [laughing]

So they are cutting payroll then, right?? Cutting payroll, is cutting payroll. Instead in Yelich's prime you should be increasing it substantially.

Online  Re: Truth comes out...what many of us feared..planning on cutting payroll

Cutting THAT payroll, yes. As in reducing what they are willing to pay those players. Not willing to go to arby with them, only willing to bring them back at our price.

Total click bait from Nightengale. Glad to see he got a click, lol

Brewcrewin07 said:
Brew4U said:

LOl what else do you expect him to say?? he's not going to come out and fully admit they are cutting payroll...they can just not sign FA's and give the standard "we tried"(like they did with Grandal line) and some of you incredibly guillable, DS slobbering fans would believe it. I don't get it. Were you all Ted Thompson fans too?? Where did his being frugal leave the franchise??

Besides what does DS define as being "competitive"?? Competing for a playoff berth, world series, just not being terrible??

Now you’re just trolling. You get it straight from the man himself to not panic and yet, here you are using Bob N. to try to make a case for Stearns not doing his job. Time to put your big boy pants on and relax a bit and let the off season play out.

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
Please delete this, somebody.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 62 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply